Druskov

Coop Server

Some consider trolling an artform :P

However I bid thou goodbye and wish you best of luck with the 'mod'

I will check in from time to time to see its progress :)

Anything could be considered art rocket, even simply breathing could be an art..

Not saying that it's any less impressive but to call a mod Art seems a little..Off.

"That's right bitches, I produce art with code!". You'll see that people who are REALLY interested in art, are also senile as hell. (Yes, let's spend thousands if not millions on a piece of paper with some drawings cause it looks pretty!).

Again, I don't believe that's anything sour tossed your way. I don't mean to give you any shit - It's just the mindset I get whenever someone calls their own work art..Simply it's just hilarious to me.

Also, you could completely bi-pass the Co-op servers if you simply laid down the law and made ___, ___ and ___ No-PK zones punishable by a lengthy ban. (What's the point of a unban forum if almost nothing except maybe literally hacking will get you removed from the population?) People will complain "Oh that's too much of the mysterious string pulling hand making the game "easy". Which all it would really do is make PVPers fight against other PVPers - Well stocked, not some easy kill because they're ten calibers up the list than Mr. Makarov. (While also giving Mr. Makarov a place to actually find a group without the immediate "shoot first or die first" thoughts coming into play..

Edit : Again, emphasis on "Not trying to give you shit". I understand that it's your creation and you want to see how it unfolds.

But it seems like it's going from "Trying to survive the apocalypse" to Mad Max : 5 with the leaders of the thunderdome being whichever clan has the biggest arsenal and can pull off a kill from the greater distance.

I'd already answered the suggestions about coop servers with the reason why its not possible, and the reasons it is not in the scope of the project.

But I felt that, as a courtesy, given the passion and strong reasoning with which people were requesting this - they really deserved me explaining my motivations a bit more, however misapplied or incorrect my motivations may be - I felt people had earned the right to know them.

I'd already answered the suggestions about coop servers with the reason why its not possible' date=' and the reasons it is not in the scope of the project.

But I felt that, as a courtesy, given the passion and strong reasoning with which people were requesting this - they really deserved me explaining my motivations a bit more, however misapplied or incorrect my motivations may be - I felt people had earned the right to know them.

[/quote']

Thats fine. Though from my view I don't fully understand but I at least will respect your decision.

Appreciate the insite rocket.

I'm looking forward to what direction you take this mod into.

You cant please everyone, if you had PVE sooner or later they would complain there is not enough to do, or its to farmy, you cant win.

Leave it as it is, the recipe you have now is good.

^Druskov

Too little conflict creates a stale environment where death will really only become possible through bugs. (IE: Zombies running through walls at you, falling off ladders, lagspike deaths - Hell anything not related to getting shot). It's a safety net.

While having too much conflict will create alot more rage and drama than is required - eventually leading to split-offs and new DayZ servers not run by Rocket and his development team - Sure they might not be up to date when they finally find some source code but they'll enforce a lot more rules than are being held here.

It's a catch-22, you get rid of PvP and things get stagnant. You make it pure PVP, you turn it from survival to just hot-potato with ____'s kit load-out as everyone kills each other and trades off his equipment. I see where PVP is a very big part of the mod - But PVP usually is being referred to on even-terms..Someone laying down two miles away with a sniper killing guys minding their own business with pistols is not PVP. That is almost the same thing as spawn killing.

Edit: Hell you could compare it with the way WoW handles if you can't find a better example;

There's a reason why games like WoW only let you quick match pvp with people ~10 above your current first digit. (IE: Level 10, pvp 10-20. Level 24 player in a pvp zone that's 20-30, etc. etc. It's about even grounds - That is when PVP is fun. "Pro-snipes" from across the world without ANY indication that you plan to kill someone is far from "PVP", that's like saying that Oswald PVP'd the shit out of Kennedy.

Also, I've only been working on it since January (I am sure the other guys on the project will remember the first tickets they created for suggested concepts!) - either myself or others may take elements of the project once its matured, and create other entirely different concepts perhaps significant better.

The decisions made I always anticipate will be replaced and superseded by better decisions in the future, either from myself or others. But, there is a time and a place for everything. The time now is to see where this concept goes, in line with the motivations that drove it.

I would also like to see a Non-PVP server. So long as we have the option to choose whether we want to play in a PVP server or not' date=' I'm all game for this idea.

[/quote']

Noo, then you can server-hop and get the best gear there is before going back to the pvp server.

I would also like to see a Non-PVP server. So long as we have the option to choose whether we want to play in a PVP server or not' date=' I'm all game for this idea.

[/quote']

Noo' date=' then you can server-hop and get the best gear there is before going back to the pvp server.

[/quote']

That would be a problem, which could be possibly fixed by having it so that a player has two DayZ characters, one for PvP servers and one for Coop servers, but as stated by the developer, he does not wish to include a non-pvp server. What I would like to hear now is if at some point the developers plan to allow players to host their own servers so that they can play privately with their friends if they so desire.

I really don't want to see the playerbase become fractured. I really like the interaction of different playstyles in a single environment, and if we make PvE severs, the others are going to become more or less dedicated PvP.

If they are going to make a pure coop server I suggest a domination server where the teams clear out villages and towns until the whole map is clear. Just like domination in arma 2 witha few tweaks here and there. If not then there really would be no reason to play and it would be way too easy. I like the feeling of never knowing who's watching when I enter a town in search for food. It keeps me on me toes.

Ofcourse your character in one type of server is completely different from the regular Dayz servers.

I think you will eventually find a non PvP server to be extremely boring. Despite them sometimes being a royal pain in the ass we need bandits.

ya a non pvp server would get boring after a while...the karma/bandit thing needs to be figured out and things would be fine i'm sure. I like what alldayzsimon said ""Pro-snipes" from across the world without ANY indication that you plan to kill someone is far from "PVP", that's like saying that Oswald PVP'd the shit out of Kennedy." He does in a way speak some sense there...but at the same time no...i just think thats fucking hilarious though, thanks for making me laugh man :P

A server with no PVP would be nice because I hate it when I've been playing for 2 hoursd then end up being PVP killed. I understand that lots of people want PVP but this wouldn't affect them as they can simply select a server with PVP and still have people who think it adds to the atmosphere to kill while me and my friends only have to worry about the zombies. It could get boring after a while but if id did you could go back to a PVP server.

The charactors used on a PVP server shouldn't be allowed to switch to a none PVP server and vice versa.

Edited by littlekenny21