Sign in to follow this  
flower (DayZ)

Underground Vehicles

If underground bases were to be in this game some sort of underground transport system would be necessary if bases were to be linked which span the entire map. Maybe some sort of underground drilling vehicles as well as means to store the necessary fuel. thoughts?

I doubt that'll Actually be implemented, rocket just said that was a best case scenario dream.

Correct me if I'm wrong

I doubt that'll Actually be implemented, rocket just said that was a best case scenario dream.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Sounds pretty spot on for me.

And how do you propose this "underground fantasy world" is constructed? By Dwarves?

We play as survivors of an apocalypse - i think civilisation has collapsed so i dont know how this hi tech construction is supposed to be implemented. How can we construct huge underground transport systems on one hand while hunting for a can of beans just to survive on the other?

I hope there is some sort of underground base construction but i hope it is basic and realistic. Digging a hole, placing timber and covering it up should be about as hi tech as it gets.

• Like 3

And how do you propose this "underground fantasy world" is constructed? By Dwarves?

We play as survivors of an apocalypse - i think civilisation has collapsed so i dont know how this hi tech construction is supposed to be implemented. How can we construct huge underground transport systems on one hand while hunting for a can of beans just to survive on the other?

I hope there is some sort of underground base construction but i hope it is basic and realistic. Digging a hole, placing timber and covering it up should be about as hi tech as it gets.

lol, agreed.

basic holes in the ground shored up with planks of wood, enough space for a couple of players and some gear and a piece of board over the top covered with turf.

Maybe, maybe have narrow tunnels, but they should take a whole lot of man hours, materials and effort.

ilFQV.jpg

I don't think any subterranean APC belongs in DayZ.

Anything more than a foxhole + tarp/ply is just taking the piss.

Unless we want to go for the "abandoned mineshaft" motif.

I loves me a minecart track. :lol:

Donkey Kong Country FTW!

When I think of 'underground bases' I think more of a large basement type areas. Even the underground portion of Namalsk seems a bit much. What you're proposing is way to farfetched.

If underground bases were to be in this game some sort of underground transport system would be necessary if bases were to be linked which span the entire map. Maybe some sort of underground drilling vehicles as well as means to store the necessary fuel. thoughts?

Underground transport network spanning across the entire map? you mean something like this?...

to actually make the infrastructure for this transport network you'd need one of these.....

good luck with the factory runs when that fucker breaks down

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 1