sgttrojan

British Sergeants' Mess - [BSM] **Fully Admin'd** & Whitelisted - TAVIANA.COM

Last Updated: 23/May/2013

post-9892-0-05337700-1357202323_thumb.pn

To the DayZ Community Members,

After extensive work from conception to release we, The British Sergeants' Mess, are pleased to announce our custom built DayZ server is ready for you and is accepting players.

Come and play the popular Taviana dot com map with our friendly community and experience for yourself how you can get the most from DayZ.

Note you must have the dot com map and not the dot EU map.

Talented coder monkeys have been creating the game how you want to play it, with:

More vehicles, more loot, more weapons.

Coded in are:

Vehicles:

We regularly spawn in additional vehicles to keep you mobile. We want you to establish yourself on our server and having a vehicle is the fastest way to achieve this. We also consider it a viable threat to ours and others' "bases" and it increases the chances of you finding others camps and locations. What you do next is your wish. Attack, befriend, join forces, stalk. It's up to you.

Unique Features (mostly written by SilverShot, stolen by many servers):

-> General:

- Working debug monitor - press scroll lock or insert to toggle

- Tents/Vehicles show the inventory counts and their maximum capacity

- Zombies and loot spawn while in vehicles

- Wrecks and Care Packages spawn with loot

- Custom camp randomly spawns with any type of item/weapon

- Eating and drinking from tins/cans convert into empty ones

- Smelt 4 empty tins/cans into Scrap Metal at a fire

- Smelt 4 whiskey bottles into Windscreen Glass at a fire

- Smelt 1 civi clothing into a Sandbag at a fire

- Chance to reclaim tank traps/wire fencing when removing them

- Base Building - Spawn in permanent objects using various materials

(requires Entrenching Tool. Exact items required to build and no extras)

- Coyote backpacks can be saved as persistent stashes on the map

-> Weather:

- 25% chance for clear weather with no fog on server start

- Ground Fog between 1.30am and 3.30am

- Snows when overcast, foggy and not raining

-> Combat:

- Melee players/zeds - Press Ctrl+Spacebar or Shift+Spacebar

(This will kill zombies and knockout players letting you search them and take their primary inventory)

- Take clothing from dead players

- Czech Vest Pouch is also an explosive vest

- Rig backpacks with a grenade to detonate when someone takes

- No more force spawning. You will spawn in the same place

- No more aborting to hide your body

- Active combat system (moving, changing stance, accessing gear etc)

- Kill messages

-> Vehicles:

- Remove parts from vehicles

- Vehicles spawn with random loot and weapons, high value gear in military vehicles/planes

- UAZ Gunner ammo increased, 2 extra clips (150 rounds total)

- Military vehicles can dispense smoke screens with 3 smoke grenades in their inventory

- Vehicles with missing engine / main rotor will no longer start

- HALO jump when you're loaded in the cargo of the C130/MV22

- Auto refuel vehicles at petrol stations without leaving the driver seat

- Siphon fuel into empty jerry cans by scrolling over the vehicle

- Rig vehicles with satchels to detonate on engine ignition

- Police cars have flashing lights and sirens

- SUVs have Neon lights at night

- Flip vehicle function (ATV/Bike)

-> Air Vehicles:

- HALO Jump from aircraft - Scroll mouse to open chute. Controllable freefall and parachute

- Load Cargo - Parachute vehicles from aircraft (C130/MV22)

- Drop the vehicles inventory on a parachute - Requires 2 wood

- Smoke pods toggle on planes (Maule 7, AN-2, C-130 Hercules, MV-22 Osprey)

- Switch to pilot seat from gunner or cargo. Pilots can switch to cargo

-> Fun:

- Chill out next to a tent

- Dance and Exercise - Make a fire with wood and look at it

- Mountain Dew gives LSD effect (best with full post processing)

- Ride animals and Steer them at Farms (scroll on the AI soldier)

- Load animals into the MV-22 at farms for parachute drop

- Piggy back rides! To initiate players must salute and look at each other

-> Vehicle additions:

ATVs

Mi-17

UAZ with DShKM MG

UAZ_CDF (Camo)

UAZ_RU (Camo)

UAZ_Unarmed_TK_EP1 (Sand Camo)

UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV_EP1 (Sand)

Offroads (Camo/Desert)

LandRover_TK_CIV_EP1 (Red Offroad)

Police Cars (LadaLM and British model)

Ural_CDF (Camo Covered)

