jamieledgeway@hotmail.co.uk

Servers lacking people, where's vanilla?

So I've played Dayz since... well I can't even remember it was that long ago, maybe 200k players or something.

Yes I'm looking forward to standalone like everyone else. Yes I hate Warz.

But basically my gripe at the moment is the fact that I cant find a server that is regularly occupied by more than say, 2 people, or doesn't have half-arsed, amatuerish changes made to it, to make it resemble a Battlefield 3 add on. (6 choppers and 200 vehicles etc).

I'm quite happy with a basic 'vanilla' map, but it appears the more servers there are the less good ones appear.

With the standalone, at least I'll have peace of mind it's how it's supposed to be.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Our server is vanilla and seems to have a few groups of regulars on it, sometimes they take days off... and now because duping is gone not many people have NVs so night time can be quiet... but in general our server always has some people on it and two admins watching it.

We have an advertised TS server also which people are welcome to use (responsibly).

IP: 85.236.100.34:2702

Edited by Loque
  • Like 1

How are you looking? Because either you're not looking in the right place or you're blind or you're just doing it wrong :P

There are plenty of full servers that have loads of people on everyday that dont have "amaturish" changes in it. Get DayZ Commander if you havent already. Filter out unofficial if you must, and sort by players. You'll notice over a number of days that quite a few servers like this have many players on them.

Edited by Rooneye
  • Like 3

Quite certain you're doing it wrong.

There is tons of almost full or completely full servers, DayZ Commander goes a long way at assisting you on this.

• Like 2

Vanilla isn't that great anyways. Too many military weapons and supplies.

Come play on DayZ Redux.

Did they actually fix duping? I haven't tried since update

Anyways, Im always up for Vanilla. Hate modded servers. Problem with populated vanilla servers is that it attracts the script kids

With the standalone, at least I'll have peace of mind it's how it's supposed to be.

I'm all for vanilla as well, but I can see where that gets boring. I frequently take breaks from Day Z (Like now, hence why I'm playing a more active role on the forums) but there are people who change things up and keep playing instead of taking breaks.

I quoted something because I do think you're giving yourself false hope. I don't think the standalone will change much of anything. Initially it might force players to play on the vanilla map, but I still think it'll enable options to be turned off/on so players can play what they want to play. Then at some point I can see them opening the game for players to mod.

There's definately a lot of these 'noob' servers around but there's also the opposite. For example... Our server has removed a lot of weapons from chopper crashes and added less powerful ones. We also removed helicopters because they are far to powerful of a tool

There's definately a lot of these 'noob' servers around but there's also the opposite. For example... Our server has removed a lot of weapons from chopper crashes and added less powerful ones. We also removed helicopters because they are far to powerful of a tool

theyre not a tool fuckface theyre a vehicle

L2play

Edited by Inception.
No personal insults. To think you would have learnt already.

theyre not a tool fuckface theyre a vehicle

L2play

They are a tool, you use it to do stuff. Your computer is a tool, your weapons are tools, you're even a tool...

• Like 3

I use a fine thing called DayZ Commander. I am sure there is a better third-party server list around her somewhere, but this is what I prefer.

In it, a magical called filters allow me to choose what map, server population, and even server settings I wish to have. I also tend to read the names of servers to be sure whether or not it has a sudden influx of vehicles.

Quite a fine invention, it is...

They are a tool, you use it to do stuff. Your computer is a tool, your weapons are tools, you're even a tool...

Awesome. :thumbsup: