So I'm still very new to the mechanics of both Arma2 and DayZ, so please in advance excuse any stupid mistakes I might have done in my doings of this short but energetic tale.

I spawn, it's night out, and I throw a few flares. The red beam of light bounces as it hits the road illuminating a sense of peace and I know the 50 or so meters ahead are clear of the undead. In my travels I come across a new player as well, we agree to team up at least for the time and make it a goal to find somewhere to hold up until other survivors come by to team up with before leaving for places unknown. We came across a town, no, I wouldn't say a town, at least from what I saw it came more as a village.

We should of taken the bodies of other players as a warning, but curiosity kills the cat I suppose. We do a bit of looting, going through buildings, in one I find an Enfield, in the other we find some food, painkillers, all sorts of goodies. Moving northward we find another body, 1 zed sits patrolling the area around him, he is dispatched quickly with my revolver. My partner proceeds to loot the corpse while I cover him, this is when it started...

One zed makes it self known as it sprints toward us, wanting to test my enfield I take aim and fire off a round, little did I know of the sound it would create. From the darkness, six became twelve, and twelve became fifteen, and fifteen became a number I didn't stick around to count. Exclaiming "RUN!" to my comrade, we made haste through the village gates, running through coordiors of warehouses. Along the way we lost eachother, I broke from the combines of the villa and hit the ocean waves. For 2 long minutes I awaited the oncoming horde expecting, for 2 minutes I heard various gunshots whom I could only assume was my comrade defending himself.

After awhile I stood, and cautiously approached one of the flares in an attempt to see if perhaps, just maybe, my friend killed them all and was awaiting my return. Turning past a corner to my left, I looked in horror at something I dare not forget lest I lose my mind to the dreaded virus itself.

Feasting upon my friend was at least 15 of the beasts, all crouched and hunching. Being one of my first games I had never seen so many zombies together, I wish I had gotten a screenshot but my mind was elsewhere at the time. I knew I was going to die, so taking my enfield I tried dispatching them in an attempt to redeem my friend (and biding I survive loot his corpse). Sadly, without any flares, I quickly was lost in darkness and had surcom to the teeth of the snarling white eyes.

Just happened in game. Anyone else have a good story? Doesn't have to be long, just I think I'd enjoy reading some other experiences people had.

Edited by Inception.
Screw up on my part. Title re-changed.
  • Like 49

well lets see..... today earlier at about 5 or 6 pm us2 time me and 2 of my friends were walking out side of cherno investigating a warehouse wen our russian friend was suddenly shot in the back while he was walking around the building. me and my friend inside the build proceeded to be besieged for about 2 hours shots fired here and there. quite boring but no one wanted to go in or out and get shot. eventually i heard a pop one of the guys out side was killed by a sniper idk who the sniper was and the other guy ran inside i shot him in the head with my trusty 1866 shotty. from there me and my friend walked to elecktro where we came across a group of 3 people one had a akm i shot him in the chest 4 times with my 1866 a little bit of over kill but i felt threatened then the other guy who was armed with just a revolver was shot by my friend on top of the bank building. then we went off and set up camp because night was falling by then. and holy shit that's a lot of spelling errors im not going to correct so screw you guys lol.

• Like 2

I was hurt...badly hurt ...I had lost so much blood it must have left a path 5 miles long. I managed to make it to the northern hospital of Cherno and asked on my walkie talkie if anybody in the city could help me with a blood transfusion. I got a response of some survivors trying to make their way to me. I shot open the front windows of the hospital to get inside and heard the maddening yells of a dozen or so geeks.

I could barely see my vision was so blurry and grey but I wasn't going down without a fight. I squeezed off as many rounds from my .45 revolver into those blood thirsty monsters as I could manage. I dropped about 15 before I passed out from blood loss. I woke up to see more of those hungry eyes gazing at me through the glass and I fed them the rest of my lead. I saw another survivor through my hazy vision run into the apartments across from the hospital and grabbed my blood bags and made a dash for him. Little did he know the apartment was infested and when I got closer I could see they were feasting on his still warm corpse. I shot those three and three more coming down the stairs. This must have alerted more because I could hear the screams of them in the distance. The poor sod had a Remington 870 shotgun with two 8 rounds packages of slugs that I decided to make use of not to mention the 4 juicy steaks he had in his backpack. In between blasting zeds with the shotgun I was scarfing down steaks. My vision slowly blurred a little less and I had regained some energy.

