Sign in to follow this  
mikyjax

Why the spawn location could be the entire map and not only the beach.

Hello everyone.

Here is my though:

When we spawn, it s always next the beach. Most of us just run to big cities to grab some interresting loots before heading north.

That part of the game is 50/50 chance to survive, but we don't give a f*** since we are playing for 10 minuts.

If we spawn anywhere on the map (in forest, never in a town) we have to find our way to the first city/village. Then if we want we can go to loot big cities but the travelling expanded the meaning of our character. So we will enter in a big city with much more care. Maybe we already found some interresting stuf on the way, maybe risking cherno is not the good idea.

I think this could change the actual bean wars on the coast, and change our habits.

Each game must be different and for now it always start the same for me. Hitting big city - find a map - find a compass - maybe a backpack - get the fuck out as soon as possible because now I have something to loose.

This feature combined to the "no gun on respawn" should drastically change the game.

The option respawn should be possible to use only 3 times in 30 minuts.

That means we can kill ourselves because of a buggy respawn but not because we are to far from cherno or our buddies.

Mike

I have nothing to back this up with because I am too lazy to go find it a bit busy at the moment, but I thought I read somewhere that this will eventually be implemented because it is the intended way the game should work. Like I said though, I could be completely wrong.

It would definitely be better than the present situation.

The point of starting the game is washing up on shore and a big part of the realism is the fact that everyone and their dog is going to go to the two largest cities in the game first... so my answer is, just move north and don't go to cities.

If the developers changed it to random map spawns I would probably leave the game. It would make it too much like a cod type fps and less like a survivor type game.

I don't see the realtion between cod and a random spawn.

Lot of people will keep heading to cherno/elektro no matter where they spawn. Because those are big cities, with lot of loots. Nothing will change except that you will enter those cities with more fear of death.

And the "cod kiddies" will maybe stop existing since they have a big time to travel, know where they are, ect... before entering cherno.

The point of starting the game is washing up on shore and a big part of the realism is the fact that everyone and their dog is going to go to the two largest cities in the game first... so my answer is' date=' just move north and don't go to cities.

If the developers changed it to random map spawns I would probably leave the game. It would make it too much like a cod type fps and less like a survivor type game.

[/quote']

I don't see how randomly spawning has any relation to Cod if anything it will stop the amount of deathwatch type behavior going on since you won't have people spawning near the beaches and the two largest cities.

a para drop would be nice maybe with steerable parachute or static so new lives spawn all over and there is no concentration of fresh beans, also the tent cities with vehicles would be more vulnerable.

being ejected from a plane is just as disorientating as being washed up on shore

a para drop would be nice maybe with steerable parachute or static so new lives spawn all over and there is no concentration of fresh beans' date=' also the tent cities with vehicles would be more vulnerable.

being ejected from a plane is just as disorientating as being washed up on shore

[/quote']

Nice idea but i think that could be exploited somehow i just feel it.

"If the developers changed it to random map spawns I would probably leave the game. It would make it too much like a cod type fps and less like a survivor type game."

Amazing post! I love the gibberish some people come out with.

I wonder if full map spawns would lead to players suiciding until they appeared where they wanted ? That already happens , but would happen more to get closer to barracks I think.

I wonder if the map was a full island the shore thing would be better.

Saying that I quite like it, noobs on the shore will not have guns soon and having them close to each other may encourage some interaction before they can kill each other.

"If the developers changed it to random map spawns I would probably leave the game. It would make it too much like a cod type fps and less like a survivor type game."

Amazing post! I love the gibberish some people come out with.

I wonder if full map spawns would lead to players suiciding until they appeared where they wanted ? That already happens ' date=' but would happen more to get closer to barracks I think.

I wonder if the map was a full island the shore thing would be better.

Saying that I quite like it, noobs on the shore will not have guns soon and having them close to each other may encourage some interaction before they can kill each other.

[/quote']

I don't think hitting the barracks with no gun is a good idea (next patch)

You will have to find at least a makarov or your life expectancy in those areas is under 20 seconds.

It s easily fixable though. If you die in the first 20 minuts you respawn same point.

The debugg are must be fixed before tough.