tamaster92

How to install Taviana (or any other custom map) and run it using DayZ Commander

Hey guys I just made a short video showing how to install the newest map and run it with DayZ commader.

This works with any currently released custom map and I figured it might be useful!

• Like 18

Thanks for the tutorial, I will install it later

Thanks for the tutorial, I will install it later

My pleasure, thank you for watching!

Never even heard of this map! will give it a look in a bit! just about to watch the video now so i will edit my post after,

That is the quickest tutorial i have ever seen and yet one of the best, Clear, straight to the point, Now cock ups along the way!

Perfect Tutorial dude. +1 for you sir!

I think this should be a sticky for how to install custom maps.

Edited by JamesTrendall

Never even heard of this map! will give it a look in a bit! just about to watch the video now so i will edit my post after,

That is the quickest tutorial i have ever seen and yet one of the best, Clear, straight to the point, Now cock ups along the way!

Perfect Tutorial dude. +1 for you sir!

I think this should be a sticky for how to install custom maps.

Thank you very much! I'm glad it helped and thanks for the asking to be stickied lol. At the risk of shameless self-promotion why don't you check out my other videos and subscribe if you like them?

But ya, I'm glad this is helping people to be honest, that's the point after all!

Edited by tamaster92
  • Like 1

Thank you very much! I'm glad it helped and thanks for the asking to be stickied lol. At the risk of shameless self-promotion why don't you check out my other videos and subscribe if you like them?

But ya, I'm glad this is helping people to be honest, that's the point after all!

Its not shameless at all i didnt even think about subscribing untill you said, so consider a new sub earned, :thumbsup:

Its not shameless at all i didnt even think about subscribing untill you said, so consider a new sub earned, :thumbsup:

Awesome! thanks muchly bro.

Sweet. I can get Celle now; Thanks!

My pleasure, just glad I can help people. These custom maps are really keeping the game alive for me until Standalone so figured the more people able to play the better!

My pleasure, just glad I can help people. These custom maps are really keeping the game alive for me until Standalone so figured the more people able to play the better!

Same i lost interest in DayZ a while ago, have been playing wasteland since, now a few new maps have come out im playing those now. The new maps coming out the way they do i hope rocket takes this in to consideration and allows custom maps on the standalone.

If not then i hope he will release a new map every month or even 2 months to keep the standalone alive! i know the game is sandbox but i feel some kinda of missions would be good to give you something to do, After you get guns food vehicles ect... all you can do is kill people or become a taxi service for fresh spawns, So maybe take the missions from wasteland and use them with heli crash sites ect... so they spawn in different places each time a mission comes up giving everyone a chance to grab some decent loot.

Same i lost interest in DayZ a while ago, have been playing wasteland since, now a few new maps have come out im playing those now. The new maps coming out the way they do i hope rocket takes this in to consideration and allows custom maps on the standalone.

If not then i hope he will release a new map every month or even 2 months to keep the standalone alive! i know the game is sandbox but i feel some kinda of missions would be good to give you something to do, After you get guns food vehicles ect... all you can do is kill people or become a taxi service for fresh spawns, So maybe take the missions from wasteland and use them with heli crash sites ect... so they spawn in different places each time a mission comes up giving everyone a chance to grab some decent loot.

What is wasteland? It sounds pretty cool from that brief description.

awesome job with the tutorial but i am having problems joining the servers. Either i get the message "arma 2 has stopped working" or i get a message saying i could not connect to the server due to a bad version. I followed every instruction on the video and i dunno if this helps but the servers are grayed out. Anyone know the issue? Btw my arma 2 patch and dayz are up to date as well as having the newest version of Taviana 1.1.0

Edited by Roofus

Looks like a sweet map! Cheers, worthy of a pin!

Edited by Trizzo

Looks like a sweet map! Cheers, worthy of a pin!

Thanks bro!

awesome job with the tutorial but i am having problems joining the servers. Either i get the message "arma 2 has stopped working" or i get a message saying i could not connect to the server due to a bad version. I followed every instruction on the video and i dunno if this helps but the servers are grayed out. Anyone know the issue? Btw my arma 2 patch and dayz are up to date as well as having the newest version of Taviana 1.1.0

Try deleting the map, redownloading and installing it again :)

Thanks bro!

Try deleting the map, redownloading and installing it again :)

I have this problem as well. I deleted it and reinstalled it, but it still has bad version or just crashes

P.S Love your vids!

