Sign in to follow this  
Bonappetit

Every time from the beginning

Hello there, I'm new in this game. First of all this game is great, I love it! There are few things I would like to ask. For example I played yesterday for a few hours. and cleared lots of places, packed myself up with some useful staff and an AK47 I believe, then I logged out. So today I found out that I don't continue from the last time I've played, instead I start from beginning which I didn't like. Does that depends on version/patch or the fact I logged on today on different server? ( I'm using Six Launcher because I play on a nonsteam version since I don't like steam much). Why there is no option to add a server to favourites or atleast show me where I've played last time, or some kind of an option when you hower over the server name it shows if you've been playing on it and for how long.

When you sneak inside some house with zombies in lets say 20m radius, do they notice you closing the doors? does that attract them because I saw they can enter the house, it looks like more of their patroling path then the reason they saw me.

I've noticed that I'm really noisy when I'm crawling on the ground but it doesn't show on the "Ear icon". So am I only noisy formyself and not for others or ?

I also wondered how I can know how much fps I have, do I need fraps for that, just like you need in BF if you wanna know that. Anyway I love the game for now. Wish I have someone to play with, every player I saw for now, even the ones I've helped when they were chased by the zombies, killed me afterwards.

Edited by Miracool

Hello Miracool,

It's entirely possible you either into a Private Hive on either of your sessions. Your character on a Private hive will not carry over to any other servers. If you want to continue with that character, go into the same server. If you play on an official server your items will port over to all other official servers, but not Private Hives.

The Ear icon is how loud you are to the Zombies, not other players.

And I am unaware of any way to monitor your FPS without the use of an external program, I'm afraid.

Edited by Rage VG

Thank you for the reply. You know maybe what's the easiest way to find out on which server I was playing yesterday. As I said I'm using six launcher and I can't seem to find any option with which I could found out which servers I last visited.

Try DayZ commander instead. It has recent servers and favourite servers. You can download it from the DayZ mod website.

Try DayZ commander instead. It has recent servers and favourite servers. You can download it from the DayZ mod website.

This... Makes it a lot easier to keep track of good and bad servers.

Yeah, as they said, definitely switch to DayZCommander. Not only does it have a favorites and History list, but it will update everything for you, very easily.

Big fan of DayZ Commander as well. Not only can you save favorites or tell which servers you played on recently but you can also make notes about servers! I do this all the time to mark terrible servers so I know not to ever go back on them. Also annotate good servers that I may like but not well enough to put on my Favorites. You can also make some notes about what you had on you, where you logged out, location of a tent or vehicle you hid. This has helped a lot bouncing between private hives where everything is totally separate. On one server I may have hid a couple of vehicles and noted where I stashed them. On a different server I logged out in a very bad spot so I made a note to remember "Hey you logged out in the fire house in Cherno, be careful!"

About doors... No, pretty sure they have no response to opening and closing doors. I do it all the time RIGHT by them and they don't care one bit. If one is pursuing you outside and you run in then close the door... don't think that will stop them! They will still come right in =P However they can only walk inside buildings so it will slow them down enough to get a good shot or simply loose them as you run out the back. Also a great way to break Line of Sight on zeds chasing you.

About crawling and noise. Yes you sound noisy but the ear indicator tells you that you're being quiet. So zombies really do have a very hard time hearing you while crawling even though you sound loud over your speakers. Crawling is a great way to get across streets where you'd be very visible and loud while crouching. I don't crawl around much as it's so slow and hard to react quickly but it's nice to use in some cases. Usually just walk around crouched and stay close to buildings, walls, and other large things that block line of sight. You'll notice as you walk along a lot of buildings and walls your visibility and noise levels are MUCH lower than if you were out in the open or even a couple meters away from a building / wall. This is VERY useful in dense urban areas with lots of zeds. They can be just a few meters away and totally unaware of you because they don't have LoS and can't hear you. You can even follow rather close to a zed if you stay behind him and walk along that building / wall!

Don't feel too bad about starting over... it's going to happen... a lot. I know it sucks when you loose some nice gear but just take a deep breath, get over it, and start your new adventure. Sometimes it's almost relieving to start over as there's no pressure to not loose your gear. You can now just sprint into town and grab some stuff because you got nothing to loose!