Shadow Man

Colapsable AS50

I'm thinking the AS50 should need to be dismantled to carry it. It could be used in the way the machine gun nests in ArmA work. You choose your position, then assemble the AS50. There could be very slow crawl adjustments because of grass etc but no more run and gun. You could leave in set up where is and run off but to take it with you it needs to be packed away.

• Like 5

This is a brilliant idea.

The anti materiel rifles in real life are very large, unwieldy weapons that you have no real chance of running around and hip firing without proper experience with it - even firing from a kneeling position is very impressive.

I'd at least like the requirement to go prone (with best accuracy) or kneeling (with worse accuracy) and set up the bi-pod when prone to stabilize it - it's a very, very powerful rifle, that would balance it out a fair bit I'd say.

• Like 4

I don't see a point to this.

The as50 doesn't need a mount, it has a bipod.

Edited by ketsakunta

He's not saying it needs a mount, he's saying it needs set up time. An anti-materiel rifle is probably the quarter weight of a person and that load gets heavy after awhile, not even mentioning the massive recoil from firing a 50. BMG from a rifle like that. I think what he's going for is you move to an area and the AS50 is not fire-able until you reconstruct it and set up a position in the prone stance with the bipod, you'd be allowed to crawl around to adjust position but you couldn't just stand up and take off like the devil without taking the time to collapse it again in to a more portable fashion.

• Like 1

Well, considering that is was made for the Navy SEAL's it's made to be somewhat lightweight (27-33 lbs depending on where you read) with a lower recoil and quick to be brought into action it's probably fine the way it is.

Well, considering that is was made for the Navy SEAL's it's made to be somewhat lightweight (27-33 lbs depending on where you read) with a lower recoil and quick to be brought into action it's probably fine the way it is.

It only weighs around 30lbs like max said, its not a recoilless rifle

Edit: My bad, it is a recoilless rifle

Edited by ketsakunta

Hell that is light! A gympy weighs the same(gpmg...m240) And yah sure as hell can lug those beasts around no worries.

"Under 3 min using nothin but a screwdriver"

Still not exactly pick up and run. The idea was for balance. With such a powerful weapon there should be some degree of realism. The 5 sec ArmA animation pretty quick I'd say.

not even mentioning the massive recoil from firing a 50. BMG from a rifle like that.

with the recoil dampening and mass weight that goes into those rifles the recoil is about that of a 12 gauge shotgun. I dont think they need to be set up to fire, just add a proper stamina system ingame...

the more weight you carry makes you slower, causes you to spend more time catching your breath after moving, increase your thirst and hunger and increase the chance zombies and players will notice you, from either you gasping for air after running from berezino to cherno with an as50 on your back, ammo and primary in hand or the noise of humpin round all that gear. Maybe even add in the ace system of needing to stop and catch your breath every now and then or you will collaspe

Well given how intuitiveness of the current inventory system maybe set up time should not be an inventory screen thing but a button you would press as easily as you would switch firing modes/zero range, just make it a bindable key.

Also on a note of LMGs or portable machine guns, they were designed to be fired from a prone position. Not standing, not crouching. Prone. This is fact, not opinion. Of course you can set it up crouching at a static position (setting it on top of something or mounting it to another) but they were designed to be fired from a static or prone position. The purpose of these weapons is to lay down a large amount of sustained suppressing fire, not to engage in one on one combat with a superior amount of ammunition. It is a support weapon and the fact that it is capable of killing people is secondary in purpose but primary in nature (keeps the people from lifting their heads or moving for fear of death).

• Like 1

Lawl and nice cry

It's not a cry.

I'm stating what I think. Dont take it so literal .

But then again, maybe you were one of the thermal scoped as50 fanboys ^___^