arkaeldren

Needs to have a poll... Vehicle changes

I know this has been talked about a few times, but lets get this worked out, as the vehicles have major issues that can still be changed for the standalone.

1) Since we have no "auto" fix, can we please get a bit of durability increase?

2) For the love of GOD, do the vehicles need to have a complete resistance to the wheels in full lock. Come on, turn the wheel and you can not move.

3) The sound files for certain vehicles is like torcher. The BAF and the UAZ might have that type of serious "whine" in RL, but please tone them down.

4) The idea of an "off road" vehicle, is that it can handle off road travel more efficiently than a non off road vehicle. Please do not reduce the speed of such vehicles due to gravel roads, and any of the grassy type areas. Should be, On all asphalt or Gravel roads, NO SPEED restriction. Any other surface, and that means "ANY", maybe a 10-15% reduction would be adequate.

Come on people, throw in your ideas on this as it is still something that can be easily addressed in the standalone.

• Like 4

A handbreak would be nice.

Are you guys all saying these vehicle issues are not that much of an "issue" to the community? Come on, lets get some input on these points, or bring up some fixes.

Only vehicle im interested in is one that grazes and can be harvested for meat ina pinch

• Like 2

I know this has been talked about a few times, but lets get this worked out, as the vehicles have major issues that can still be changed for the standalone.

1) Since we have no "auto" fix, can we please get a bit of durability increase?

2) For the love of GOD, do the vehicles need to have a complete resistance to the wheels in full lock. Come on, turn the wheel and you can not move.

3) The sound files for certain vehicles is like torcher. The BAF and the UAZ might have that type of serious "whine" in RL, but please tone them down.

4) The idea of an "off road" vehicle, is that it can handle off road travel more efficiently than a non off road vehicle. Please do not reduce the speed of such vehicles due to gravel roads, and any of the grassy type areas. Should be, On all asphalt or Gravel roads, NO SPEED restriction. Any other surface, and that means "ANY", maybe a 10-15% reduction would be adequate.

Come on people, throw in your ideas on this as it is still something that can be easily addressed in the standalone.

If I was a forum mod, I would maybe put this in the 'suggestion' section.

Anyway, let's have a little bit more duribility with certain cars, and maybe a fix that prevents cars from flying over zombies.

I Agree with the OP it's just silly how slow these cars go on grass.

I like the handling but you can run faster then some cars in grass lol

Most important of all: they should never explode unless hit with an RPG. It's a silly and dated mechanic (GTA lol !). If a car is wrecked it's wrecked, you can't repair it anymore, but it doesn't make any sense that it explodes. And all the stuff in it shouldn't just be destroyed, some of it might... make it random or something. Think real car crashes :/

Also, fix the collisions with crap on the roads: "Hey look I bumped into a wheel on the ground and all my tires, my engine and my fuel tank are red" or "What did I just crash into ? Oh, invisible hitboxes".

Bicycles too, make it so that they don't go RED when you hit a bush at 5km/h.

Vehicles are suffering from major glitch issues that only work against the player. That was balanced by the auto fix (one huge bug in favor, lots of bugs against), but now that it's gone vehicles are usually more hard work than they are worth.

• Like 1

I want to be able to eat in the vehicles again. My kids eat in my cars.

I want to be able to fire weapons from vehicles, drive by style.

Pretty much everything but the UAZ, S1203, and URAL are a waste of time in my book. I love the bike but it doesn't really stand up against tiny rocks (its still a lot of fun to ride, especially while under fire). All vehicles could use a slight speed boost but I feel their current offroad speeds are pretty realistic. Sometimes it's really annoying trying to get a GAZ to camp.

Well, if they want to be "authentic" all of the vehicles need a lot of work,

They get stuck an way too much stuff when you are driving slow to creep through areas.

Running over zombies and animals does no damage but if you bump anything at very slow speed it breaks everything.

• Like 1

These are very real issues. Its something that I would like to know is on the table for the standalone. Maybe a good portion of players dont use vehicles, but I know how to run, and my fingers are "very" tired of holding down the damn "W" button. All jokes aside, please work on the vehicle mechanics for the stand alone.

Since the latest update theres been a serious issue with vehicles with full green health unexpectedly exploding with the smallest of impacts.

I've spent more time dragging fellow medics out of burning wrecks than healing patients this past week.

As Rivy says above, its completely unauthentic that vehicles explode when crashed, even a high speed impact would have very little chance of any kind of explosion, an engine fire maybe.

really hope this gets fixed soon.

Edited by Fluxley58

Definitely agree with faster offroad speeds for non offroad vehicles but it's up to a player on how they control that because if you rev up and speed off on mud or grass then the wheels should spin and flick muck everywhere so you'd have to take it easy anyways, atleast when starting, and if you turn too sharply on these surfaces you should skid and maybe spin out a bit. Also windscreen wipers, even if they're just aesthetics and come on automatically when it's raining, it'd be a nice touch of detail, maybe when you hit a zombie or player a bit of blood splats on the screen or if the head impacts the windscreen it cracks a bit.

I'm sure Rocket has said that the vehicle system is getting a big overhaul, reinforcing would be cool like by adding extra scrap metal and stuff you can reinforce your bus, upgrading it to a battle bus,

I wish I could just find one the now, then seems to have vanished on most servers.

If your wanting it more realistic how long should full last? After all during a zombie apocalypse I don't think my local shell station will be getting filled on a regular basis, like Amo fuel need to be a lot harder to come across.

*durability" Bumping this thread cuz yeah.... it needs some fixing.

Just now me and my mate fixed all 4 wheels. When we pull up it we drive against the side of a building. (so max 10km/h)

I see 2 wheels disappear and then the car explodes....

Annoying... especially if your thinking a car sometimes needs a clip of m107 before the car does anything.

the car was a red Offroad toyota 2 seater.