Ural_TK_CIV_EP1 (Blue Covered)

UralCivil (Orange)

Ikarus_TK_CIV_EP1 (Purple bus)

Volha_2_TK_CIV_EP1 (Grey)

Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1 (Decorated)

Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1 (Green Rusty)

Lada1 (White)

Lada2 (Red)

-> Weapon additions:

BAF_L85A2_RIS_SUSAT

BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo

BAF_L86A2_ACOG

M4SPR

G36C

G36A_camo

G36C_camo

G36K_camo

G36_C_SD_camo

AK_107_GL_kobra

AK_107_GL_pso

AKS_74_UN_kobra

BAF_LRR_scoped_W

BAF_LRR_scoped

M24_des_EP1

M40A3

SVD

RPK_74

VSS_vintorez

bizon

AKS_GOLD

revolver_gold_EP1

MakarovSD

UZI_SD_EP1

Sa61_EP1

-> Credits:

SilverShot - Unique scripts and server features

Crosire - For his server package

Hicks_206 - Who made Taviana

Rocket - For DayZ

R4Z0R49 - The latest DayZ code

UnclearWall - Wrecks and care packages

AlienXAXS - Kill Messages

ChemicalBliss - Vehicle spawning system with loot

Karel Moricky - HALO based on their script

sxp2high - BTK Load Cargo script

Rockhount - Fog script

Daimyo21 - Base Building and Active Combat

Takistan Life community for LSD effects used on Mountain Dew, police Siren/Lights and the player stun/knockout system

We look forward to supporting new members and playing the game the way Rocket intended it, as a supportive game for surviving with each other.

**we are partial to a bit of PvP from time to time and will announce PvP specials nights where we will back up the database and spawn everyone in with full load outs for some PvP warfare and afterwards restore everything back to how it was.

In the event that some script kiddy or hacker comes on and spoils the fun we can simply roll back the database so YOU do not suffer. In the unlikely instance that there is no admin and you are not in our Teamspeak leave post in our DayZ forum explaining what happened and whether you have a suspect that we can deal with. We can do with as much information as possible so we can trawl the logs for evidence. Either way we guarantee to have you back up with your gear (at last back up) within 24 hours.

How to find us:

Server name: DayZTaviana - [bSM] British Sergeants Mess - (Version#No/Beta#No) (Care Pkgs, Wrecks, Remove Vehicle Parts, Flip ATV)

IP: 109.169.20.162:2302

Config: Loc=UK, Diff=Vet, Map=Taviana dot com, Slots=40, TZ=UTC-5, 3DP=on, CH=off, NP=off, DM=on, SC=on, PW=no, WL=no

Contact any of our [bSM]Sgt admins at www.britishsergeantsmess.com or via the dedicated DayZ forum http://www.britishse...blic-dayz-forum

Our server is a top spec SSD and has scheduled (and fore-warned) reboots every 6 hours. It's spec is an Intel Xeon E3-1270 3.40GHz, 8GB DDR3 with 240GB SSD Hard Drive giving you the best, lag free experience around.

We also encourage you to join us on our Team Speak server in our dedicated DayZ (and side mission) channels. Join us here: ts3.britishsergeantsmess.com

British Sergeants' Mess - Providing Good Games Since 2001

Video Archive:

A successful Halo jump from a chopper.

post-9892-0-62233200-1353499384_thumb.pn

Edited by Sgt.Trojan
  • Like 7

I used to play on your server for a little bit; the server spec is now exactly what I've been looking for - so I'm gonna get on now and start gathering the essentials ;)

Seeya out there!

edit; server yet to update to 1.7.3.4

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

Hercules drop last night had 7 different weapons. :o

The server will not be updated to 1.7.4.4 until it is supported by our host/ admin control panel.

Been playing this server for a while now, not had any problems, and the stuff the admins recently added in such as care packages and new crash sites make it alot easier for new players to get stuck in as they no longer need to run all to was to stary to get anything better than an akm :)

As the server is still very quiet its ideal for any clans that want to get set up on a solid admin'd server, weather they want to pvp, pvz or just do camp raids. Because this server is designed to take dayz back to its roots its good for any new players that want to learn the ways of survival without being killed by hackers every 10 minutes.

• Like 2

Thank you very much for your kind words aj. :)

Where did you say you wanted that £5 sending to? :D

• Like 1

Kid's got a point! A good solid server thats solidly admin'd.

I'm definitely downgrading to 1.7.4.3 and having an all-night session this evening, if anyone's down!