I asked again over the walkie if anyone was coming and they said they were in the center of town. Just then I heard automatic weapons fire and explosions going off. The walkie talkie went dead and I decided it was time to head north out of town. Luckily on my way into the hills I spotted two cows grazing in a field and stumbled up to them and shot them both, gutted them and took more meat than I could carry. I cooked it all up, feasted and rested and thanked that poor bastard in the apartments for the second lease on life. R.I.P. Shotgun man on Australian 2 server. You saved me and I owe you one.

• Like 34

Zulu Alpha survivors raided Zub Castle from another group during the morning. Capturing a huge pile of loot. Several failed counter attacks later, the loot spread over the entire bottom and middle floors. I joined them in the early afternoon and then left Zub for a rescue mission at Chernogorsk. The rescue failed and ended with me up on a roof alone shooting over 70 zombies with less than 2000 units of blood. Got off the roof after clearing the immediate area. Moved north of Chern towards Zub. Where a lone fellow survivor held the castle. Shortly after I walk\fainted out of Chern the survivor de-synced and couldn't rejoin to guard the castle. I managed to shoot a boar that had fortunately spawned right behind me 2m away. I gutted it, but couldn't cook it due to a glitch with the fire dissapearing and being unable to make another one. Ran\Fainted to Zub and took up position overlooking the front entrance. Still had B&W blurry vision with aprox 10m view distance. Eventually two friends managed to join and one built a fire for me to cook the meat. I got my blood back up to 5k or 6k units and resumed my guard on the castle and it's massive stash. 20min later other non-friendly survivors Direct Speak to us from outside the castle. After refusing to I.D themselves and maintain distance, they shoot one of my friends on the roof. They Direct Speak again, asking to be let in. Claiming to be friendly. After I refuse them access and shoot off a warning shot they their requests turn into demands. I bluff them into thinking there are four of us in the castle and tell them that they'd have to use explosives to get in. They try shooting through the castle walls and throwing flares to blind us. Eventually I shoot one in the leg trying to get in and I believe he died from blood loss afterwards. An half an hour after the siege began, I shoot off rounds to draw the zombies spawning east of the castle. The besiegers run or are killed by the zombies. My friends disconnect and later another joins me again. I organize the loot into Backpacks and my friend shuttles it out away from the castle. An hour or two later we run out of packs. Before the rest of Zulu Alpha joins later in the afternoon the server restarts and resets to night. We lose everything except what we have on the two of us and a tent I recovered from the loot.

• Like 2

So today in daytime I took up a objective of getting more in-land. Realizing it was not going to give me anything I headed back south and I stumbled onto a little village town.

I saw it because there was a flare burning there. So I made my way slowly towards to the place where the flare was to just discover noone was there. I was suddenly surrounded by zombies.

I had to crawl away from them and when I was almost totally in the clear I heard another flare thrown. I think to myself "This must be happening, the flares cant just appear by themselves right? I doubt the walkers learned to use them.

So then again I make my way towards the flare and I noticed in a barn house a green chemlight. I make my way slowly there and whisper louder than usual asking if anyone was in there.

I got no answer...

I went inside and there were just empty cans and a empty soda can. Someone had been there. He must be playing with me. Then I thought of giving up but suddenly I noticed another flare lit up. So I quickly make my way to it and it was just middle of the field surrounded by walkers.

I am going insane, I thought. But then I saw in far distance a flare that was moving although I saw noone there. But that was already on the other side of the town, it was long gone. I couldnt run trough the town to get to it. There were way too many walkers to risk with that.

I don't know if it was accidental or... or maybe there is some kind of advanced walker out there mocking players making you think you may find one of your own, but just be lead to a horde of zombies...

Who knows.. Time will tell.

Now I will head to sleep at one lighthouse I got to.

I wonder what adventures tomorrow brings.

• Like 10

Theres a word out there of a father grigori character similar to that of the one from Half Life 2. He takes shelter in one of the major cities, I am still learning the names, but I was told this by a thread on /v/ sharing stories of the mod. Anyway, there is some guy thats actually hunting the zombies. Biding he is apparantly a bit lack luster in his typing and grammar skills, the word is that he helps any newbies he seeks, and has been seen to come out of firefights unscaved.

All of this is rumors however, and it may have just been some random player, but keep an eye out!

• Like 10

Awesome scenario happened to me last night.LONG read but i promise it's worth it.

