Sign in to follow this  
skyhawk

Why?

So Last night I was playing on US 1992, which is one of my community's servers and my favorite personally. Having survived a hacker attack last night where the hacker decided to spare my life but left me with broken legs and no morphine near Stary Sober, I crawled to the military tents in search of the morphine I desperately needed. Finding no morphine I log out for the night and decided to give it another try today. I log in and immediately I can tell there are people within the vicinity because I can see the peripheral zombie dots running all around the place. I crawl our and continue my search for morphine in the tents while keeping my eyes on the hill and town. I spot about 3- 4 people running around and I know a couple of them know I'm there. I keep crawling and eventually a fellow in camo clothing wielding an m249 comes running up to me saying, "Hey you by the tent. Are you friendly"? I respond with yes and tell him that I need morphine from my brush with a hacker from the previous night. He then tells me he has a group of 5 people that will shoot me if I try anything funny but they will give me morphine if I shoot the zombies, I agree and start unloading my m1911 into zombie heads. about 15-20 seconds into it, I am greeted by a DMR round through the middle of my skull, both frustrating me and ending my time on Chernarus. Knowing that they had good intentions and the sniper on the hill only shot me because I didn't hear that I was friendly with his group I'm assuming. I spawn on the south side of Cherno and run straight back to Stary for a good 10-15 minute run. I get back to my body and thankfully they realized their mistake and leave everything on my body except for an m24 that I had found and put into my backpack and instead replace it with some drink and food to compensate. I start to search the tents for a decent weapon to defend myself because they took my ammo for the m1911. I run for 5 seconds and I'm immediately being shot at by yet another DMR type weapon, an AKM, and an AK74-SU, I continually run around from tent to tent yelling "I'm friendly!" and "Why are you shooting at me!?" there's an eventual break in shooting, and I call out "Hey! I'm dropping my weapons! Please do not shoot me! I'm friendly!" I drop my weapons, run into the middle of camp, and they actually don't shoot me. I decide to just leave town and head north with not weapon except for a hatchet I can equip from my toolbelt, and I'm almost up the hill when I see two people looking at me through their weapons. One of them has an m16a4 ACOG and the other has my m24. they come running up and I say "hey. I'm friendly please don't shoot me!" and they respond with "hey buddy, stop moving!" I stop and once they get close, they look at me for maybe 3 seconds, then the guy with my old m24 shoots me in the face knocking me unconscious and practically dead and the guy with the m16 shoots another one, killing me.

I'm left with this: Why? For what reason is there any justification in shooting a player who drops their weapons, knows you have the advantage, and states very clearly that he is friendly and doesn't mean any harm? None. All it does is create anger and extreme frustration to lose all the time that people spend all that time on their characters only to have some douchebag who hides behind some username on the internet because nobody on the internet knows who he is, therefore giving him the freedom to do whatever the FUCK HE WANTS, shoot him in the face because he finds it amusing.

My personal goal with this game was to be the friendliest play out there and help everyone I can. I made some choices in the past that left me with a lot of negative humanity, even though it was for a good cause (killing snipers camping over elektro), and now I'm left as a bandit and I'm trying to gain my way back to herodom. However, That does not mean it's okay to shoot an unarmed person who has spent hours suriving, exploring, and searching.

Shame on you who do these acts simply because the person on the other end can't do anything about it. Please remove yourself from the community and go play something like Call of Duty, Battlefield, or Medal of Honor, where everytbody is trying to shoot everybody. Leave the people who are here to survive and create a positive post apocalyptic society in peace.

Bring on the haters.......

Edited by SkyHawk
  • Like 1

I feel your pain, but at the end of the day thats life in DayZ.

We've all come to terms with it just carry on, Its not about if its going to happen but when.

• Like 1

Noone's friendly in Stary Sobor, not even friendlies.

Logging in/out in the military camp is not the best idea either, if I saw someone logging in there, I'd automatically assume it was a server swapping loot farmer and those guys never take any chances, so I'd blast that fool, not matter skin. When you started unloading, where you the only one shooting zombies? Maybe they offed you because, you were drawing attention to them.

Thats why I stick to being the paranoid hatchet man never fails me in times of need. (in no way meant to be an insane clown posse reference)

I made some choices in the past that left me with a lot of negative humanity, even though it was for a good cause (killing snipers camping over elektro), and now I'm left as a bandit and I'm trying to gain my way back to herodom.

If you have a bandit skin you can't really complain about being shot randomly, even if you got it from killing for a good cause, other people don't know that and probably won't trust you, especially those that have been tricked by bandits before.

Couldn't agree more.

I hate how people play this like its CoD.

This game relies on bandits, don'tcha know!?

And shouting, "Friendly! Friendly!" doesn't work. It just means you put your guard down, and you're now an open shot.

Nut up or shut up!

Don't be so weak next time.

The wicked will always take advantage of it.

I would have shot the fuck out of you.

Edited by A_Typical_Noob

Noone's friendly in Stary Sobor, not even friendlies.

Logging in/out in the military camp is not the best idea either, if I saw someone logging in there, I'd automatically assume it was a server swapping loot farmer and those guys never take any chances, so I'd blast that fool, not matter skin. When you started unloading, where you the only one shooting zombies? Maybe they offed you because, you were drawing attention to them.

You're correct. Logging out in the military tents isn't a good idea, but I had no choice as I had no morphine to fix my broken leg. Yes to being the only one shooting the zombies. I did it because the one in camo told me to to prove I was trust worthy. They also were a group of 5 vs one with a handgun, what was I capable of?

Today I came across a man wielding a hatchet in the cherno apartments, he states hes friendly and I leave him be. Because Im that much of a good person. I enter an apartment in Cherno, and once I get out the sly bastard was waiting for me at the door with his hatchet killing me and taking my stuff. I was only 30 minutes into that life so I wasn't all that mad but shit, Im going to think twice before trusting anyone that I don't hear on the mic.

I have no chance of conversing with anyone because my direct chat is broken and I can't see anything typed in dc, and people generally don't trust the guy who doesn't respond to what they say.

to answer your above post you can lose a member to just a guy with a handgun if he catches you off guard Some people will kill on sight even if they are faced with almost certain death.

Edited by theguy8882

Plain and simple, it's fun to kill players, also when you roll with a group, you don't trust outsiders, placing trust in them and allowing them into the group exposes all your teammates to a possible disaster which is why most people not in the Teamspeak, Skype etc group are killed on sight.

I feel your pain, but at the end of the day thats life in DayZ.

We've all come to terms with it just carry on, Its not about if its going to happen but when.

well put sir and beans

If you have a bandit skin you can't really complain about being shot randomly...

The guy with the bandit skin could have gotten it by just defending himself or others. The whole skin changing thing is rather stupid and should be abandoned.