Sign in to follow this  
levvy (DayZ)

Suggestion for NPC's

So I was thinking about what this game really is. Theres basically 2 real threats in this game. There are zombies which are not too hard to deal with in all honesty but can fuck you up if you get careless. then theres other people, which we all know is the real threat.

The biggest thrills i have had in this game have been pvp fights. Everytime my heart starts beating so hard, I get an adrenaline rush every time I go into combat or I am stalking a group waiting for my perfect moment to strike. However a lot of people feel this is just how the game is now, a glorified deathmatch with zombies scattered around.

My suggestion would be to implement a new threat to players. NPC's which would provide a serious threat to survivors but offer great rewards.

For Example, Military teams that drop into areas on the map as random events. These guys are haz mat teams trying to clear areas, exterminating zombies are survivors alike. They would have the very best equipment, great AI and teamwork and if they catch you alone you would have very little chance of surviving, let alone taking them out.

When this happens people would be willing to make alliances in order to go after these teams, after all they would be carrying a lot of high tier weapons, gear and possible vehicles.

This would bring players together and give them a challenge equal to or greater than pvp. Bro-ops will be made and permanent alliances formed.

I am sure there will be people who will tag along with the group for the rewards, with the intention of killing the allies to horde the loot. And frankly I think thats great. It's what makes this game so amazing and real, you face threats constantly and trust is hard to earn.

I posted this on 4chan and similar ideas were posted, such as air drops that survivors can fight over or Boss type zombies.

Thanks for reading my post. I love this game and cant wait to see what the future holds.

This isn't about his website of choice, but the idea.

I quite like the idea, but the AI in ARMA II is pretty retarded sometimes, so I'm not sure if it would work

This isn't about his website of choice' date=' but the idea.

I quite like the idea, but the AI in ARMA II is pretty retarded sometimes, so I'm not sure if it would work

[/quote']

Perhaps, this may be something that's not possible but it would be cool if this was implemented in the future when this is on Arma 3, or even its own standalone.

Even if the AI wasnt that great, if they had very high health, damage and numbers it would still be a challenge.

I like the idea of the drops though' date=' what would be in them?

[/quote']

Hello Kitty Backpacks, Carebear Pjyamas and Zombie lube.

I like the idea of the drops though' date=' what would be in them?

[/quote']

Random would be best, like any other spawn. It would be good to find dynamic loot spawning that would reward you for exploration, rather than having to go to over crowded loot spawns (Airports, barracks) where death is always likely. You get kind of tired of running north to find good loot just to get sniped by a camper over an over again.

This ain't any other game.

Don't try to incorporate that kind of things.

This ain't any other game.

Don't try to incorporate that kind of things.

What?

So I cant suggest any features, the game should be like it is and not incorporate anything? What are you trying to say?

I believe he succeeded in trolling the suggestions board.

Trolls aside though, I do think this idea would add something to the game. The other alternative to using AI is that when a military operation happens random players could get the option to 'shelve' their survivor character and participate in the military op as military personnel. With the caveat that they will almost certainly die but they can then just go back to being their old character. Obviously there'd be the risk of people just going rogue and trying to take stuff to where they last were with their character then suicide so their char would get the stuff, but there should be ways of killing them if they go off mission to create a disincentive. This would also work better with a larger number of players on the server so maybe its going to be better to wait till Arma3... either way though the idea has promise at adding some additional threats to DayZ without totally corrupting the game.

I believe he succeeded in trolling the suggestions board.

Trolls aside though' date=' I do think this idea would add something to the game. The other alternative to using AI is that when a military operation happens random players could get the option to 'shelve' their survivor character and participate in the military op as military personnel. With the caveat that they will almost certainly die but they can then just go back to being their old character. Obviously there'd be the risk of people just going rogue and trying to take stuff to where they last were with their character then suicide so their char would get the stuff, but there should be ways of killing them if they go off mission to create a disincentive. This would also work better with a larger number of players on the server so maybe its going to be better to wait till Arma3... either way though the idea has promise at adding some additional threats to DayZ without totally corrupting the game.

[/quote']

The only problem I see with that is it is way open to abuse. whats to stop these player military guys from suiciding themselves so their frends can get the loot easy? I'd rather they were super tough AI that will require a lot of teamwork to take down and reap the rewards.