I spawned and look to the north and see a flare so i haul ass that way and keep in mind that everything is happening in nighttime so you can't see ANYTHING unless you have flares or chemlights.When i get close i see two guys coming out some brush so i lay down and crawl their way.I hear them on the mic "Did you hear that?" so i say "Friendly" and jump up,we exchange names and such and i ask where they are headed.They tell me they don't know so i ask them to join me on my way to Chernogorsk(huge city with tons of great loot but also lots of pkers) they tag along.

We head up the road half a km and pass a few villages and get a little bit of loot.About 15 minutes of more traveling and we see a little military area with tents,barb wire fences and sniper towers,so we cautiously head toward it but a few zombies come sprinting at us.6 zombies,and 6 rounds later we enter the area and we split up and look for loot.I find an m24 with 5 rounds in the sniper tower and another one of us finds an mp5 but unfortunately there was no bullets and a map.

After a 20 minute haul down the road we finally arrive at Cherno.We notice its REALLY quiet and are barely any zombies around.Looking in a warehouse we loot some nice little chemlights and one of my group members finds some ammo for his mp5.By now I'm a little beat up by previous encounters with zombies and my screen is shaking and i need some blood (gained by getting a transfusion with a blood pack or eating red meat).We see a huge building with multiple staircases and ladders and proceed to climb it.We get to the very top and throw flares in our N,S,E and W directions to get a better view.We don't see much so head down and look around some more.We come across a military tent and a little hut.The two enter the tent and i check out the hut,where i find a nice Enfield with some ammo and a large backpack that lets me carry more supplies.I give the sniper to the guy with no primary weapon and the guy with the mp5 finds a large backpack as well.

We go around the corner and see a rabbit in the road,so i shoot it,one group member guts it and removes a meat steak (which requires a hunting knife) and the other starts a campfire (which requires matches),he cooks the steak and gives it to me and it brings my blood up.The screen shaking is still present so one of my mates provides me with some painkillers which completely cure my shakes.After we look to our south and see a flare to our south and cautiously head that way,and drop our chemlights so we aren't spotted.We luckily come across a hospital and look for an entrance so we head around back.The other guy finds a medical which holds some blood packs,bandages,morphine and an epi pen.We're all a bit low on blood so we give one another a transfusion and are completely healed.

I notice that we lit up our vicinity with light so i say "Guys,it's really illuminated here,we should move out". Less than thirty seconds later i hear a *SNAP* and i'm on the ground bleeding out and unconscious.I hear my mates on the mic "Is he dead!?" and they think I'm dead and i can hear them coming up with a strategy.Now when you go unconscious an hour glass comes up on the screen and you have to wait for it to empty,but you can't talk while unconscious so i couldn't tell them to help me.You have a maximum of 12000 blood and that's where i was at since i just got the transfusion but i was bleeding out and my blood was rapidly decreasing.By the time i got up i was at 3000 blood,and i yell "Help! Help! Help!" One of squad mates says "Holy shit,we thought you were dead!"So we go around behind a fence and he gives me another transfusion.

Now were looking for the asshole that shot me and we get to a road and a field and to the left some backyards of houses.We see a flare towards the backyards but see no one.One of my guys says that he'll get his attention by running around with a chemlight attached to him.He runs across the road and dives for cover.After a few seconds i look towards the flare and i see a guy crouch walking near a house and i yell "He's to our 10!" I get my sights on him and squeeze off 3 rounds of my Enfield but the flare goes out and i can't see if it was a kill or not.I throw another one but am unable to see a body due to bushes and trash cans blocking my view.We walk about half way to where the guy was and hear another *Snap*,i dive for cover and hear two more.I then run behind a house to my left and look behind me and see one of my squad mates lying in the middle of the road,dead.My other mate has no more bullets for his mp5,and i see the body that i killed with the enfield earlier but its way to risky to check it for guns or bullets.We head to a little house behind us and luckily i find a winchester and tell my mate to pick up.Now we head for the front door which faces the road where we were fired on and we need to get to our other squadmates body because he has our bloodpacks on him.My mate says "Ok i'll run across the field with my red chemlight to distract him and you get to the body and get the supplies." We count to three and he takes 10 steps out toward the field and i sprint to the body and dive,i hear *SNAP* and i look over to my right and see a red chemlight in the field not moving,so i go to check the pack quickly and.....*SNAP* my screen turns red,i turn over and i'm dead.

