piraneous

how vehicles work

Does anyone know exactly how the vehicles spawn?

I'm using http://dayzdb.com/map#5.078.124 to try finding vehicles. so far every one that i've checked on the map is a dud.

are vehicles spawned entirely at random? or are there x number of spawn points for a particular vehicle and it randomises between them?

do they spawn when the server starts and remain there till it resets? or do they randomly spawn when a player moves into the area?

anyone who's pulled the map appart and know its inner workings pls let me know.

Vehicles spawn at their places whenever the playing who owned them is away from it for 1 week or crashes it.

Its easyer to find an already owned vehicle, search the small towns with "useless" loot buildings, people like to hide vehicles there :)

And, finding a vehicles gets alot easyer once you already have one. So i suggest you find an ATV, they respawn all the time, why? because they are a death trap and people crash them all the time. Careful when you use one!

It is no doubt frowned upon, but a good way to find a vehicle is to go to the location it is supposed to spawn and server hop.

I was going to say engines but since you found daydb you'll be fine! If you have the time and inclination search the bottom/top corners of the map or the northern wilderness from west to east or Grozovy Pass, usally yields results for me! Look for private hives with ample vehicles added.

When I'm looking for a vehicle, I will usually start by trying to find a bike. I have been able to find them at their spawn points semi reliably. I then use it to travel to the spawn points of vehicles that I'd prefer to have. Once you find the vehicle you'd like, the bike will help you to make trips between it and industrial spots as you work on repairing it.

Thanks for starting this thread.

I was just wondering why I have been having a HELL of a time finding a bike on the coast, right after a server restart, no less.

It is no doubt frowned upon, but a good way to find a vehicle is to go to the location it is supposed to spawn and server hop.

The problem with this is that you invariably get stuck on a server you wish you never joined just to get the vehicle.

I got 2 nice vehicles with a ton of gear in... 3082.

I have pleasant dreams at night if I think of that server owner being keel-hauled whilst I drift off to slumber-land.

• Like 1