Oakatsura

Gender Selection not appearing in 1.7.3

After dying you appear as a guy no matter what, even if your character died as a female character you automatically respawn now as a male, there is no choice screen its just a seemless transition.

guys playing as female playbles wanted MORE skins . i think they shut them down for the moment cause they are tired of them btching about what they want ,and not what they do get

Edited by Naked Barbie

While the idea to have you able to select sex on first time login seemed like a good idea, it was poorly thought through and as such I'm guessing it was removed from the hack they are calling 1.7.3

Can we get an official source or response for this question?

I too am curious about all of this but spewing speculation around won't do us any good.

Regards;

ExtinctSquirrel

The rolling update said they were going to add Female Variables all i can do is "Speculate" that they are going to be adding additional female skins.

I respawned yesterday and got the male - female option. So I'm not too sure about this one.

I think it's fixed in the next update

* [Fixed] Adding checks for female skin humanity/login.

* [Fixed] Adding female skin to variables.

http://dayzmod.com/f...mmunity-builds/

Edited by smasht_AU

Well the next patch hasn't been released yet, so that's a given.

Well the next patch hasn't been released yet, so that's a given.

Is this an acknowledgement of the issue?

Is this an acknowledgement of the issue?

The issue was already acknowledged in the rolling changelog1.7.4.4. That's what I quoted a few posts above....Since then the patch has been released and with it the following patch notes.

* [NEW] Gender section screen thanks F0rt.

* [Fixed] Adding checks for female skin humanity/login.

* [Fixed] Adding female skin to variables.

It seems there are still issues however.

http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1018189

Edited by smasht_AU

What I can't understand is I've had no problem playing as a female character and choosing female on many servers during 1.7.3. It's just since yesterday and the latest version that I'm a man in all the servers. I'm a woman and I like playing as a female character, so I do hope it can be fixed. :thumbsup: One of the things I admire about the female skin in Dayz is she's a real female character, not just a pair of giant breasts in an underwired wire and her ass hanging out of ther jeans. :beans:

I forgot to mention that when I was playing this evening, everyone who tried to pick up clothing/skins was immediately kicked from the server.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

What I can't understand is I've had no problem playing as a female character and choosing female on many servers during 1.7.3. It's just since yesterday and the latest version that I'm a man in all the servers. I'm a woman and I like playing as a female character, so I do hope it can be fixed. :thumbsup: One of the things I admire about the female skin in Dayz is she's a real female character, not just a pair of giant breasts in an underwired wire and her ass hanging out of ther jeans. :beans:

I forgot to mention that when I was playing this evening, everyone who tried to pick up clothing/skins was immediately kicked from the server.

Sula that is exactly why I'm fond of the female character in Dayz! Now I miss her and I miss the immersion of playing as my own gender.

Have tried deleting and reinstalling all files to no avail. Will post on the patch thread too.

I've also noticed the gender screen has disappeared for me as well. Though so far all my updates were done manually. Any chance that could be causing the problem?

I lost my hero skin a while ago, about a month or two ago, and I have not been able to select my gender also. I would like to point out that I did not nor have ever killed anyone in DayZ directly or indirectly, and have no reason to have lost my hero skin. I don't want it back, just want to know why.

No procreation for u guys after the infection, without females ;)

so uh... this is still busted huh? Too bad - finally convinced my wife to join the party, but she doesn't wanna 'be a dude'. >_<