Now this was about over a span of 45 minutes to an hour that all this happened.It was THE most immersive,multiplayer experiences i have ever had.

• Like 32

Day 1:

0900 - Started off confused and disoriented, the last thing i remember was being seperated from my platoon, and getting hit on the head by something heavy from behind.

1000 - Found my way to a town the locals refer to as "elektra" in short. i only have a pistol and some scarce ammo with me...

1030 - Alrighty, honestly, this town is FUCKED, Zombies all over the place (where did they come from!?) and bandits on the lurk everywere!

1145 - Came upon a church, almost shot a fellow Legionairre, Assassin. i managed to bandage him up, and Darkwolf come running at the noise...

That makes 3 of us Legion, against an army of undead...shitty odds, but still better than before.

1200 - Upon investigation of the church we found, dead bandits apparently tried to make a last stand, and died horribly. bloody.. BUT, they had a lot of good weapons such as two M4's, a CZ550, and an AKM. ammo to go along.

1400 - We heard from Word of Mouth from the other scattered survivors that we should head north, less zombies, and more guns.. upon investigation of the map, we deemed the town "star" past the dam, to the direct north would be our target.

1500 - Arrived in "Star" right as dusk.. found a couple mags laying around, and some food..

1800 - Found a long bunkhouse to hold up in for the night, popped a couple flares, and toasted some more beans and pork. tasted like cake after you eat it enough.

1900 - Got careless/restless. decided to explore at night with our group of 4, now to include another legion member, Fluttershy..

Basicly, it went like this; Zombies are VERY attracted to light. at night.. sound carries.. and when they screm upon seeing us...you can put two and two together...we ran, with basicly the whole town chasing us... back to our bunkhouse to funnel them in.

Flipped the M4 to full auto, and started slaying bodies. in the madness and confusion that ensued, Assassin was killed...poor guy... now we are down to 3 people, and our flares are starting to die out, and we're almost out of food...

To be continued..

• Like 4

Not gonna write a really long story but this was pretty epic: Poopypants and I were in Berezino, and he had logged out in the hospital so he was blocked in by glass. We unloaded on it but it didn't appear to break. We attracted maybe 10-15 zombies; I ran them around while Poopy wasted all of his ammo on the glass. Finally it broke (it was glitched or something) and we headed to a grocery store where Poopy swapped his useless AK for an Einfeld. He fired off one shot and suddenly all hell broke loose. I swear the entire town came down on us. Poopy fired all 40 rounds for the Einfeld and said he missed only 3-4 shots, and I probably killed 20-30 with my M4 before needing to get more ammo out of my backpack but by then it was too late. The flow just wouldn't stop and the entire store was filling with zombies. We waited for a gap to appear near the door and made a brake for it, but we got hit a few times and were bleeding. Keep in mind this was all in the pitch black night. We ran to a building where we knew the zombies couldn't get us, but 20 feet from the entrance Poopy collapsed from blood loss. I emptied a mag into the crowd but it was too late. He was dead after we survived for about 5 days. I was badly injured but had a couple of blood packs. Thankfully Sam must have heard the shit storm and ran to the same building to avoid the zombies. He gave me a transfusion so I gave him my extra blood pack. Huge shout out to Sam lol

This was definitely the most epic moment I've had so far. We were literally yelling on ventrilo and I'm really upset I didn't record it lol. I'm now recording all of my playtime. Thanks for an epic mod!

• Like 6

A friend and I both spawned in in the middle of the night and spent about an hour meeting up. We then spent another 30 minutes or so trying to get our inventories sorted out as we prepared to head off into the wilderness.

Miraculously, we managed to find a map as we were still on the southern shore. As I opened it up to get our bearings, examining where we were at in relation to the treeline, I got shot in the head by a bandit north of us in the woods. He never bothered to try and collect my gear.

Not wanting to endure the painful process of walking along the pitch black coast for another hour to meet again, we both logged off.

• Like 1

I was in the military base near Balota with a friend. We were scavenging around when we found a bandit in a tent covering one entrance. We came in on the other side. We were behind him and he didn't notice. We have heard word he was extremely hostile and armed with an assault rifle. We did what we had to. I put my revolver to his head and blew his brains out with one bullet. I took his gear and we buried his body. I had no remorse because I knew I finished off someone who murdered many others.

• Like 1

The night I went to Cherno...

