mitor

Do you feel bad when you kill someone?

If they were shooting and/or a bandit or caused a threat, then no, I have no guilt at all.

If they were just a bambi who's friends shot at me and he got caught up in it and died, then yes, I feel quite guilty.

I feel guilty killing anyone who is friendly, but I never kill them intentionally, sometimes its just a spur of the moment survival thing.

I like FrankieonPCin1080P's approach, I never reveal myself until I can get a player to drop his weapons and back away. Then I'll come out and be friendly. If they don't I take it as a potential threat and after multiple warnings if they don't do it, I kill them. I feel bad, but it's not worth the risk.

I killed a bandit yesterday. We where picking off zombies in Chernogorsk from the hillside when someone killed one of my mates. It is night, but I am told the gunfire came from left flank. Checking, I see a figure and open up with my Kobra in bursts. While I reload, he breaks and runs, obviously hoping to loose us in the darkness, but I chase and find him in cover behind a tree, where another long burst brings him down.

It was the most exciting experience I have had in a videogame. Due to the slow regearing process, you play for a lot higher stakes than in any shooter, and I had the feeling that a lucky shot from the bandit would have ended the night. I felt vengeful, because he shot a friend who had done him no wrong. I felt triumphant when I realised that he was down, even more when we took his NVG, DMR, rangefinder and FAL.

I killed a bandit yesterday. We where picking off zombies in Chernogorsk from the hillside when someone killed one of my mates. It is night, but I am told the gunfire came from left flank. Checking, I see a figure and open up with my Kobra in bursts. While I reload, he breaks and runs, obviously hoping to loose us in the darkness, but I chase and find him in cover behind a tree, where another long burst brings him down.

It was the most exciting experience I have had in a videogame. Due to the slow regearing process, you play for a lot higher stakes than in any shooter, and I had the feeling that a lucky shot from the bandit would have ended the night. I felt vengeful, because he shot a friend who had done him no wrong. I felt triumphant when I realised that he was down, even more when we took his NVG, DMR, rangefinder and FAL.

You realize that a single bullet to the head nearly always does the trick, long bursts to finish people off are a waste unless they pose a serious threat, even when downed.

Edited by Mazon

A tranquilizer gun would be awesome!

I even suggested it:

http://dayzmod.com/f...d-stuning-hits/

I consider it extremely important

I only kill people if i feel threatened or they feel suspicious. I cant trust anyone except people with hero skins on.

Could you explain that? I´m a hero myself and, I even open this topic.

Edited by Mitor

No, because if I kill someone, its pretty much always 'revenge' and its always sweet.

BUT, I have killed people purely as a twitch reaction when i see them 'point' their gun at me (its so hard to tell if they're aiming or just looking) who were probably harmless, I kinda feel bad I guess, and if I just knock them out, I will try and help them. Unless they say something like 'noob' or something else like that right before they die.

It really all depends on the situation at hand but I have felt guilt before. Ill second guess my kill saying 'well maybe he wasnt going to be bad'. Its just another reason to love this game. When you become emotionally invested to the point where you actually feel a sense of guilt over a game is what makes it great.

One time I felt so guilty for killing a guy I actually left him my pick up truck with weapons/food/drink. My friends did not share the same sympathies as me and as a result shot me dead. Cant say I didnt deserve it.

• Like 1

I feel a little bad when i kill someone for a totally random reason like their voice is annoying me or something... but killing in self defense or in a completely unavoidable position then no i feel no guilt or pitty... it's dog eat dog, me v them.. and i hate losing.

If I'm killing an innocent player for just sheer laughs with my mates I might feel bad for a short moment, but then I realize how fun it actually was.

That doesn't happen often, though, my kills are mostly justified and I'm only looking after myself and my community members.

You try to take what's rightfully ours? Bandit or not prepare to die.

• Like 2

Well, I do feel bad when I kill people, even if they are bandits. I would prefer to have an option to knock them down.

DMR maybe...?

Accidents happen, but if it wasn't an accident I don't feel bad.

In my first day in DayZ I met a player driving a bus and he gave me a lift. I had a shotgun and he was unarmed. He tried to convince me that since I was new to the game and I had never fired a gun before it would be wiser to hand him the gun. At first I refused, but when I saw that he was a bandit (I had just read about them) then I said: "ok... you can have my gun." We got out of the bus and I shot him in the head. That was the exact moment I was hooked. I just know it would have been me in stead of him if I had given him my gun. Yeah I could have walked away, but this was very exciting, desciding wether to kill him or not. Asking myself if he would suspect something? What if I missed? The best part was that after I shot him he didn't have the option to start whining about it. Thats one of the things that really annoys the hell out of me in other games like call of duty. I just knew he was freaking out behind his pc because his elaborate plan to kill me had just backfired and it had cost him his life, and his bus :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty nice guy (hero) in game, but when it comes to bandits I shoot on sight. And I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

Edited by Quazoosl

Ever since I got my first kill, I would get nightmares everynight. I would just suddenly wake up in the middle of the night and have horrible hallucinations of that incident..