Sign in to follow this  
shankly1985

FPS Drops Advice

Am running a high end system and I getting very bad FPS drops into 30's on this game is it normal? Is everyone suffering poor performance?

Settings

1080p on both Res

No AA

Shadows High

Post Process Disabled

Texture very High

Anisotropic Filtering very High

Objects and Terrain very High

Also done the .CFG edit changing GPU to 1 not sure if there is anything else I can do? CPU and GPU are Overclocked CPU 4.4ghz and GPU 1100/1500

• Like 1

Welcome to a game that's not optimised for multi-core systems.

My advice drop the settings abit, the game barely uses your GPU anyway it's quite CPU heavy which is funny considering it barely uses two cores.

Also hi if on the off chance you're from PSEU.

Edited by AstroZombie
  • Like 1

It's perfectly normal for DayZ, i have a Core i5 and a GTX 560ti 448 and get 50-60 out in the woods etc, drops to 25-30 in town but drops to 10 in a car sometimes. I've read posts from guys with GTX 680's having similar issues.

Setting video memory to high helps, set shadows to high, so gfx card renders them seems to help a little. Certain servers are worse than others, server population makes it worse, the list goes on and on. I found lowering settings made no difference really but an SSD helps apparently. That's my next purchase, after the Standalone is out, if I need it.

Hello Astro yes from PS3 fourm mate :)

You think it might be better if I set game to limit 2 cores?

Welcome to a game that's not optimised for multi-core systems.

My advice drop the settings abit, the game barely uses your GPU anyway it's quite CPU heavy which is funny considering it barely uses two cores.

Also hi if on the off chance you're from PSEU.

Every thing on High + PS should be activated ( I know,,, but it does help things along).

There are some Stress Tests in SP but you need to run in Vanilla.

Also over clocking is not always a good idea, if you are going from 60/ to 30 fps.....

Also game will detect cores in normal circumstances.

Check out the in-game Stress Tests and adjust your settings as required.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in hearing how it works for you, as I don't use those settings. I had similar problem to you and high end kit like you. :thumbsup:

It's perfectly normal for DayZ, i have a Core i5 and a GTX 560ti 448 and get 50-60 out in the woods etc, drops to 25-30 in town but drops to 10 in a car sometimes. I've read posts from guys with GTX 680's having similar issues.

Setting video memory to high helps, set shadows to high, so gfx card renders them seems to help a little. Certain servers are worse than others, server population makes it worse, the list goes on and on. I found lowering settings made no difference really but an SSD helps apparently. That's my next purchase, after the Standalone is out, if I need it.

SSD doesn't help for shit. I have a 240G intel SSD and a radeon 7970 Ghz and I still get 20FPS in towns

I thought setting video memory to default was the only way to utilize all of the graphics card's memory. Has this changed?

WoW following that guide My FPS didn't drop passed 55fps :) Was in and out decent size towns also can't tell you the name of the towns tho lol not used to were about I am on the map etc yet.

Highly recommend trying that guide guys.