It was dark, it's funny to think how dark it was even though the city could be seen under the ghostly illumination of who knows how many flares. I went into the city as a survivor, 6 revolver rounds, half starved, empty canteen clanking at my side. I planned to leave the city with a full sack, new guns, and bandit status, it was just a matter of finding the right prey. The city chimes rang out midnight, the witching hour, I darted between blocks and buildings, moving from cover to cover all the while intently listening. Gunshots and fast paced footsteps echoed through the city streets, the ambiance of zombie groans drove home the fact that Cherno was not a good place, only those looking to die came here. Footsteps echoed through a nearby house, I took cover, alert ears perked I sat in the dark. A fleeting shadow darted from the cover of the house into a nearby bar. “This is it” I thought, that’s the guy who has to die tonight. I moved up to the bar and entered the front door in a low crouch, revolver raised. As I slowly moved through the bar into the dining area I saw the glint of a gun pointed at me, and instinctively sprinted into the next room. The next minute consisted of frantic yells, and footsteps as my prey and I postured ourselves. Suddenly a voice boomed “FREEZE, IDENTIFY YOURSELF, I HAVE NV AND I CAN SEE YOU CLEARLY.” Clearly my prey was bluffing, where would he have gotten something like that, I moved closer to the covered end of the bar. “DIDN’T YOU HEAR ME?! I’LL WASTE YOU!” I yelled “FRIENDLY,” and accepted that I was boned. My “was-to-be” prey entered the bar again pointing a rifle at me, instructing me to exit the bar calmly and slowly. We stepped out into the streets, shots rang out 50 meters away towards the town hall. “Walk to the statue in the square, don’t turn around” my captor whispered. “I’m going to die, if he doesn’t shoot me surely another bandit will,” I thought. I moved almost robotically toward the statue, waiting for the inevitable burst that would take my life..

“STOP!”

A silhouette of a low lying tent appeared before me.

“Grab what you need from the tent and get the hell out of my city.” I grabbed a winchester, some rounds, food, and a full canteen and darted back to cover. “There’s an ALICE pack and some more gear in the house across the street.” I asked “Why? Why are you helping me?” He responded with a chuckle, “I’m like the Dark Knight.” With those words my captor disappeared into the night. The next hour was spent arduously exiting the city, and upon reaching a rocky outcropping a safe distance away from all the gunshots, lights, and air of the city I stopped. From that moment onward I’d do my best to help other survivors, it was going to be hard, but it was possible.

And that’s how that fateful night went down :P

<3 DayZ

• Like 37

I found Bond running through the woods aimlessly on a random server one night. Poor little fella had no backpack, no rifle, not even a freaking handgun. I gave him an AK I had stashed in my bag and about 4 mags of ammo a map and a compass trying to be friendly and helpful.

About 15 minutes later chat blows up with people complaining because Bond went on a killing spree taking out about 5 people before finally being gunned down himself.

I was an accomplice to murder, and the guilt gnaws at me every night since then.

• Like 26

I found Bond running through the woods aimlessly on a random server one night. Poor little fella had no backpack' date=' no rifle, not even a freaking handgun. I gave him an AK I had stashed in my bag and about 4 mags of ammo a map and a compass trying to be friendly and helpful.

About 15 minutes later chat blows up with people complaining because Bond went on a killing spree taking out about 5 people before finally being gunned down himself.

I was an accomplice to murder, and the guilt gnaws at me every night since then.

[/quote']

LMAO that's great

• Like 3

Jono' pid='2981' dateline='1335537527']

I was in the military base near Balota with a friend. We were scavenging around when we found a bandit in a tent covering one entrance. We came in on the other side. We were behind him and he didn't notice. We have heard word he was extremely hostile and armed with an assault rifle. We did what we had to. I put my revolver to his head and blew his brains out with one bullet. I took his gear and we buried his body. I had no remorse because I knew I finished off someone who murdered many others.

The way this actually went down was "Oh, hey, look at this asshole... All AFK and shit in here." then he said "Watch this!" and shot him in the back of the head.

Shortly after we regrouped with 2 survivors who gained our trust at the airfield and sat around for a minute. Shortly before reaching them, I heard one of them say over direct "I don't trust these guys." well, they shouldn't have. We regrouped and started to head out, me and Jono with AKS-74Us in hand, follows closely behind them. In Teampseak I'm saying, "Okay, 1... 2... 3!" and we just lit them both up at the same time. They had no idea what hit 'em.

