Sign in to follow this  
jayarr916

Being banned.

I would just like to apologize to the DayZ Dev Team for "hacking/scripting" in order to gain the upper hand in the game. A little curiosity just happened to turn into a consequence that I totally regret. All I wanted to do was get back at the people that always shot me on sight. However, that doesn't make it okay. This was the very first time I ever tried "hacking".

A few weeks ago, I posted about whether or not if I should buy ArmA2 and whether DayZ was worth it. I got some astounding replies. I feel almost as if all those replies went to waste just like my copy of the game. I'm so terribly sorry. Some people will probably bash me for this and inevitably label me a hacker permanently, but I understand.

Maybe I'll buy a new copy again in the future. Kudos on this amazing mod Rocket. I'm sorry everyone for adding onto the frustration that everyone had experienced with hackers. I hope you all are enjoying the game as much as I did before the hacks.

We didn't issue the bans - we can't revoke the bans.

So, your apology wasn't accepted here, try Battle Eye.

I don't think he expected a ban appeal.

Nice to see people actually admitting they learned their lesson, on the internet, of all places - wow!

Nice to see people actually admitting they learned their lesson[...]

They don't. People usually don't change, especially if they're some lowlife dourchebags.

Once an asshole, always an asshole.

Nice to see people actually admitting they learned their lesson[...]

They don't. People usually don't change' date=' especially if they're some lowlife dourchebags.

Once an asshole, always an asshole.

[/quote']

So what you just said here is that YOU are an ASSHOLE. I totally understand. :)

Keyboard heroes....

How is this connected to keyboard heroism?

It's just the same outside the internet. Maybe you heard about it: So called "Real life".

I completely agree with Reuter.

A player considering using cheats in order to "get back at the people that always shot [him] on sight" is not worthy enough to trust anymore.

And it's the same in real life. People don't change like that. If they are willing to use illegally ways to get their way to somethings, they will most of the time do it again after being caught.

It's easy to apologize when you get caught. It's more difficult to able to resist the tentation to cheat.

Yup, whether it be behind the anonymity of a computer screen or out in the 'real world', we are who we are, there's just no hiding it I'm afraid kids.

In other games I have moderated, we started to allow players to come back after a certain amount of time. Sooner if they admitted it. If they made us review the proof that they were cheating, the ban was longer (some were perma-bans).

Long story short, 90% of the people we allowed back on, ended up cheating AGAIN. Not always right away, but ultimately....

Its been said so many times but here is a reminder:

You hack you get banned, permanently. Period.

Cheaters are mostly sorry they got caught.

Cheaters are mostly sorry they got caught.

Exactly - I have zero respect for these crocodile tear threads asking for 'forgiveness', they're just a psychopathic display of self-pity.

The only cheats I respect are the ones who STFU (i.e. don't post at all), go and buy a new copy of the game, make a donation to charity while they're at it, and never touch cheats again.

I hope such people exist, but truth be told, I'm sceptical.

It's a fact that you can not global ban a player for using a bug/exploit. DayZ is ALPHA! Anyone know this. See it as an bug report. Stop banning player for this shit and better fix the problem with these scripts.

There were hundreds of players banned and that can't be correct. Many players have taken weapons out of those crates. They didn't spawn these crates and these players are also banned. You can't do that!

Hope you fix this problem very fast!

You can't do that!

Oh hai! its you again

Newsflash:

We. Just. Did.

It's a fact that you can not global ban a player for using a bug/exploit. DayZ is ALPHA! Anyone know this. See it as an bug report. Stop banning player for this shit and better fix the problem with these scripts.

Are you even serious on this?

Sometimes I really can't believe how stupid people are.

I didn't spawn crates. I found some crates and took out weapons/ammunition and get banned for this. I don't care about it, because I was unbanned from BE. So something must be wrong with these scripts or logs.

I didn't spawn crates. I found some crates and took out weapons/ammunition and get banned for this. I don't care about it' date=' because I was unbanned from BE. So something must be wrong with these scripts or logs.

[/quote']

6b_ZMF.png

@Mandrake

I like your picture! :D

But you didn't read my post carefully. I'm not banned anymore.

Nobody has been unbanned.

Just ban more innocent players. This is currently only a way to get more money for the development of the game. I don't care. I'm going to play right now. See you on a server :)

If I come across a tank in game, knowing the tank is not part of the mod which everyone does. I go around kill people it's no diffrent than picking up weapons that are not in the mod and killing people. There is information everywhere to read what guns are in the mod. Playing stupid is no excuse, "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to pick up all these guns that are restricted".