Lancer 2-2

Combat Logging

Was this not removed with the new Combat Mode icon?

It's my understand that when you fire or are fired upon (round hitting you or coming within 8m) then you cannot succesfully logout/abort.

Or does the attacker have to fire within 8m of their target?

Reason being I was running West towards Cherno when I spotted a player to my left closer to the edge of the forest. I stopped behind a tree and watched and noticed there were two of them, one a bandit with what looked like a .50 sniper.

Sniper and Spotter out to kill innocent bambis.... so I snook up on them with my Lee Enfield.... Aimed and fired off two rounds, both hit, both knocked out (I dont think either of them died)... I moved up switching to my M9 SD to finish them when they both vanished and aborted.... WTF?!?!!?!?

Unfortunately, it's still possible to leave the game, one requires you to be very quick with your mouse and the other using ALT F4 (wasn't this supposed to not work?). Pretty annoying i have to say but people will never play the game as it should be played, unless there are severe consequences for their actions.

Oh I just thought that the Combat Mode meant that even if they "abort" with either method your character stays in-game until the combat timer returns to green.

Like in EVE Online if you attacked somone and logged out your character would be stood their until the aggression timer ran out (your ship would still be in space somewhere).

It also meant you could not use a stargate or dock until the aggression timer ran out.

Just annoying, both were down and bleeding at least but just as I moved out from the tree they vanished! :(

Oh well

Oh I just thought that the Combat Mode meant that even if they "abort" with either method your character stays in-game until the combat timer returns to green.

That would be ideal but the netcode of the ARMA 2 engine doesn't allow log-out delays.

We feel your pain, that as50 would have looked much better in our hands. Anywho I think that would be a good suggestion, although the timer is only 30usd seconds. Maybe your character should stay there for an extra few minutes if you combat log.

the combat logging seems broken for me.

if i fire, the icon starts flashing but I'm still able to disconnect and the icon never stops flashing o.O

It works for Venthos (he's the one who came up with it.) mod. If someone is in combat mode and they quit the game, their toon automatically dies there where they logged out.

why didn't you shoot them in the head?

Because one of them just got up so I didnt have time to focus and the other one, while lying down I couldnt quite see the head.

It works for Venthos (he's the one who came up with it.) mod. If someone is in combat mode and they quit the game, their toon automatically dies there where they logged out.

that part of it hasn't been implemented yet