Edited by ollie22007

I have this problem as well. I deleted it and reinstalled it, but it still has bad version or just crashes

P.S Love your vids!

Thank you!

I updated the description in the video with a method that seems to fix most crashes, try it!

Thank you!

I updated the description in the video with a method that seems to fix most crashes, try it!

THANKS FOR QUICK FEEDBACK!

Unfortunately This did not work. Could you tell me the exact version I should have. What is the arma 2 patch version. I had installed the 99202 version because on the day commander the patch it told me to all the servers were 99202.

After launching the game using the button in the settings tab, I was not able to find any severs with the filters set to taviana island. I dont know what it could be. Thanks for your great support. *brofist*

THANKS FOR QUICK FEEDBACK!

Unfortunately This did not work. Could you tell me the exact version I should have. What is the arma 2 patch version. I had installed the 99202 version because on the day commander the patch it told me to all the servers were 99202.

After launching the game using the button in the settings tab, I was not able to find any severs with the filters set to taviana island. I dont know what it could be. Thanks for your great support. *brofist*

I run ARMA II version 99153 which is the newest one available on DayZComannder. As for the server problem, trying filtering for just taviana though there aren't many servers to be honest.

I run ARMA II version 99153 which is the newest one available on DayZComannder. As for the server problem, trying filtering for just taviana though there aren't many servers to be honest.

You might want to change this. I have found out the problem. When you download the file on the alternate link, you get a slightly differant file. When installing the file @DayZTaviana The Z in dayz is not caps. SO it looks like @DayzTaviana. So in the settings tab where you overide the file location it has Z caps. So thats why it crashes. It looks for a file thats not there!

TY TY TY TY FOR YOUR SUPPORT. SUBBED. LOVE YOUR VIDS. May want to add that to your discription

You might want to change this. I have found out the problem. When you download the file on the alternate link, you get a slightly differant file. When installing the file @DayZTaviana The Z in dayz is not caps. SO it looks like @DayzTaviana. So in the settings tab where you overide the file location it has Z caps. So thats why it crashes. It looks for a file thats not there!

TY TY TY TY FOR YOUR SUPPORT. SUBBED. LOVE YOUR VIDS. May want to add that to your discription

Awesome! Thanks for the fix and I'll make sure to note it in the vid!

Glad you enjoy my videos, I am uploading one right now actually!

Tamaster. Im having a similar issue. I have Dayz updated to the latest patch. But the arma version is different. Its 1.1.0 on most of the servers. I have been able to connect to a server up to the point of creating character and its giving me that Incorrect version. You are running version 1.7.4 but need 1.1.0.. Any tips? The file paths on Dayzcommander are correct with the file I have in my Arma2 folder

Tamaster. Im having a similar issue. I have Dayz updated to the latest patch. But the arma version is different. Its 1.1.0 on most of the servers. I have been able to connect to a server up to the point of creating character and its giving me that Incorrect version. You are running version 1.7.4 but need 1.1.0.. Any tips? The file paths on Dayzcommander are correct with the file I have in my Arma2 folder

Hey! Thanks for watching, I was confused by the 1.1.0 thing to start with too lol. Basically even though it says it needs DayZ version 1.1.0 what it actually means is it needs DayZ Taviana version 1.1.0

I'd start by making sure that is the one you have :) if the problem still happens tell me and I'll see what else would help!

I just did your instructions Step by step. A friend of mine did them as well. He is able to join while i am not. My Arma version is 99202. The server im trying to join is 99202. Their version is 1.1.0. My version is 1.1.0. I made sure to change the DayzTaviana to DayZTaviana in both the Arma 2 folder and the DayzCommander. And when i launch Dayz it says i have DayZTaviana on the main menu.

I understood that part as well. But lookin in Dayz commander where you can update it. It says Dayz 1.1.0 (Out of Date). And the file i downloaded from the Alternative mirror site also says 1.1.0

Damn. Then in that case I'd suggest double checking everything and if it doesn't work then try reinstalling it

I just did your instructions Step by step. A friend of mine did them as well. He is able to join while i am not. My Arma version is 99202. The server im trying to join is 99202. Their version is 1.1.0. My version is 1.1.0. I made sure to change the DayzTaviana to DayZTaviana in both the Arma 2 folder and the DayzCommander. And when i launch Dayz it says i have DayZTaviana on the main menu.

That's rather strange... Did it give any error message?