Ponies should play a part in the Dayz world. You can feed and train them cause survival is about caring for animals rather than yours. Ponies allow you to travel to your destination at night without the need for gps. Thoughts?

that wouldn't be much as a survival game at all having ponies just fly in heli there are more cooler

By ponies do you mean a young horse and would we have to put horse shoes on them as they grow up?

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

You can train them to ride them, you can train them to bite off Scott Tiderman's wiener or you can shoot them for glue, meat and jello. It's a win-win for everyone.

Edited by DayZoey
  • Like 1

I'm not riding a damn pony. I'm 6'3".

Horses would be good though. They could spawn at farms and they'd be more useful than a dog that barks at a zombie giving away your position.

gtfo bronies.

WE DISLIKE THEM IN DEES PARTS

Nah jk but I think coding in a horse would be extremely hard

What is up with the borny population on these forums? You would think that a brutal and unforgiving game like DayZ would scare away those "Friendship is Magic" guys.

What is up with the borny population on these forums? You would think that a brutal and unforgiving game like DayZ would scare away those "Friendship is Magic" guys.

Little girls are the intended audience of DayZ.

Edited by TreeSap
  • Like 1

Horses would be good though. They could spawn at farms and they'd be more useful than a dog that barks at a zombie giving away your position.

Yes ! I would love being able to ride horses in dayz !
  • Like 1

Horses yes, ponies no. I'm fairly certain most grown men wearing around 75-100 lbs of food, ammo, and other survival gear might break the back of a pony... But horses, doesn't require gasoline or spare parts, win win from where I stand. Finding one, might be a bit tougher

...sure.

I would like one with a pink mane and yellow coat, with a makr of 3 butterflies on her flank. I will call her...

...Shyflutter.

Only if I can use them as thermal blankets, ala Tauntaun!

Cough. I mean, sure! Let's have horses to ride in the game.

The only thing I can bring up to object to this is that I'm not sure many horses would have stayed around after the world went to pot. So if they are included they should be found in the wild and might not be completely approachable at first.

gtfo bronies.

WE DISLIKE THEM IN DEES PARTS

Nah jk but I think coding in a horse would be extremely hard

Maybe not as hard as you think. This is one coded for Arma 2 and it's pretty good to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRssGe_WBU0

But Horses/Ponies would be a great source of food and target practice etc :)

Edited by Timboski

You'd have to find a saddle and reins from a barn which would be pretty rare, maybe horse shoes like tires? it'd be pretty fun I guess, but it won't be invincible against zombies, it could get spooked and kick you off like in The Walking Dead.

• Like 1

You'd have to find a saddle and reins from a barn which would be pretty rare, maybe horse shoes like tires? it'd be pretty fun I guess, but it won't be invincible against zombies, it could get spooked and kick you off like in The Walking Dead.

Zombie should also aggro on all animals, not just horses.

You don't necessarily need a saddle and reins

pony_slaughter_2011_by_curtsibling-d42ee4q.jpg

There 2 flies with 1 strike, the role ponies would play, and unicorns !!!

Edited by DiazWaffleCrabstro

bronies in a zombie apocolipse...

okey, this is getting too far