Publik

(Another) Trading Post that might actually succeed?

I would be interested in helping out as a guard/scavenger' date=' maybe a merc after my aim and survivability improves some.

Would be nice to have somewhere to go when it gets tedious out there.

Pretty much available before 8PM(-5:00 GMT/central).

Figured I'd post this here instead of just joining, seems a little weird (to me at least) not to request permission (for lack of a better word?) to join.

[/quote']

Both is good. Right now, we're looking at membership membership membership. We might have a winnowing process and/or make the Steam group more exclusive later on, but right now we want as much traffic as we can get. Be sure to stop by Wednesday on TS3 for the meeting.

Both is good. Right now' date=' we're looking at membership membership membership. We might have a winnowing process and/or make the Steam group more exclusive later on, but right now we want as much traffic as we can get. Be sure to stop by Wednesday on TS3 for the meeting.

[/quote']

Will do, I hope this project turns out well, having some direction/goals besides survival would be nice.

We'll be having a public TS3 meeting at 4:30 PM EST (20:30 GMT) on TS3 server 79.161.200.234:9117 on Wednesday' date=' June 20th.[/quote']

Alright, cool. I'll try to be there. I've got a 6 hour work shift starting 2 hours after the meeting's supposed to start on Wednesday, though; so if it runs really long, I won't be able to stay for the whole thing.

I wish that the leaders would be able to pretty much get in the TS3 group every once in a while and have people ask question etc. about how the group will be run.

Also does Michigan use EST time cause the last time I checked it did but I don't want to miss that meeting

We shall see where this goes from here

CoolCat

Also does Michigan use EST time cause the last time I checked it did but I don't want to miss that meeting

CoolCat

Yes, Michigan is Eastern Time

I wish that the leaders would be able to pretty much get in the TS3 group every once in a while and have people ask question etc. about how the group will be run.

We shall see where this goes from here

CoolCat

As to the first' date=' that's a worthy enough idea, but I feel that it's best to get all of the questions like that out here on the forums, where they can be read by hundreds instead of heard or misheard by handfuls.

Yes, Michigan is on EST. Everything's merrily confused now because of daylight savings (EST is normally at GMT/UTC -5, but is only at -4 right now).

http://www.time.gov/

[hr']

Would you mind asking those questions here on the forum, CoolCat?

A few of my questions are:

1. Are we sure that we are going to set up camp at the SE island of the map when we start? I'm iffy about it because we need a high amount of supplies to effectively begin setting up shop there.

2. Where are we going to get all the weaponry to go on the supply raids that are almost 100% required to get this underway.

3. Have we figured out who is in and who isn't because our numbers is going to greatly affect the game plan.

and 4. Are you open to ideas for getting things underway or do we have a "set in stone" plan that we are going to stick to along the way?

Thank you if you can answer my questions

CoolCat

A few of my questions are:

1. Are we sure that we are going to set up camp at the SE island of the map when we start? I'm iffy about it because we need a high amount of supplies to effectively begin setting up shop there.

2. Where are we going to get all the weaponry to go on the supply raids that are almost 100% required to get this underway.

3. Have we figured out who is in and who isn't because our numbers is going to greatly affect the game plan.

and 4. Are you open to ideas for getting things underway or do we have a "set in stone" plan that we are going to stick to along the way?

Thank you if you can answer my questions

CoolCat

1. It truly depends on what kind of response we get as far as gathering supplies go. I hope that we're up and running by this weekend, but if we can't get a minimum number of boats/tents, then we'll probably start up with an outpost on the mainland.

2. Generous contributions from our loyal members at first. Just about everyone can get their hands on a Winchester at the very least. As our numbers grow and we go on more supply raids and get more customers, we'll be relatively well stocked with mid- to high-end weapons to arm our members with.

3. The Steam group currently has 69 members. Cut that in half for pessimism's sake and its still a healthy amount. We'll have more realistic numbers after a few days of real operation.

4. Hah. Hah hah. Stone. That's funny. Plans are currently set in warm Playdough. We have a general plan that we'll discuss in more depth at the meeting, but are very open to improvement.

2. Generous contributions from our loyal members at first. Just about everyone can get their hands on a Winchester at the very least. As our numbers grow and we go on more supply raids and get more customers' date=' we'll be relatively well stocked with mid- to high-end weapons to arm our members with.

[/quote']

About that... I talked this over with Amentes and I think it really will be a case of making sure we have the fire-power and presence to defend ourselves let alone traders and travellers. Its fine having winchesters, they're a decent weapon but the "show of force" (as he put it) achieved by having well armed guards with DMRs and M249s etc will help give the image of security, and make bandits think twice.

I thank you for answering my questions and I hope I can be the half of the steam group that will get initially accepted also I have an AKM so I should be able to provide BASIC security while setting up camp.

I'll be happy to do something more than get a weapon and get shot.

I'm also very glad someone has the guts to get something like this started.

It'll be nice to serve with you guys if I get the chance.

