Sign in to follow this  
zippo124

DayZ Standalone Information Video

Just A Video I whipped up Ranting about all the Info I know about the DayZ Standalone, I research for awhile and decided to just make a video...I dont know if everyone already knows everything i say about the Standalone but...hey...It should help some people...

Now the Title says Release Time not Date...which is the end of this year.

• Like 1

hello there

I've not really peeked at any SA pics. One thing I have noticed in your vid is the doors are a little wide. I do hope that's not to counter collision issues. STMovement mod does that far better and that in turn keeps the widths realistic.

rgds

LoK

PS a few innacuracies in your voice over btw :)

Edited by orlok

Thanks for showing some additional photos I haven't seen. Why do you pronounce it "Daisy" Kinda silly.

It is not silly - he is speaking American English. There you pronounce the letter Z like "zee" it is deriving from a late 17th century English dialectal form.

If you speak British English you would pronounce the letter Z like "zed". So either DayZee as well as DayZed is correct.

i say day zee as well, but i call the zeds..zeds, in fact i have not heard anyone call it day zed, no that there is anything wrong with that. (sorry for derail)

hello there

I've not really peeked at any SA pics. One thing I have noticed in your vid is the doors are a little wide. I do hope that's not to counter collision issues. STMovement mod does that far better and that in turn keeps the widths realistic.

rgds

LoK

PS a few innacuracies in your voice over btw :)

STMovement mod will work for players but not for the zeds, I hope the doors are wider, this will resolve the issue of Zeds having trouble entering buildings and rooms

No more running headlong into a house knowing you will survive as the Zeds will get slowed down by the doors and will be easy to take out.

Thanks for showing some additional photos I haven't seen. Why do you pronounce it "Daisy" Kinda silly.

No you are silly. Dean Hall himself pronounces it DayZee because it's aimed at the American way of pronouncing it like in pretty much most zombie movies....But the guy in the video is weird he pronounces the game DayZee, DayZed and Days he can't make up his mind which way he wants to pronunce it.... watch the first few minutes. Most people pronounce the game DayZee because it's how it is supposed to be pronounced.

It is not silly - he is speaking American English. There you pronounce the letter Z like "zee" it is deriving from a late 17th century English dialectal form.

If you speak British English you would pronounce the letter Z like "zed". So either DayZee as well as DayZed is correct.

Actually I'm British and pronounce it 'Day-Zee'. The pronunciation in the video is neither 'Zed' or 'Zee'; he said 'Daze a few times', which is wrong. No biggie though.

Peace

Edited by Thundersmurf

I pronounce it like "Day-Zee". Just plain "Days" sounds stupid if you ask me.

Thanks for the Feedback...I Really Hope I Helped some People out with this information, Lots of it is from Dean Hall Talking at an Expo - Actual Video Here

Should be a bit better than mine...lol.

And Some people are wondering why Im talking like that, Im trying to put a bit of character in my voice so I don't sound so dull..but if its too annoying I Can stop.

And Im from Canada, Should be calling it DayZed, but i Usually call it DayZ or DayZee, I was Just trying to show that many people call it what they want I guess...Just conforming to Everyone...

Edited by Zippo124

You say potato, I say po-twat-o, who cares how it's pronounced as long as I isn't mistaken for faj.

But on this particular case everyone calls DayZ "Day-Zee", so if someone pronounces it like day in plural (Days), people will get confused.

Day Zee (daisy) or Day Zed are fine. but not daze/days :ph34r:

edit: good video btw

Edited by daze23

Although the video was informative...u should consider how u talk in the vid...sometimes u make up imaginary conversations to illustrate points and it sounds really childish, the tone and way u talk sounds like they way children talk when they boast about something. Really weird to listen to when it sounds like ur older.

Edited by svisketyggeren

Although the video was informative...u should consider how u talk in the vid...sometimes u make up imaginary conversations to illustrate points and it sounds really childish, the tone and way u talk sounds like they way children talk when they boast about something. Really weird to listen to when it sounds like ur older.

As i said, just wanted to put a bit of character in my voice to not sound dull, but thank you for the feedback, all is helpful for improvement, and im glad you found it informative.

• Like 2

Thats how i pronounce it? and all my friends o.O maybe cause im english lol

History pwned...