Sign in to follow this  
FinalNinja447

Bandit Logic

bandit logic - If I see a player and i don't know him i will kill him, I'll say nothing and if i'm lucky he'll let slip his anger in direct chat and I shall smile as I reload.

Edited by Rastamaus
  • Like 1

Please do not confuse bandits with people that kill fresh spawns for shits and giggles. I have been a bandit since day one, I have been playing since release but never have I camped the coast looking for fresh spawns to kill.

Please do not confuse bandits with people that kill fresh spawns for shits and giggles. I have been a bandit since day one, I have been playing since release but never have I camped the coast looking for fresh spawns to kill.

Obviously there are levels of banditry, some players have turned being a bandit into a fine art and have a clear moral code they strive to adhere to.

unfortunately those fresh spawn killers and coast campers? they are bandits too

>spot a survivor with an axe and makarov

>spend 1/2 a mag of DMR ammo to kill him, giving away your position to other players and risking all your gear in the process

And then logs off or logs off after 30 second timer.

Well, the bandits are what's keeping me at work. I hunt them down and treat them just like they treat bambies and survivors in Cherno/Elektro, I couldn't care less about their gear yet I still shoot them. Beside that, I do feel that the bandits are important to the (anti) game, but I do not support the whole "Shoot you with an AS50/M107 while secured half a mile away from you" deal. Mid range sniping with weaker snipers are acceptable to me though, I love my trusty CZ 550. Atleast then you can get hit and still survive, albeit with very little chance of getting much further without morphine, so keep them morphines handy!

Survivors are avoided and rarely shot, most Heroes are approached, that's the way I roll.

Edited by Darkwater

Shooting on sight is a legitimate play style, and it is popular because it is the only play style that can make you theoretically impossible to be killed legitimately. You got killed, start over, play on.

The only one that can keep you from getting killed legitimately is hacking. KOS only reduces the chance that anyone you see will kill you, and most certainly does not eliminate the possibility (even theoretically) that you will be killed legitimately. Even if you had eyes on the back of your head, or a squad of ten, or only ran around at night with a dmr and ghillie. Rest assured, you will be found before you make the shot. It only takes once.

Obviously there are levels of banditry, some players have turned being a bandit into a fine art and have a clear moral code they strive to adhere to.

unfortunately those fresh spawn killers and coast campers? they are bandits too

I just refer to them as shit people :P

Sounds perfectly logical to me. It would be illogical to spend time playing a game in a way that you do not enjoy.

DayZ is an apocalypse game where you should survive MAINLY from zombies. First you should find basic survival things like a simple weapon and food, medical stuff, etc. Then you should look for vehicles or a base, or better weapons, things like that.

A bandit, actually, SHOULD be a "part" of the game, an "optional" side for the game, where you could kill another survivors when REALLY needed, not to stay on a 'high' building, with a sniper, waiting for another players to... **-hahaha-** kill them.

It doesnt make any sense if you play in a zombie apocalyspe game to ENJOY killing another players!

Well, I must agree: killing players is really nice, but dude, if you want to kill players for nothing, play deathmatch games man, there are MANY of them.

I am not saying the banditry should be extinct, I am saying there's no logic if you play a zombie game to kill survivors purposely.

What do you mean with 'purposely'?

Well, sometimes you are in a building, looking for some stuff, then you find a player that you really dont trust and shit. Go ahead, kill him, it's a consequence. But playing here with the MAIN objective to kill players is not logical.

As I said, killing players is really nice and shit, but do you know why? Because there's NOTHING better to do here. I hope this get fixed at the standalone :)

Edited by #Knight
  • Like 1

>spot a survivor with an axe and makarov

>spend 1/2 a mag of DMR ammo to kill him, giving away your position to other players and risking all your gear in the process

That's called practice.

• Like 1

That's called practice.

>Spend a few hours grinding trough NWAF barracks to find a DMR

>Realize you can practice shooting weapons in ArmA 2

This is now a thread for dayz memes

>plays a pvp game

>complains when he gets shot

>runs through a field, not paying attention

>complains he was shot from nowhere

• Like 1

All these bandits are fucking idiots. If killing someone, you should kill for gear or self defense. "Nu he was gunna kill me if i didnt kill him" doesn't count as self defense.

bandits are idiots because...why? Without us bandits you would have no heroes. Do you really believe we should not enjoy the variety of weapons in Dayz on each other? Are they really only there for fighting zombies?

• Like 2

Bandit hater logic - I keep dying, always getting shot. it can't be my gameplay that's causing this, it must be that the bandits are to blame. Therefore bandits are spoiling my game.

Bandit logic - I used to keep dying, always getting shot. It was my gameplay that caused this, my lack of skill and guile was to blame. therefore I got good and now kill others before they spoil my game.