• Like 2

-My Ongoing Adventure-

I had already spent countless hours trying to make peace, and link up with others. After thirty six or thirty seven deaths I had enough. The next time I logged in, it would be different.

I awoke in my house just outside Chernogorsk. A small cabin in, what some would call, a very pathetic peninsula. It was still morning, but quite bright. Though the rampant gunfire clued me in to the fact that something wasn't quite right this day. I grabbed a few supplies from my room and head towards town. Surely someone would know what all the fuss was about. As I approached I noticed charred, hollow shells of what used to be not so great automobiles. I saw the grocery store I usually got my baked beans from. Just then a man went sprinting by, without a word. I tried to stop him, but he was too far gone. Quickly I ran into the store to fill up my bag with whatever I could. It had already been ransacked, however I saw my favorite baked beans. Still on the floor like usual. I could hear screams as I zipped up my bag. As I stepped outside I saw another man, though it may have been the same one, running back the other direction. It looked like he was leading a marathon. Seemed like half the town was behind him. It was like when the Beatles came to America and all the teenage girls were after them. Anyway, as he ran past the rest of the sprinters looked my direction and started for me. I darted back inside and noticed the foul, wretched stench and rotten, bloody faces and contorted bodies coming towards me. I hesitantly pulled out my revolver and took aim. As they slowly trickled in I began dropping them one by one until I had made an orderly pile. It would serve as a sign to all who entered S-Mart. Shop smart, then gtfo. Now the only thing to do was to find my friend at his apartment building. As I made my way I noticed a man shooting wildly at others. Dead or not, this guy was on a rampage regardless of circumstance. By the time I got to the apartment building I was already desensitized to the grisly nature of our new lives. My friend was long gone, but I happened to find an akm and a map. Knowing my initial home was in utter chaos I decided it was best to spend as little time there as necessary. I packed up and took off. As I ran north, I heard cracks and whistles whilst the dirt kicked up on either side of me. I was being fired at! I desperately tried to zig zag my way out of there and eventually made it out of range into the trees. I had started a very long and arduous journey that would take me many miles to many places.

Once I felt safe enough to rest, I stopped and had a lukewarm coke. I checked the map and saw a fairly large town called Zelenogorsk. I decided that would be my "homebase" as it were. I followed the roads that would lead me there. I came across a couple towns that were completely devoid of life. Well...living life I guess I should say. After digging around a few of the houses I found a new backpack, and some useful supplies. A tent, a knife, and some matches would be my new prized possessions. Most importantly, I found a pair of binoculars. By the time I got to Zelenogorsk, it was becoming dark. In the distance I noticed a live person with a live gun! Quickly I ducked into some bushes and peeked through my binoculars. I watched carefully as he ran around town. After a few minutes, he had the whole city chasing him. I thought to myself "maybe I should help this guy" but I was hesitant. He ran inside a building and the shambling mass struggled to get to him. Just then I saw someone else run out of a barn nearby the trapped man. I saw his nametag, don't ask me how...I could just see who he was. He ran towards the trapped man and just then the undead horde began dropping to their knees. Some of them turned towards arka. I assumed the worse for the man in the building and watched arka as he ran back to the barn. Slowly he picked off each of the zombie, slobs. I called out to him to see what his response would be. "arka, are you friendly?" I asked as I watched him through my binoculars. He responds with a solid yes. I am still hesitant to approach him. I try to dig a little more info out of him. Eventually we agree to meet. We loaded up on some supplies and he said he wanted to show me something. It's always a little weird when someone you just met says "hey, let me show you something". I was apprehensive initially, but he had to lead the way, so worst case I could shoot him before he swung around. He led me to a tent he had setup. He said anything inside I could take. Naturally I grabbed a compass and an extra box of .45 ammo. He said he'd been camping out here awhile and was trying to help out other survivors that came by. I thought it was a very nice gesture. Also, a very dangerous one. I had learned by this time to be very cautious when dealing with others. Trust was a fading commodity. If there's one thing I learned from horror movies, it's be vague when talking to others. About anything. Trust is earned in this world. The sun was starting to set, and it was getting quite dark by this point. So we shook hands and set about our ways. I ran off into the forest near the big city of Zelenogorsk and setup my camp for the night. I built a fire and cooked some meat I had taken from a cow that...well screw the cow, I was hungry for more than beans. Drank a very warm coke and hit the hay.

