Publik

(Another) Trading Post that might actually succeed?

General message to the friendly neighborhood bandits: While you may be somewhat tempted to scuttle our trading post before it can begin properly, imagine how much more fun and profitable it would be to try to raid an up-and-running outpost a few days down the line, creating a real "settlers versus bandits" environment, instead of you guys essentially griefing a clumsy start-up. Food for thought, at least.

These will most likely(as I said MOST LIKELY) be the topics that will be mentioned

1. Where will everything be set up' date=' will we have a convoy or will we have a trading area different than the actually outpost

2. Vehicles - For us to get anything done efficiently, we need to have vehicles, whether it be boats to get around or helicopters for trading. We need some sort of vehicle.

3. server - What server will we be setting up at, will we host our own? Can we get people to actually join the server to trade with us.

4. Trading - What items will we be trading. We will actually probably be trading for weapons, supplies and vehicle parts

5. Also we will probably talk about what we will do when we get this up and running

CoolCat

[/quote']

5: Yes. :cool:

EDIT: Ok, I'm less cool than I thought I was. For some reason, I read your question 5 as an ironic "I'll probably find out tomorrow anyway" statement. We will be answering your questions during the meeting, as well as posting a new thread with all of the pertinent details shortly afterwards.

I think this is a brilliant idea and I would love to help in any way I can even though I just started playing this game fairly recently

Trading outpost? sounds cool,... Sounds like a place to trade with cooked meet and stuff i dont have use for. : D

If you guys are still seriously thinking about putting up this.

I suggest using a DE server, they seem to be the most stable servers.

And if you really are makeing this large.

I can talk to my guys, and if they are in aswell, then you can have 8merc's to what you please with.

We don't need gear anymore, we need a reason to continue!

-Z of [NATO]

I think this is a brilliant idea and I would love to help in any way I can even though I just started playing this game fairly recently

Steam group it up and we'll see you on the field.

If you guys are still seriously thinking about putting up this.

I suggest using a DE server' date=' they seem to be the most stable servers.

And if you really are makeing this large.

I can talk to my guys, and if they are in aswell, then you can have 8merc's to what you please with.

We don't need gear anymore, we need a reason to continue!

-Z of [NATO']

We might well have a use for ones such as you...

Be sure to have one of you drop by the TS3, or at least check out the new-and-improved announcement thread later today.

Good luck is all I have to say man. If it works out well for you then everyone will be glad that people can actually pull together and do something incredible other than build a chopper and mow everyone down with it.

This is what a zombie apoc is all about. Multiple survivors coming together and making the best of a crap situation. Obviously people will want what is yours, so you will have to defend with deadly force.

Me and my buddies would be interested in this if and when it gets up and running.

I'm really excited about all of this. Like one of the guys in the group, I'm new to teamspeak as well. I just got a mic, can anyone tell me what I need to do to set it up? Or point me to a very simple tutorial?

I'm really excited about all of this. Like one of the guys in the group' date=' I'm new to teamspeak as well. I just got a mic, can anyone tell me what I need to do to set it up? Or point me to a very simple tutorial?

[/quote']

Download TS3 here:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Small connection tutorial here:

http://tserverhq.com/clients/knowledgebase/99/How-to-connect-to-a-Teamspeak-3-server.html

The Special Task Force.

Just need to make a forum post clarifying what I meant by this in the TS chat.

What the STF would consist of:

3 - 5 people at a time. Pretty much doing guard duty until the need for them arises. These people should have knowledge of advanced infantry tactics and manuvers. The 'Elite' of the post you could say. Still, all should be allowed to, at some point, be part of it. Will just need to be able to listen and follow instructions of whoever is the STF squad leader at the time.

A Vehicle, for many of the jobs they would be doing they would need one.

Advanced equipment (hopefully) Silenced Rifles, one sniper. Medical Equipment.

Jobs the STF would do:

- Recover bodies (items) of scavengers that died in the field.

