dmagnusv@yahoo.ca

I took a random shot at a helicopter with my Lee Enfield and you won't believe what happens.

I took a random shot at a helicopter with my Lee Enfield and you won't believe what happens. I had a good laugh.

Edited by DMagnusV
  • Like 11

"You won't believe what happens"

Challenge accepted! Before I watch the video, I guess you take out the driver.

EDIT : Well, you took out the engine. Touchè.

Edited by Rage VG
  • Like 1

That doesn't mean anything. Maybe the pilot panicked, maybe he sucks. Right before you shot him, he started to stop. And in an attempt to land, he failed. That seems more plausible. Saw that happen many times.

That doesn't mean anything. Maybe the pilot panicked, maybe he sucks. Right before you shot him, he started to stop. And in an attempt to land, he failed. That seems more plausible. Saw that happen many times.

I declare that you are a party pooper.

• Like 4

I agree.

• Like 1

He didn't even line up the sight at the chopper, he missed. And he didn't look to see what happened after the shot.

Just being real since it would be pretty damn fucking impressive if he actually disabled it's engine. But it's higher chance he didn't.

Your party is pooped now!

He didn't even line up the sight at the chopper, he missed. And he didn't look to see what happened after the shot.

Just being real since it would be pretty damn fucking impressive if he actually disabled it's engine. But it's higher chance he didn't.

lol!!!!!!!!! party pooper

• Like 1

I can DREAM, DAMNIT! DREAMS DON'T NEED STATISTICS!

• Like 1

Very nice! I took a pop shot the other day at some fucking sniper in cherno from outside it... randomness smacked him right in the face and i got a bandit skin 0.o I should start recording and collect beans! NOM NOM NOM =D

• Like 1

I take it you're a call of duty player where bullets go exactly where the centre of your screen is when you fire and there is no bullet travel time etc.? To hit a moving target at distance on this game (or IRL) you aim ahead. Pretty standard physics.

Would be awesome if the pilot came here :D Then the party poopers would have no excuse! He hit it! Im always right so I should know!

But that brings me to a more serious point. Vehicle damage in this game. Any military chopper pilots out there? Is this a realistic thing? Could one bullet like that take out an engine so easily? (If thats what happened, and it did, see above :P). For example the way cars blow up in this game if you shoot them enough times with a fucking 9mm is stupid. They dont do that IRL, I should know, I dont own a car or a gun! I thought ArmA was more of a Military sim than GTA 4? I hope the vehicle damage is more realistic in SA and even Arma 3.

Edited by Rooneye
  • Like 1

I take it you're a call of duty player where bullets go exactly where the centre of your screen is when you fire and there is no bullet travel time etc.? To hit a moving target at distance on this game (or IRL) you aim ahead. Pretty standard physics.

Are you freaking kidding me? I've never touched that shit in my life.

I know all about ballistics. And Arma 2 also has bullet drop on every single weapon. He missed, 1. And 2, he shot a little below it/or barely in-line toward it from a decent range, he didn't compensate. So he missed fo sho. You just proved me right.....

Edited by infi

Would be awesome if the pilot came here :D Then the party poopers would have no excuse! He hit it! Im always right so I should know!

But that brings me to a more serious point. Vehicle damage in this game. Any military chopper pilots out there? Is this a realistic thing? Could one bullet like that take out an engine so easily? (If thats what happened, and it did, see above :P). For example the way cars blow up in this game if you shoot them enough times with a fucking 9mm is stupid. They dont do that IRL, I should know, I dont own a car or a gun! I thought ArmA was more of a Military sim than GTA 4? I hope the vehicle damage is more realistic in SA and even Arma 3.

It is posible to for a single loose bolt to screw up a helicopter or even a plane. That is why they spend so much time maintaining any aircraft. They check and recheck every nut and bolt and screws. The bullet would have to hit it just right in an area where the hydraulics are or in a vulnerable area. Because of the weight issues for any aircraft they are not able to apply copious amounts of armour. So it is plausible.

Whether he hit it or not, it's still pretty damn funny. That pilot biffed it, hard!

Exactly.

If it was real or not, you have my Beans OP! That was just too funny. I want to believe that it was your shot that took the chopper down.

• Like 1

in my world you headshotted the pilot

I like your world. :D

If it was real or not, you have my Beans OP! That was just too funny. I want to believe that it was your shot that took the chopper down.

I am with your my friend. Edited by DMagnusV
  • Like 1

i thought i shot down a chopper with an M4 , but the invisible hacker inside had other plans for me.

Haha the whole event is hilarious alright. would be something if that shot was the cause.

But next to that. I thought the Huey helicopters were made to last? believe I followed some documentairies where they tell something about them being able to withstand allot of bullets as they were made to transport infantry and wounded in and out of hostile territory while being at high risk of getting shot at with automatic weapons and all that.

Haha the whole event is hilarious alright. would be something if that shot was the cause.

But next to that. I thought the Huey helicopters were made to last? believe I followed some documentairies where they tell something about them being able to withstand allot of bullets as they were made to transport infantry and wounded in and out of hostile territory while being at high risk of getting shot at with automatic weapons and all that.

Hueys are tough but a lucky shot can do some damage. The one in the video was a smaller type of helicopter. The type of helicopter escapes me at the moment.

i thought i shot down a chopper with an M4 , but the invisible hacker inside had other plans for me.

I hate it when script kiddies ruin a game.