This is the end of day one. Well, day zero I suppose. I will add more to this tomorrow. All of this occurred a couple days ago already, so I have a few good parts coming ;).

• Like 7

Always nice to be recognized in a story Goatse, not gonna lie, I fired a shot at you by accident. Never did find out if it hit you or not.

not gonna lie' date=' I fired a shot at you by accident. Never did find out if it hit you or not.

[/quote']

:( It didn't hit me thankfully. You definitely would have killed me but I could understand. Two guys running out of the dark towards you with 20 or so zombies behind them doesn't look good haha

• Like 1

After heading in land and getting killed by zombies multiple times (Dem first hit 5 minute K.O.s)

I managed to make it back to Vysenoye (Or was it Guglovo?) where i last perished and found my body somewhat intact. Someone had taken a few things but left others. It was there that I came across 2 survivors near the Military base located beside the town. I crept close to one of them, Holding the Lee Enfield i had found in a barn a while back, and wondered if they would have some more ammo. This flimsy makarov was just too weak but I'd need some clips for it if i wanted to dispatch more undead without making a racket. Besides, these two had a winchester and an akm and this far in land I was pretty sure it would be shoot on sight.

It was then that the one with black sleeves walked closer to my location. It would only be perhaps 15 more feet before he would be on me and I wasn't sure if I was already spotted. Before it could get worse for me, I fired a round into his skull, taking him out immediately. Already hearing the screams of those damned things, I bolted for the hills and dispatched the small mob I attracted. I was surprised however that the second Survivor hadn't followed me. Venturing back into town I realized he had a mob of his own chasing him down. He had just finished shooting the last one and began bandaging up when I shoot him as well. They both had plenty on them; Ammo, Blood bags , meat and finally a blasted compass. Now i was ready for the next location. After taking what I needed and burying the two, I headed out for the Airfield.

Lot of Zeds here. Plenty of dead survivors as well. The largest Airfield on the map had plenty of goodies. Its here that I ran into another survivor, Samaritan, who I quickly sniped before I could be spotted. Another decent load of supplies on him. Now, with rest needed, I hid in one of the smaller buildings and logged out. Next time, I would get those bloody NVGs.

• Like 1

Time for a story about a lack of morals :angel:

I had run out of food and was stalking several different groups of players from the hills along the southern coastline determining which ones had the best supplies. I noticed a group of 3 running alongside the main road around 600 meters away. It was pitch black and and I knew there was zero chance that they would ever see me in my mountain perch.

As they got to within 500 meters range I began to mirror their movements from the tree line. They decided to cross a shallow point in the water to a flat marshy island so I stopped at a small parting in the trees with good over-watch of their little patch of land.

I watched them for around 10 minutes running around the edge of the island. Eventually they stopped in a clearing and began to discuss their plans in global chat (bad idea). I chuckled to myself as it dawned on them that they had been running around what in fact was an tiny island and not the mainland.

The group made the hunt easier on me by splitting up and getting one of their party eaten by walkers. I watched for 2 or 3 minutes as he was consumed until finally his 2 group mates noticed what was happening. By the time they got to him it was too late and he was dead. One down two to go.

They morbidly gathered their deceased friends supplies and spoke about what to do next. They said they were going to make a swim for it. This wasn't preferable for me as they would lose all their supplies to the ocean currents if they tried to swim away. It was time to strike...

I waited a minute longer until they were facing away from each other. I dialled in my rifle range to 500 meters and pulled the trigger. The shot hit the left most survivor in the lower back. He didn't go down, instead he quickly ran into the reeds where I lost site of him. I saw him typing in global chat again, asking whether his friend had shot him, which made me realise I was so far away they couldn't hear my rifle.

As the second survivor stopped to ponder what was going on I fired upon him. The bullet took a second or two to land. It hit him in the shoulder blade and he fell to the floor immediately, however he wasn't quite dead. I put him out of his misery with a second shot to the chest. Two down one to go.

His friend must have seen the death message and realised he was on his own as I saw him swimming away which annoyingly meant I wouldn't be able to retrieve his items easily.

I set my range to 500 and fired. The shot hit him in the neck and that was that. The group was dead.

I stayed still for a while realising that many other players would no doubt have heard and read the commotion. After a minute or so I ventured down the hill to retrieve what was now mine...

• Like 3