filas02

How are we being rewarded for surviving?

So, after getting every single item in the game. I decided to try the survival that dayZ has to offer, instead of going to the barracks I went north.

Only looking for crashed helis to get some gear to trade with here on the forum.

After 8 days of being careful IT happened.

I felt as if I started loosing hope in this amazing mod.

I was northeast of Stary Sobor, killed the zombies at a chopper crash site. Went in to look for loot, found DMR, camo clothing and a pair of NVG's. A good find.

After checking all the spawns around the chopper I went inside to look underneath it. I crawled, went into first person and started poking my head into the chopper.

I accidentally pressed x (crouch), I got instantly broken legs and went unconscious. I thought "Damn, now I have to eat the rest of my cooked meat"

However, getting out of unconscious makes one move violently without being able to stop it.

When I woke up I got insta-killed.

10 good days under my belt and every item in the game, how much more can one take before one says "Enough!"

I'm not bitching, I've been playing the game for too long perhaps. I cannot wait for the standalone.

:)

• Like 1

We are given an experience that no other game/mod can deliver.

I think we should all be beyond grateful for such a thing, regardless of the negatives on the way.

After all, the positives dominate the negatives.

• Like 4

Personal satisfaction. I don't need my games to pat me on the back for achieving something.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

I should add I'm more mad that I died than loosing my gear.

Edited by filas02

Man, Dayz is like crack. I leave it for a while but i get an ache i hate every other game i play they're not.. hardcore enough.

I just have to get back to the pipe and get one good hit.

I should add I'm more mad that I died than loosing my gear.

I understand and know what you experienced. It wasn't a very good feeling.

But in the end, death is inevitable. All we need do is accept and embrace, and ultimately move along.

• Like 1

Personal satisfaction. I don't need my games to pat me on the back for achieving something.

Precisely.

I understand and know what you experienced. It wasn't a very good feeling.

But in the end, death is inevitable. All we need do is accept and embrace, and ultimately move along.

Who are you? A Philosophical DayZ player, I like it!

Edited by filas02

Who are you? A Philosophical DayZ player, I like it!

I honestly do not know.

The real question is, who do you think I am?

• Like 1

I think you are a guardian of what is DayZ, you swore an oath to it. You protect it with your words of virtue, you will not fall until you have else to protect.

You are a guardian of the wasteland.

• Like 2

I think you are a guardian of what is DayZ, you swore an oath to it. You protect it with your words of virtue, you will not fall until you have else to protect.

You are a guardian of the wasteland.

Hmm. I suppose. I do fancy the label of Guardian.

Edited by Inception.

The pain of losing an old character is numbed slightly if you enjoy the beginning of the game. I love running through Cherno and gearing up, so it doesn't feel like a big deal to die and lose it all.

I think a fresh spawn and running for cover keeps me going. Don't get me wrong, it sucks loosing an awesome load out. Its the thrill of the hunt, looting and killing!

I can't come to a decision, whether it's broken or just perfect. I thought about a stamina bonuses for surviving, carrying your gear for weeks and blisters for new survivors, but I don't really like the idea of turning DayZ into a RPG with skill points and class bonuses.

I guess you just gotta carry on and on and on, you either carry the light or you don't.

I don't need any rewards or trivial things to keep me going.

That's what I hate about most games, they are so casual (no offence), I hate feeling like I ''have'' to do something, like get achievements, to enjoy more.

I like to just do what I want, and survive out in DayZ and that's the enjoyment I get, there is no real goal, that I complete and then insta-bored.

I like creating fun situations and experiences with human nature of other players.

It's a rediculously unique experience compared to any other game.

• Like 1

Create a giant town with heaps of people and keep yourself busy protecting it.. make it somewhere obvious so there is always action. that would be awesome.

How are we being rewarded? We're not. Nor should we be. And the SA isnt going to be THAT much different core gameplay wise, so if you're bored with this I dont think the experience is going to change too much come the SA, its still the same core game.

Edited by Rooneye