freejulian

Farming.

Farming  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be able to make a farm of animals?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe?

So you know how there are tons of unused barns? Why not be able to find animals and lead them back to your barn making a farm? You could cut grass and store it in the smaller barn next door to the long white barn. You keep hold animals in the stalls and guard your farm from zombies. Then you could use the cut grass/ wheat to feed the animals and keep them healthy. They could have babies and you could get a good source of food. But the more animals you have the more zombies will come because they can smell the meat. So, you aren't safe but you have a good source of food for a while.

This has been suggested many times and may be added in standalone (not to sure though) I don't mean to bring it up but I believe WarZ is added it in.

This has been suggested many times and may be added in standalone (not to sure though) I don't mean to bring it up but I believe WarZ is added it in.

Oh really? Oops. I didn't know this has been posted. Sorry?

They'll just be cut down by random travelers, it'd be really difficult.

I understand that. It gives another aspect of theft to the game. You get people to help guard it with you and in return you give them a supply of food. You make and area that is guarded. Guard the long barn. And have overwatch, plus scout teams nearby. Lol it would be a big operation, but still really cool

I understand that. It gives another aspect of theft to the game. You get people to help guard it with you and in return you give them a supply of food. You make and area that is guarded. Guard the long barn. And have overwatch, plus scout teams nearby. Lol it would be a big operation, but still really cool

It'd be much more fun if Chernarus were larger, but unfortunately it's not.

Also, the thirst and food meter would have to be adjusted to make the game harsher, because running over a cow and gutting it isn't hard nowadays.

• Like 1

I like the idea. If you put ideas like this in the game, I think people would love them. To go with having bases and making structures it just lets you immerse yourself and busy yourself with something other than travelling 5km to go loot some place, and then shoot someone. I really wish people would stop being close minded, use some creativity, and want better from this game because it has the potential to be so much more than a zombie survival deathmatch.

• Like 1

Even tho it has been suggested before, i like it. More things to busy ourselves with the better. This along with fishing, gardens, and base building only add to the "other" things to do in DayZ... Which make it stronger in the long run.

Some people may like the idea, but I'd say the majority of poeple won't waste their time with it.

Nice idea though.

I never really understand this rational of "Well I won't do it so it's pointless".

This game does need something more than: find drink, find food, survive and PvP!

So you and a bunch of other people wouldn't try to make a farm. That's fine but maybe me and some others would. Then you guys say "Oh hey I saw this farm outside Stary! Lets go try to raid it MUHAHAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"... Bah-bam! Now you guys got a new mission and something interesting to go do. We now have adversaries to defend our farm from. After all the farm would be pretty damn boring if nobody challenged us.

Give us tools, options, and freedom... we'll build stuff and have a blast interacting with one another.... both positive and negative interactions. This is the fundamentals of building sandbox gaming. That's why I like ideas like this.

I'm not against the idea as irl after things calmed down a bit farming would be essential but in the mist of all bloodshed and carnage I'd like to see maybe wild berrys or other harvestable wild plants that would give mininum blood and slightly fight hunger.

Not saying it wouldnt be blast trying to defend my livestock or crops from them filthy bandits.

There are already tons of pastures and farm areas to accomodate this idea. I like the idea of players being able to take over a portion of the map, defending from zombies and players alike as well as fortifying it... but... doesn't look like that idea is obtainable as construction above ground appears to be "too difficult/reduces performance"