Sign in to follow this  
Kubz

How to be a REAL bandit

So I'm playing with my buddy on a Namalsk server a few days ago and we meet up, get gear the usual stuff. For some reason there's this derp in side voice chat telling everyone where a convoy is. We realize he's literally just down the road so we snipe him and take him out.

We then tell everyone in side chat we scared the shooter off and to meet us at the convoy. A truck of 4 people shows up. They get down and start scoping the area for hostiles. Just when they think they're safe, I unload a full AKM Mag into 3 of them while my partner takes out the driver with a headshot. After looting the bodies, I run down the road a bit and run into a squad. They ask me if I want to join them and I say sure. We get into their Ural.

They take me to Tara Harbour and start searching the docks. Meanwhile, my partners been following us with a boat along the coast and is now hiding in the hills with a CZ. This squad spots a chopper and wants to shoot it down. I convince them to get on the roof for a better shot. 3 of them go out, only 1 comes back. "The other 2 have been killed" hes screaming, sniper in the hills! So now it's me and 2 guys in the building hiding on the 2nd floor.

These guys are watching the stairs from separate ends and I can only get a clean shot on one of them. I'm beside one guy so I quickly shoot the other guy in the head with my AKM. Now the person beside me knows I'm hostile and turns to shoot me. He shoots me and breaks my leg. As he's about to finish me, I shoot him roughly 20 times in the legs and knock him unconscious. I hover over him as he's passed out and take all his gear of value.

As he awakens he stares at me and asks, "please don't kill me, keep my stuff I'll just run." I stare at him for a moment and with a cold, emotionless whisper tell him, "No tears, only dreams now." And finish him with a headshot from my Revolver. I meet up with my partner and we take all their best gear, a Ural and some random noob we found in the wild to the Old Hospital.

We get down at the old hospital and this noob runs out straight for the supermarket. Poor bastard..we kill the kid and he sounds like he's crying on voice chat. We see a helicopter approach and hit the deck. It circles around a few times asking who's ural it is. We say nothing and are completely silent. Finally, it hovers over the hospital and we have a shot. My partner takes out the driver as I run out and shoot the other 2 players inside the chopper. After raiding the old hospital, the bodies and the heli, we park it next to the ural and blow them both up with a grenade. We leave the scene with nothing but a revolver with 2 mags each, 1 can of beans and 1 can of pepsi.

Why?

Because we're fucking banditos.

• Like 5

using the side chat to lure people....

definitely not a REAL bandit...

Why not? He deceived a group of experienced players. That takes skill. There's a big difference between what he did and "guiz I need halp in elektro my legs are broken come save me in the fire station tower!" which is basically just noob hunting.

• Like 1

so ya so far this is i think the 6th story i read so far that involves side chat... would you be able to play a game and do all that without the side chat?

thought not :P

however i find the pilot of the heli to be a moron because who the hell just decides to do a landing on a building no less the hospital that anyone can see, i honor that kill

a group of experienced players.

Stopped reading right there.

Why would any experienced player fall for such a NOOB trap?

thats like putting a marker on the map saying "FREE AS50 NO LIE" then camping there for 2 hours and killing some unarmed new spawn from 200m's away with a M107 and claiming you took out rocket with a makarov......

• Like 1

Yeah, using side chat is kinda lame but it took me about 4 hours to lure those kids to Tara Harbour. 4 HOURS. That my friend, is a true skill.

Ok. Sorry but you come off as a real asshat mate.

You lost me at the whole whispering to the bloke before you slipped it in. What the actual fuck? No tears only dreams now? Makes you sound more like a sex offender than a bandit.

This particular forum seems mostly to consist of people with delusions of grandeur and butthurt clowns who can't cope with bandits.

I now bandit bandits. That shit is fun. This is kids at play, not men at work.

Just sayin

kill as many people as you can hahahah!!!!! ;) :beans: :beans: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2nd group heres akm fire, comes across guy with akm, "hey lets team upz u must be friendly dont mind this pile of bodies we have to step over to take the truck, surely it wasnt your akm that did it" herpy derpy.... wouldnt say they are experienced. while this is banditry its hardly amazing taking advantage of idiots. not worth a forum post.

My antics using sidechat landed me the label of "Scumbag" by most of one server's community. I literally lured two to three experienced players a day to a specific location. At one point, I convinced an eight month vet to travel from Feruz Abad all the way to Bastam (in Takistan), where I shot him and took his beans. I told him that I was running from zombies, and they caused me to break my leg... so I needed a morphine. Being a gullible fool, he trusted me, and ended up with a bullet going through his skull. I use side chat to lure people all of the time, and to be quite frank, anybody who says that it displays poor banditry clearly has never done it, or has attempted to and ended up getting killed in the process. If you can deceive experienced players to go to a specific location, that is excellent bandit skills. I am on my third day of survival, and on my fourth kill in Chernarus. Going down to the coast with an AS50 and picking off bambis hardly requires skill. Go north. I have an AS50 w/ an L85, and if I wanted to go south, I could easily do so and rack my kills up in the process. However, I prefer the solitude of the north...

Edited by Colten

Ok. Sorry but you come off as a real asshat mate.

You lost me at the whole whispering to the bloke before you slipped it in. What the actual fuck? No tears only dreams now? Makes you sound more like a sex offender than a bandit.

This particular forum seems mostly to consist of people with delusions of grandeur and butthurt clowns who can't cope with bandits.

I now bandit bandits. That shit is fun. This is kids at play, not men at work.

Just sayin

I'm neither good sir. I just wanted to share my lastest and most fun experience in DayZ at being a bandit.

Gah be immature and bit dammit. lol. Just stop whispering to people. It's really weird.

Gah be immature and bite dammit. lol.

Just stop whispering to people. It's really weird. No one does that.

why blow up the vehicles?

Think of the kill count you would have if you had left the ural as bait in one of the cities..

• Like 1

This isn't being a real bandit. But any form of bandits are ganged up on, on these forums. There's tons of Bandits out there that should be helping a fellow Bandit, but they don't as they just care about themselves. I'm personally not a bandit, and in the months I've played DayZ probably have had the skin 3-5 times.

But getting back to the point Banditry is always frowned upon no matter what.

-Sniping from a hill (Far)

-Killing random players you meet in a town (Close)

-Or using side chat like you did.

Now the "non-bandits" are like the jocks of these forums they're just going to gang up on you and make you hate yourself, but in the long run you'll probably out last them when you put the barrel of your gun to the back of their head.

And as I say this I still don't like the idea of being a Bandit, but I understand when I have to kill someone. But this is how it looks from a bystander on these forums, and it's not cool guys. Sure he kills your virtual character, yes you worked hours to get to where you were I've had it happen to me. But without Bandits, DayZ loses that look over your shoulder and anxiety feel. It's just be a bunch of AS50 Ghilles running around looting town to town until the server restarted, then you'd do the same thing over again. It'd get boring quickly.

The original story on this thread is ripe with embellishment. And one other thing, it is not possible to kill a ural and a heli with a single grenade, especially with no one in them. They take far less damage when empty. So... as cool of a story as it is, it's bullshit.

Sure, maybe some of it happened. But this guy's credibility is seriously damaged.

Let's all go make shit up!