Sign in to follow this  
hpmon

I can't zoom out 3rd person and toggle it with my snipers?

Just a short post. When I am in 3rd person with my sniper and 1st person for a matter of fact, I can't zoom out with my sniper and have it stay there? with my side arm and other AR's its fine just as soon as I get my sniper out it wont stay toggled out?

I would also like to say that I have tried using - on my key pad and + on the key pad and it has not worked.

I need help as its starting to annoy me

I had trouble with double-tapping to toggle zoom, this sorted it. I re-mapped "zoom out toggle" to spacebar. It's really bloody handy, and works well.

I don't know about using it with snipers, (since I like to Benelli M4 peoples legs) but It's handy anyway for switching on-the-fly.

This is because the gun your using is either very powerful or very large. In which case the gun is meant to be very intrusive on your screen, thus you cannot double tap - to get a better field of view or to make the gun smaller. This happens with guns like: l85 AWS, AS50, DMR, etc. Hope this helped.

• Like 2

^^Yea it feels like a gameplay decision, I've only experienced this with sniper rifles.

This is because the gun your using is either very powerful or very large. In which case the gun is meant to be very intrusive on your screen, thus you cannot double tap - to get a better field of view or to make the gun smaller. This happens with guns like: l85 AWS, AS50, DMR, etc. Hope this helped.

thanks mate :)

You'll have to change your FoV manually via your config file if you want it higher while using heavy weapons.

• Like 1

You'll have to change your FoV manually via your config file if you want it higher while using heavy weapons.

thanks buddy :)

No problem. There's a really good thread on here somewhere about FoV in ArmA if you have a look around with the search bar. It uses vertical FoV, not horizontal like most games, and radians on top of that so it's a nightmare if you don't know what you're doing, lol.

Edit: Found it...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31609-ultimate-fov-field-of-view-guide-for-arma-2-and-dayz-from-dayzpvpcom/

Edited by mZLY

I noticed this just yesterday, it really annoyed me and made no sense at all, so I ditched the M24 for my M249 :lol: