Sign in to follow this  
DayZoey

Suggestions for Authenticity to DayZ

Sadly regarding the poo...this gross mechanic might be added in considering the new sickness types you will be able to catch in the standalone.

Yeah requesting that poop not be added is an uphill battle, all we can hope is that Rocket and the devs realize that not everybody wants to play with shit in game and allow the server mods to pick whether or not dropping a deuce is part of your basic needs/abilities.

would be kinda funny for some people but still gross...lets say if the devs put it in which is unlikley hopefully they will blurr it out like on that Sims game so we dnt have to see the process.

It always makes me chuckle how people will happily hack away at each other with axes, shoot each other in the legs for that satisfactory "leg break" noise, run people over and then reverse whilst ignoring the screaming over direct chat but then cringe or be disgusted at the thought of having a poo.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

It's not really disgusting as it is just... juvenile and really redundant.

I have no illusions that women release pretty butterflies and happy unicorns when they go to the bathroom. When I go to take a crap, it's disgusting and smelly and I flush it as fast as I can and there's really nothing funny or entertaining about it. It's also time of my life that I'll never get back because the human body is so wasteful. Not to mention if I took a crap in the sink instead of the toilet, it would contaminate the sink and probably the entire counter with a plethora of diseases.

Given all these unpleasant factors, why on earth would anyone want this in a video game?

The part when you said victem of a sniper from unrealistic distances made me groan? Unless you were in the military you dont know sh*t about sniping. Wind dosen't effect much at all unless i is a very long range shot. *a mile atleast*

Because its funny?

Toilet humor at it's best. *eyeroll and sigh*

The part when you said victem of a sniper from unrealistic distances made me groan?

Wait... so are you sure that you're groaning? Because that sounded like a question to me, not a statement. That's what the "?" is for, to make a question.

Secondly, sniper rifles are designed to be shot at targets miles and miles away so yes I'm fully aware of the fact that they projectile is capable of ignoring wind velocity up to a certain distance simply due to its own momentum.

Thirdly, I also said that I survived being shot at (the person shooting couldn't aim worth dick) but it did bring to mind the fact that wherever he was, he was shooting from more than what I would consider under the "wind free zone" of the projectiles he was firing at me. I never said that there was anything wrong with shooting straight under a certain amount of distance, I said that more factors should be taken in to account.

Lastly, if you're not going to add anything constructive or really... intelligent to the discussion, please don't post here again. This is a thread in the suggestion forums and is to be made in to discussion, not a flame war. I also would ask you if you were in the military but seeing as this is the internet I'd have really no way to tell if you were full of dookey or not. So I won't waste anyone's time, have a nice day, please come back when you're ready to discuss ideas, not troll/bait/flame the thread. Any continued posts that aren't helpful or on topic will be seen as flaming/derailing and will be ignored and reported accordingly. Bye bye :)

It's not really disgusting as it is just... juvenile and really redundant.

I have no illusions that women release pretty butterflies and happy unicorns when they go to the bathroom. When I go to take a crap, it's disgusting and smelly and I flush it as fast as I can and there's really nothing funny or entertaining about it. It's also time of my life that I'll never get back because the human body is so wasteful. Not to mention if I took a crap in the sink instead of the toilet, it would contaminate the sink and probably the entire counter with a plethora of diseases.

Given all these unpleasant factors, why on earth would anyone want this in a video game?

Because it's a survival anti-game. I fail to see how it's juvenile. I just had a poo and I'm 35 years old, nothing childish about it.

After disasters anywhere in the world human waste quickly becomes one of the major factors to take into account when it comes to the spreading of disease, which makes it far from a redundant issue when it comes to DayZ. Being prudish doesn't change this. I'm pretty sure IRL I'd find shooting people in the face disgusting but for the purpose of the situation created by DayZ it becomes necessary. Rocket always knew this would be a controversial topic and we've yet to know how it will be introduced.

The important part of the mechanic won't be how this is visualised or interpreted, it'll be seeing how highly populated areas become more dangerous due to the risk of disease/infection. One thing I know for sure is that nothing will be introduced to the game to be "gimicky" or "juvenile". The human waste element will be part of the overall new disease/infection mechanic that is being worked on and could take this genre to the next level if done correctly.

Edited by Fraggle

The addition of feces in itself isn't juvenile but the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I won't argue that in any large disaster fecal matter does become a huge problem for spreading of disease (it's why we started burying/flushing/whatevering it to begin with) and than in itself adds to the reality that this is a huge disaster that is sweeping the world and without plumbing becoming readily available it would be a pretty large issue.

The problem I have with the addition of passing stool is that like communism, what was once a great idea becomes stupid and non-viable as soon as you introduce people. People on the internet function on average at the emotional level of a 12 year old (barring groups of people of course) and honestly I don't think dropping a deuce would really add anything to the game but another way for griefers and trolls to basically just be dickheads as they are wont to do in a game simply because they get their jollies off on other peoples' frustration. Were it not for the fact that passing of excrement would be used as basically the next generation of "tea bagging" and griefing, I wouldn't have an issue with it personally. If people were capable of being... well... bloody mature about something as basic as the need to remove waste from our bodies, it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

As it stands now, it'll certainly take the genre to the next level no matter what. Whether that level is for the better survival experience or the worse shitting on corpses/water supplies just for spite/giggles, remains to be seen.

Strong chance I've missed something vital here, but has it actually been stated that there will be an animation for answering nature's call? I was under the impression that it was the effects (ie: an increased chance of getting sick) on high populated areas which were being considered, not the action itself.

The part when you said victem of a sniper from unrealistic distances made me groan? Unless you were in the military you dont know sh*t about sniping. Wind dosen't effect much at all unless i is a very long range shot. *a mile atleast*

Failed. And badly.

Derpy: Unless they include an animation with you trying to run with your pants around your ankles, man/womanhood flapping/glistening in the breeze respectively. Then it'd become hilarious. Though that's bordering gimicky and silly and from what I read, Dean Hall has no intention of putting anything of the like in the game.

Cobb: Unless you fancy the idea of just going in your trousers and letting it run down your leg and down the side of your shoe, yeah I imagine there'll be a squatting down and pinching a loaf animation. Bonus points if they include bare bums.

And I know, right? xD

I have to disagree with you, I've had a DMR and a Lee Enfield, both firing and been fired at with them. They sound almost exactly the same to me and I'm pretty good at picking out variations in pitch and volume with guns, it's really the only way you can tell what is being shot at you.

You likely have hearing problems. The DMR and Enfield sound VERY different when compared.