CoolCat

I think the weapons should be standardized.

Colt 45s , either AK74 or M16 variant for Exterior guards

DMRs or M14 AIMs for Outpost guards

Ferry captains and guards should carry shotguns and PDWs for self defense.

Choose between AK mag weapons or STANAG

AK74 variants might be a bit better because Ak74u is a bit common , moreso then Mp5

I thank you for answering my questions and I hope I can be the half of the steam group that will get initially accepted also I have an AKM so I should be able to provide BASIC security while setting up camp.

I'll be happy to do something more than get a weapon and get shot.

I'm also very glad someone has the guts to get something like this started.

It'll be nice to serve with you guys if I get the chance.

CoolCat

It may not be half exactly, I think it was meant as an example.

I'm just happy I, Publik and Kurkistan are sharing the load, It's already been more work than I first anticipated, but decisions are being made with every message at least, and we're progressing along nicely.

Well I'm glad things are going smoothly. Also I have a few suggestions security wise but I don't feel comfortable talking about them on teh forums as a bandit knowing our security measures is a bandit who just got a whole lot smarter...

CoolCat

Well I'm glad things are going smoothly. Also I have a few suggestions security wise but I don't feel comfortable talking about them on teh forums as a bandit knowing our security measures is a bandit who just got a whole lot smarter...

CoolCat

Send me a PM, depending on the question I may be able to answer it, or at least bring it up with Kurkistan and Publik.

glad to see things rolling along. i'll definitely be at the ts meeting. been gathering some weapons up; once we have a firm location i'll start bringing them over.

Sorry if I'm writing this amidst a conversation but I have a query (this may have been previously been asked and answered in the other pages but I'm in a wee bit o' a rush) would this trading post also function as sort of a Survivor meeting point? A place where people could meet up, sit around camp-fires, eat beans and tell stories; or will it function solely as a place where people will trade?

Hello, my group may be interested in doing guard detail for something like this. We have a pretty solid core group. I still need to discuss it with my officers, but we'll get back to you. I've joined your Steam group, shoot me a message sometime. Look for GHouse.

Definetly wouldnt mind helping out with anything! ^^ Would be fun to play as a Arma Bodyguard again.

For anyone planning on giving guard service, try to join the TS3 meeting at about 8:00 GMT

Try to figure out what it is for your time zone lol

CoolCat

I love these threads. Look forward to being assaulted by our clan in the near future if you succeed.

That's all part of the fun though' date=' giving us an objective to defend, and you to attack. :p

[hr']

Hello' date=' my group may be interested in doing guard detail for something like this. We have a pretty solid core group. I still need to discuss it with my officers, but we'll get back to you. I've joined your Steam group, shoot me a message sometime. Look for GHouse.

[/quote']

Feel free to join the TS3 chat on Wednesday when (hopefully) we can talk more in depth about available positions etc within The Post and how they will be orginised.

On a side note to all of you, the TS3 server can only handle 50 slots, theres 74 people on the steam group. I don't expect you all to turn up but it is worth mentioning.

Sorry if I'm writing this amidst a conversation but I have a query (this may have been previously been asked and answered in the other pages but I'm in a wee bit o' a rush) would this trading post also function as sort of a Survivor meeting point? A place where people could meet up' date=' sit around camp-fires, eat beans and tell stories; or will it function solely as a place where people will trade?

[/quote']

I personally would like it to be a place to people to just go and chat too, but we'll see how this turns out.

On a side note to all of you' date=' the TS3 server can only handle 50 slots, theres 74 people on the steam group. I don't expect you all to turn up but it is worth mentioning.

[/quote']

In that case any chance you could record the chat and make it available to those that missed it or would otherwise just be listening in? If there is open space I'd probably just be listening anyway, just a thought.

On a side note to all of you' date=' the TS3 server can only handle 50 slots, theres 74 people on the steam group. I don't expect you all to turn up but it is worth mentioning.

[/quote']

In that case any chance you could record the chat and make it available to those that missed it or would otherwise just be listening in? If there is open space I'd probably just be listening anyway, just a thought.

We could probably do that yeah, there most likely would have been a summery of everything talked about posted here anyway.

We could probably do that yeah' date=' there most likely would have been a summery of everything talked about posted here anyway.

[/quote']

Yeah, just thought I wouldn't be the only one interested in being able to listen to the meeting if I missed it for whatever reason.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

These will most likely(as I said MOST LIKELY) be the topics that will be mentioned

1. Where will everything be set up, will we have a convoy or will we have a trading area different than the actually outpost

2. Vehicles - For us to get anything done efficiently, we need to have vehicles, whether it be boats to get around or helicopters for trading. We need some sort of vehicle.

3. server - What server will we be setting up at, will we host our own? Can we get people to actually join the server to trade with us.

4. Trading - What items will we be trading. We will actually probably be trading for weapons, supplies and vehicle parts

5. Also we will probably talk about what we will do when we get this up and running

CoolCat