Sign in to follow this  
Edey

No flashlight/torch?

Hey guys and girls,

I am just writing this as whenever it is night time in a server and I'd like to keep playing that server, my flashlight never works with the G17, Rem or the military flashlight. I press 'L' and nothing happens, I have the default keyboard keys and all appears fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I've had multiple Glocks and have had some that work, some that don't. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or another bit of realism (Batteries are depleted, light broken, etc). Same with the shotgun.

My g17 light had been working fine, then suddenly stopped. I tried rebooting and a couple different servers and it never worked again. I wonder if it's possible to break them?

I've had way too many to know that something is up. Every time it doesn't work.

Thanks for your replies. I'm hoping that this isn't a glitch, if anyone knows a way around this please say.

Its some kind of bug i think. They seem to work sometimes and not others. I havnt extensively tested it, but I notice that when its "on" and not actually showing a beam, if i switch to map, then back to game, it'll be on. Other times, this doest make a difference.

Also I have seen it where I switch from torch to weapon although the torch light was off, when im putting it away and getting the rifle out, ill see the torch light flash wildly around like im putting it away.

Try using a regular flashlight, or if you can get your hands on one the military flashlights. Not being an asshole, just not sure if you're aware there are actually standalone flashlights. :)

If I remember there is some bug where you have to aim the flashlight at a certain angle in order to turn it on, I usually just aim up in the sky or down at my feet.

im pretty sure its a bug, my friend was driving us around in a car the other night and i asked him to turn his headlights on, he said they were on... Then i tried to turn them on and it didnt work.

No one could see the light but him.

I was with another player the other night, and I said that I'd take a flashlight, so I did and it wouldn't work, where as when he had it , it worked. I saw him using it. Same flashlight.

Its odd. Ive had it work and not work with the same gun.

I was wondering what was going on when i picked up the last glock.. wouldn't work but I had NVGs so no big deal... later on I tried it again and it worked.. *shrug* try the map screen switching thing I believe I was looking back and forth at the map inbetween it not working and working.