Sign in to follow this  
renegade9x

Hunting Game for food is too easy

Rocket, whilst you are in the mix putting together your game for release, you should consider adding a Deer Hunting simulator as well. I can just hang in the forest and live for weeks at time. please fix it.

also, give us fishing in a sim environment as well.

I have many more great ideas in this head of mine.

Peace out!

We are getting dogs we can train to hunt, so im guessing hunting will be harder.

Then i can go hunting at night ftw :)

Edited by jaytmuk

Try telling that to those who needed a steak but couldn't find a furry provider.

They are teasing everyone by making you believe they are all over the place, then when u need one, gone, faster than a law suit against John travolta.

• Like 2

I can just hang in the forest and live for weeks at time. please fix it.

That sentence made me chuckle

If you enjoy sitting in a forest all day living from animals and water ponds, go ahead

It's not broken just because you can have a character with 300 days alive who spent 99,99% of his time in a forest

• Like 1

I just spent an hour hunting with M4A3 CCO flashlight on a very dark server, was pretty hard but i got a pig in the end. I got to thinking whether it'd be possible to give the critters eyes a reflective quality. I used to go lamping as a kid and when we swept the treeline with a flashlight all you could see were little eyes glowing in the dark, that would make night hunting more realistic.

We have already got Rabits now thats hunting when you are about to pass out blurry vision two full clips later ahh a steak now wheres my matches damn :lol:

I just spent an hour hunting with M4A3 CCO flashlight on a very dark server, was pretty hard but i got a pig in the end. I got to thinking whether it'd be possible to give the critters eyes a reflective quality. I used to go lamping as a kid and when we swept the treeline with a flashlight all you could see were little eyes glowing in the dark

Wait a minute, you went lamping for pigs?

• Like 1

Hunting on a namalsk server is kinda challenging, especially if you have around 1500 blood. Kinda hard to spot them boars in black and white

Wait a minute, you went lamping for pigs?

lol, last night I was blinking red on the hunger meter, i was hunting for anything that moved. As a kid we'd go lamping for rabbits, deer and foxes, unfortunately never lamped a pig =(

I would like to add that I am the survivor type in game and hunting is easy. I ran up on a, goat? I couldn’t tell what it was; it looked like a goat and stopped right at it. I leveled my pistol and fired. I either missed or hit it in a very soft spot because it didn’t drop. I shot it another time and it did eventually drop.

Several things here, I was able to get very close without any stealth. Also the first shot should have made it bolt and run but it didn’t. I have only killed a few things so far but most of the animals have behaved similar to this.

Realistically you should have to stealth up to an animal to kill them. if a shot doesn’t drop the animal in the first shot then it should bolt and run. Either you have to track the blood or go after it until it stops. Even if it is wounded most animals can get a ways away before they drop or tire.

Z.

Edited by Zeymere
  • Like 2

I would like to add that I am the survivor type in game and hunting is easy. I ran up on a, goat? I couldn’t tell what it was; it looked like a goat and stopped right at it. I leveled my pistol and fired. I either missed or hit it in a very soft spot because it didn’t drop. I shot it another time and it did eventually drop.

Several things here, I was able to get very close without any stealth. Also the first shot should have made it bolt and run but it didn’t. I have only killed a few things so far but most of the animals have behaved similar to this.

Realistically you should have to stealth up to an animal to kill them. if a shot doesn’t drop the animal in the first shot you it should bolt and run. Either you have to track the blood or go after it until it stops. Even if it is wounded most animals can get a ways away before they drop or tire.

Z.

animal AI may require attention, critters be smart in real life, they soon learn to avoid men firing guns

I wouldn't call walking up to a domesticated farm animal and double-tapping it in the head with a silenced M9 "hunting".

• Like 1

I wouldn't call walking up to a domesticated farm animal and double-tapping it in the head with a silenced M9 "hunting".

Yea I know, but it is all I had at the moment, the ak74 didn't have bullets. But I have been around some goats and some are not so domesticated. Even if I shot one with a B.B. gun/Pellet gun, ahem not saying I have, well maybe, it would still take off running like a bat out of hell ;)

*edit

Goat out of hell?!?

Edited by Zeymere