Sign in to follow this  
brent2

Players killed by Zombies become Zombies; Players Bitten can become Infected

I think that there should be a second "breed" of zombie, one which is more powerful than "normal" zombies. Players who are killed by zombies should have a chance (say, 10%) to become either a super zed or a normal zed (not under the control of the player), and there should also be naturally-spawning Super Zombies throughout the map. Perhaps players who are bitten could have a chance (1% or less) to slowly turn into one of these as well, adding a sort of social stigma and increasing the need to avoid zombies further. I think that this serves a few purposes:

• It's somewhat "authentic"--people who get infected might actually become zombies themselves.
  • It could give military-grade weaponry and high-powered rifles a purpose other than turning the game into a PVP deathmatch, and could make conserving ammo for lower-grade weaponry a lot more important.

I'm not sure about the specifics, but I think that this would add a fun new dynamic to the game. Player-controlled zombies is also a neat idea in my opinion, since it would give people who enjoy PVP an excuse to hunt other players, and it would present much more of a challenge to other players over even the best AI.

Similar ideas have been suggested many times in the past.

Similar ideas have been suggested many times in the past.

I figured as much, but I wanted to post anyway. You never know if popular support will lead to some implementation of this in the future. :)

In I think all movies games and books I think you get bitten there's a 100% infection and when a zombie kills you you have 75% chance

I figured as much, but I wanted to post anyway. You never know if popular support will lead to some implementation of this in the future. :)

you should be able to choose if you were bitten and you just got infected but didn't want to be a zombie then it could give you a choice to respawn or to become a zombie Edited by newguy5725

I already thought about this subject some time ago.

I believe it could be great if a dead player will resurrect as a Z (maybe he could choose between a new player or go on in the shoes of a Z), to make the Z role harder for the player it could be have a blurry visual and to enhance some other sense it could be aided by dots for the peripheral view, just for example.

rocket said that about player controlled zombies. he also said other stuff he took back or never talked again. stop being a douche and let people discuss what they want. this isn't the official feature list it's the suggestion forum...

gotta love those dismissive douchy know-it-all oneliners. people think they're so cool :rolleyes:

I think the official line is that we, as Survivors, are immune to the virus and that the zombies arent really zombies but Infected, mad as bat shit humans.

As for Special zombies, i think the only thing that will be implemented is a life cycle, whereas newer, or recently fed zombies are fast, while older, or starving zeds are slower.

Scavenging dead players is a part of the game, the act of killing a player already itself is a risky business, having them finished off by a zombie makes it unnecessary risky, if you add the infection to it, it would also further discourage co-operation as every live team member becomes a new potential zombie upon an encounter. just an overall bad idea.