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

The latest patch is causing an array of issues server-side, as far as I know.

I spoke to Trojan regarding the server and got the below reply:

Ayup. It's caused ours to crash too. We will have to wait until our admin program supports it I think.

Just a matter of time, buddy! Downgrade until that time arrives - the server's got enough dynamic settings in place to keep the fire burning!

Edited by mzltv
  • Like 1

The finger is always on the pulse and as mzltv says, there's plenty to keep the fire burning.

I am the Mayor of Zelengorsk btw. (My fav town). I've got single tents dotted about for mainly vehicle and commercial loot & back packs, great for new starters.

They are: at rear of super market, hills east of fuel station, one near house on eastern approach road and one near power station transformers. Feel free to take what you need.

You will know my tents, they all have three whiskey bottles in :D

Ha ha yeah they're all empty!!

Got myself a bus company started if anyone wants a lift, season tickets can be bought from Mayor of Z otherwise its Frank'n'beans/mile :)

• Like 2

or you could just pay crazy in kind...;)

• Like 2

Nice to see some peeps enjoying it. A lot of work has been put in to get the server how we want it which now makes it much more playable.

Plenty of loot/ Vehicles and NO hackers.

BIG THANKS TO THOSE WORKING ON THE SCRIPTING

• Like 1

yeah glad to see it all comin together now, its been a long few weeks hats off to the guys behind the scene who have put all the hard work in to getting our server to where we want it, and hope to see some new faces joining and enjoying the game like we do.. lets get it ooooon... ;)

• Like 1

Good stuff.

EDIT

In the event that some script kiddy or hacker comes on and spoils the fun we can simply roll back the database so YOU do not suffer. In the unlikely instance that there is no admin and you are not in our Teamspeak leave post in our DayZ forum explaining what happened and whether you have a suspect that we can deal with. We can do with as much information as possible so we can trawl the logs for evidence. Either way we guarantee to have you back up with your gear (at last back up) within 24 hours.

Edited by Sgt.Trojan

The server is now fully supported and updated to 1.7.4.4

Tried, tested, everything previously owned has been restored.

HALO Jump is working again :D

Wow the Wrecks are really worth checking... Just found GPS' date=' M4A3 COO, M24 and M14 AIM at ONE!

They can spawn anything, including rangefinders! So get hunting![/quote']

• Like 1

Hello,

Could you elaborate on your 'custom weapons"?

Thanks and take care

We are discussing adding more weapons though.. the scripters are looking into it.

• Like 1

Today's log.

I offered to help a guy find a vehicle. On the way to stary i found a GAZ which i said I would bring him to. After finding out what it needed I agreed a pick up in Cherno. With the wheel he found and the parts I had in a tent we could get it going. I picked him up and we headed back to Zelengorsk. On the way I got out to show him one of my tent locations and we got over run by zombies. I was KO'd as he was trying desperately to kill the attackers. I re-surrected with heavy blood loss and I heard him ask if I was dead. I got up and started bandaging myself but was KO killed by a zombie. 47 days character gone in an act of friendship :D

I asked him if he could put some of my things in the tent and traded off the chance and offered him my NVGs and GPS, thinking he would do it. Then he announces he has to go. I know what you are thinking but when I found my way back to my body everything was still on it, NVGs, GPS, everything but my M4A3.

Wierd times :D

Unlucky chap, its always a silly mistake that ends up killing you enit. well thats usually the case with me.

Me and Silver where up in the chopper n found a gaz the other day so fueled it up took it down to churno and gave it to a few new spawns(Nugunz and Co) aswell as a couple of other goodies to help them on their way :D

Edited by Sgt.Ganji
  • Like 1

Sweet.

I got back to Zelengorsk in the chopper that keeps spawning in electro (I spawned near power station). I picked up a couple of good guys in Kamenka.

Was still on the look out for a new M4 so we looted stary. No M4. Went to airfield. No M4. But they found me an M16 :)

One of the dudes got mauled by Zeds at the barracks but rezZed back in. I gave them both bloods after the carnage, looted the barracks and told them I would give them the chopper. I flew it back to Zelengorsk, gave them a blood bag each and then the chopper.

You might say it was a good start for them on our server :D Naymid an Zentic I think we're their names.

Edited by Sgt.Trojan
  • Like 1

1245GMT

**Now taking requests for pick up and drop off. I'm curretnly online with a huey and can help you get your kit established at your request. Hurry, hurry, hurry.

• Like 1