• Like 2

Follows you around for a few hours, working together to fix vehicles, loot villages, and survive...

Shoots you in the back of the head over a four-slot backpack upgrade.

Yes, I'm still bitter "Lance."

I was on a high populated server and there was snipers on sniper hill of Cherno, I ran in on a Hero and he could've killed me (survivor) but he didn't, Then he turned around and had a shiny coyote pack, I shot that guy in the back of the head. In side channel he was like "screaming" at me, and everybody wanted to come kill me as I killed a hero. I logged and changed servers as I was scared of them all >.<

u sound like Zorro bro,, lol

lets play make-believe and pretend!!! moral code in the post apocolypse!! yeah!! i mean killers, thieves etc have such an impressive moral code in the present day,,,

u sound like Zorro bro,, lol

lets play make-believe and pretend!!! moral code in the post apocolypse!! yeah!! i mean killers, thieves etc have such an impressive moral code in the present day,,,

Zorro, Robin Hood - whatever, these are just examples from history and fiction of those who live outside of the accepted rule of law yet are not necesarily bad or morally bankrupt. My point was that there are bandits and there are bandits, some are cowardly peices of shit who beach camp and kill new spawns for lulz and clearly possess no 'in-game' moral code, and at the other end of the spectrum there are bandits who only engage those who have a chance to defend themselves and, for me at least that behaviour does indeed demonstrate a kind of moral code.

As for make believe and pretending, this is a game dude, it ain't real, it's where we come to literally make believe and pretend.

• Like 1

Pretending? I thought I was in a real zombie apocalypse. Damn. My hopes and dreams have once again been dashed.

• Like 1

Zorro, Robin Hood - whatever, these are just examples from history and fiction

lol buddy,,, the Robin Hood from hollywood is not real,, both zorro and robin hood you imagine are fiction,,, he was a womaniser and a alcoholic dumbass :D

sure its a game exactly,, thats why im not pretending to have a moral code,, im just using the guns in the game to kill players and thats all,, you are playing a pretend game within a game!!

i love your tears boiii, see u on the coast soon

Moral code =/= Not being a alcoholic and a womanizer

That's kinda the point of having a specific "code". Certain things are acceptable, certain things aren't. That said, if a particular person chooses to have a moral code, it's not really pretending. It's just their decision on what they feel is acceptable and unacceptable, it's when they try to force other people to adhere to this code that the problems start.

That said, won't see me if I see you first.

lol buddy,,, the Robin Hood from hollywood is not real,, both zorro and robin hood you imagine are fiction,,, he was a womaniser and a alcoholic dumbass :D

sure its a game exactly,, thats why im not pretending to have a moral code,, im just using the guns in the game to kill players and thats all,, you are playing a pretend game within a game!!

you have failed to grasp any of my points, I am pro bandit. It was you who brought zorro to the conversation. I'll waste no more words on you as you are clearly a bit thick.

• Like 1

LOL u are way off bro,,,, firstly nobody is "innnocent" in dayZ,, go join a server and get shot,, thats the truth of it and u know it!!

I would challenge this with myself, I have never shot someone unless it totally necessary, and those necessary times total about 3 since the end of june/july, In that time of the many times I have been killed theres only 3-4 where my death was understandable, or legitimate as so many people like to say, and a couple more that were my fault, the rest, a sniper round to the head from god knows where for the most part, and largely in isolated 'low risk' areas...

One set or replies that amuses me the most is those who kill fresh spawns and hide behind the 'they will become a threat' excuse then cite the PvP nature of the game or how they like 'the challenge' there is no challenge when its you and your as50 vs a clueless survivor with his bare hands, just get real, your only kidding yourselves...the fact of the matter is you either know yourself you have no skill to win on even ground or are just flat-out cowards...

• Like 1

he didn't say robin hood or zorro were real

he didn't cry so the tears you refer to are in your mind dude

I read your earlier posts and it seems you think killing fresh spawns makes you 'alpha', erm I dispute that and say it makes you a definite beta male dude.

Plus your sentences are often jumbled and make no real sense, I have to agree with rastamaus, you are really quite stupid and on top of this you are a crap troll.

The sad truth is, no one is entitled to a fair fight. Good strategists tend to recognize this and avoid engaging their opponent on even-ground if they can avoid it.

• Like 2

double post,,,

i take this opportunity to say,,,

waaaaaaaaa,,,waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,,waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by Reverend Killjoy
  • Like 1

he didn't say robin hood or zorro were real

lol sure he did.. he said zorro is a example from fiction,, and robin hood a example from history. history is real like i checked,, cry harder

Edited by Reverend Killjoy