Pretty much only for those 'lone wolf' scavengers, if you scavenge with a group the other group members should be able to recover the items.

- Eliminate threats to the settlement.

They would be the ones that actively pursue threats. Probably snipers mostly. The guards need to be guarding the traders/items and pulling out too many to chase snipers away could be very bad.

- Secure meeting points for trades. This can also, and most likely, fall to the guards/Mercs instead.

- Rescue scavengers in the field

This would most likely require a Heli as land vehicles might not be fast enough.

- Other jobs that require tactics and good teamwork to get done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my idea on what they should be, feel free to tweak or throw it out entirely. Like I said before, they'd just be doing guard duty most of the time anyway.

The Special Task Force.

Just need to make a forum post clarifying what I meant by this in the TS chat.

What the STF would consist of:

3 - 5 people at a time. Pretty much doing guard duty until the need for them arises. These people should have knowledge of advanced infantry tactics and manuvers. The 'Elite' of the post you could say. Still' date=' all should be allowed to, at some point, be part of it. Will just need to be able to listen and follow instructions of whoever is the STF squad leader at the time.

A Vehicle, for many of the jobs they would be doing they would need one.

Advanced equipment (hopefully) Silenced Rifles, one sniper. Medical Equipment.

Jobs the STF would do:

- Recover bodies (items) of scavengers that died in the field.

Pretty much only for those 'lone wolf' scavengers, if you scavenge with a group the other group members should be able to recover the items.

- Eliminate threats to the settlement.

They would be the ones that actively pursue threats. Probably snipers mostly. The guards need to be guarding the traders/items and pulling out too many to chase snipers away could be very bad.

- Secure meeting points for trades. This can also, and most likely, fall to the guards/Mercs instead.

- Rescue scavengers in the field

This would most likely require a Heli as land vehicles might not be fast enough.

- Other jobs that require tactics and good teamwork to get done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my idea on what they should be, feel free to tweak or throw it out entirely. Like I said before, they'd just be doing guard duty most of the time anyway.

[/quote']

A good idea, I think. We're kind of swamped with just trying to get the basics up and running right now, but be sure to bring this up again after things settle down.

A good idea' date=' I think. We're kind of swamped with just trying to get the basics up and running right now, but be sure to bring this up again after things settle down.

[/quote']

Oh I know, this is just something I'd like to eventually see. Keeping things as simple as possible in the beginning is the best way to ensure success. Something like the STF probably wouldn't even be able to be formed until everyone has become a bit more aquainted with everyone else.

Well' date=' the only problem I have there is that it requires the player to have at least 10 slots open for the rifle. What if they're trading rotor assemblies?

Having your gun out but down also lets people feel a little more secure. I guess it could be appended that if you raise your weapon and point it at someone, you get shot.

[/quote']

Rotor assemblies are a huge corner case imo, and can be negotiated separately by trading post guards in a secure location at a higher cost.

You are *GOING* to run into the issue of a dozen people visiting your island with their guns down, not knowing that they're actually a group of bandits, and you WON'T be ready for it with they simply tap CTRL and lay waste to your island.

If visitors have their guns in pack (or stored in their own tents before coming), then your guards can deal with *any* number of threats while they're still stuck in the GUI menu.

Hell, you may even offer banking as a service later on (withdraw from your account by verifying your identity via e-mail or whatever) and let people check their weapons into their account before visiting as well. I know I would definitely keep a few weapons on hand with your lot for the cost of scrap metal, a tent, STANAG clips, or whatever, insured against any loss except server wipes.

In fact this safety would be well worth that cost to many people, and profitable enough for you to pay MANY mercs more than they'd make farming NWA or Stary.

In case anyone is still keeping an eye on this thread, please head on over to the new thread and post your details to join the company.

I'm the owner of Seattle 119, if you need a server owner on board I'm fully happy to accommodate this! :D