Sign in to follow this  
21standlast

Journal: Current entries

Dear: Journal

As we approach our fourth day in our fishing expedition, our captain, Jones Sanders, has caught a mild illness, signs are pointing to fever. Doctor will be called aboard. The doctor will be accompaning us, in case of fever worsening. As of now Sanders' first mate, Debine Huggs, will take the wheel as Sanders resides in the ship's cabin with the doctor at his side. Charlie Fisher and I will be charged with the task of handling the net. Today's catch was disapointing, we plan to stay aboard for another day or perhaps two. I will continue at first dawn tomorrow.

[Journal entry #2]

I could not sleep not a wink, every time i doze off, they come to me, nightmares. Horrifying and so realistic, if i didn't know better i'd say they were real! The captain slowly approaches me, a shadow hides his face, once he becomes a foot away from my hammock, he bends over my bed i ask "What's wrong captain? Do you need something." He stands there for a while, until a flash of lightning reveals a scarred and battered face, he lunges at me as i awake, drenched in sweat, i grip my knife, and hold it close, until i can light my lattern. I scan the room and get to my feet, to check on the captain, he seems all right, other than the twitches he'd produce, every once in a while, maybe he's having a nightmare as well? Hopefully the Doc, Hugg, and Fisher are doing better than us. Perhaps we've all be out at sea too long...

[Journal entry #3]

The sun has finally awaken, but the captain still in his bed. Seems the rest of the crew slept well, Charlie kept on going about how he felt that today was the day, we were going to haul in a mighty load of fish, and the sight of that would get the captain back on his feet. Today is the fifth day of our expedition and i would sure like for that to happen. With our first cast we hauled in a measly couple of fish, Charlie decided to toss out the lobster cage, and to our luck we got an abundant load of em'. Still it did not seem like enough to give up now, as we let the net go, i resided to the cabin. I spoke with the doc' about Sanders' condition, and he said he should get better soon, but i could see doubt in the doctor's eyes. I now feared that perhaps we should return and seek a hospital's medical attention, but the doc' isisted he was fine. He sure didn't seem to be getting better, small pockets of skin peeled back, on his arms, it was a truly gruesome sight to see.

Edited by Inception.
Title edited to suit and specific posts merged as well as numbering to journal entries has been added.

Dear diary,

I found a page of someone's journal. Seems some fish monger wrote it on the back of a Capt. Crunch box. I will keep an eye out for any extra entries, just for the giggles.

• Like 1

Dear Diary,

Yet another page was found. I did not read this one since it is borderline spam. See 1 thread could contain these entries. I have a feeling the author will soon be merged and warned.

I cannot shake this feeling like some folks feel the forums are their personal blog! I await the response of my fellow forum goers.

Hey thats a good idea

But i figured this would keep up the suspense, but ill stop sorry for the bother

Edited by Inception.
Posts merged.

just use one thread. you'll still be able to entertain us without spamming!

on that rate, within a day or two, the only threads visible would be your diary entries. not sure if that would be good. :-)

Edited by Inception.

Yes...for future notice, please post them in this topic.

So in that case update this topic with your soon-to-be latest journal entries.

EDIT: Posts merged to this one topic. I will merge your specific posts with your first post as well. Posts merged. If you would like others to read this topic when it is not on the first page of the General Discussion, comment "updated!" once when you have added another journal entry. Do not do so if it is still on the first page.

Edited by Inception.