GlobalRiot

Choose Spawn/Respawn location

Not an exact position by any means, but 2 fresh spawns could literally be 45+ minutes away and that's if you know the map well. I think the spawns points should be random, BUT within specified parameters. Perhaps divide the map in to 4 or 9 sections, and you can choose the ZONE you would like to spawn in. If it must be on the coast, then don't make the whole map available as a "zone."

Each character could possibly even choose his "home" position so that any time you die, you would always spawn somewhere in that zone. If the zombie apocalypse happened, i would likely be within so many miles between home, work, and/or school.

I say this because it is much more enticing to play the game with friends. And, especially if they are new to the game, can be a bit much to reach them in a relative amount of time. Besides, if a zombie apocalypse occurred, i would likely be near some friends and/or people i could trust. I understand that this could give some people an unfair advantage. But, i think it would make it more fun AND more realistic.

I think I've found a way to keep everybody happy.

You can spawn wherever you like, but you spawn bleeding, with a broken leg, and no gear. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Sorry, I meant NO.

Edited by Chabowski

I think I've found a way to keep everybody happy.

You can spawn wherever you like, but you spawn bleeding, with a broken leg, and no gear. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Sorry, I meant NO.

You should be able to chose your spawn location but it would spawn you elsewhere just to make you angry...that sounds better.

Wow. Didn't expect my post to lure nothing but trolls. And, i used the search feature. couldn't find a single related thread.

They aren't trolling mate, this has been discussed many times at length and was met with a resounding 'no' each time. Choosing spawn points just isn't what DayZ is about, it's designed to be harsh.

• Like 1

as stated, removing the random spawn is a huge and drastic change to how DayZ would play out..

its not supposed to be easy for new players/spawns to join others or get back to were they previously died..

maps are small enuf already that no matter were you spawn u can reclaim ur gear or join up with others in no time really..

While its a pain at times to respawn away from friends... I'd be satisfied with them at least fixing the supposedly RANDOM spawns. EVERY time I die I spawn in the SAME place. West of Kamenka. Every time. lol... whats up with that?

All good points. And, I'm sure there are many others. I certainly agree that you should not be able to make it back to your body. I think that would be cheating. And, i think the main demographic are people that have enough experience with computers/games to use a map and find their friends again. Just takes a while. And, i also agree it would change the dynamic of the game to some degree. But, i had the understanding that there would be some significant changes as they were just temporary and limited to what the arma2 engine would allow for. And, i have no idea which is which.

I play with my niece/nephew (10 and 12) and i also play with my mother-in-law (55). All of which are just occasional/social players and it can just be a bit much to find them sometimes. Because they don't have the ability to read/use maps and/or figure their positions and figure out which direction they are or need to go. That sort of thing. And, then after you do meet up, some one just gets killed by a bandit while you loot a deer stand or something menial. Obviously, they get "better." But they will never be the best of players and they don't get to enjoy the game as much because of that. Granted, this isn't pong and requires some thinking. But, i didn't feel like being able to make it somewhere in under 30 minutes would be so harshly criticized. I'd love it if the map were even bigger. Hell 10 times the size. But, if something like this weren't done, it would be near impossible to meet up with friends and make team play near impossible.

But, this obviously has come up already and was shot down. So, it's a closed matter. I'd like to find those threads, though. And, i apologize for posting something that has already come up. I really couldn't find anything. Which i thought was weird.

I thought it was an OK idea to an extent. But as it has been said the game is meant to piss you off when you die and it's meant to be hard to find each other. I know what you mean though, when I try to play with friends theres always a 40 min operation to find each other and then usually we get raped by hackers (TP bullcrap usually or random explosion). Also you might choose a certain place to spawn all the time since its near your tents etc. Then again I usually spawn in 1 of 2 places either around elektro or near kamenka.