Sign in to follow this  
theozzyoscar333

New combat system bugs

I love the new combat timer system although when you throw a flare or tin can, the 30 seconds starts, could you please fix that?

I love the new combat timer system although when you throw a flare or tin can, the 30 seconds starts, could you please fix that?

its been put out, its not a bug. thts how it works

Hello there

Any combat related action will put you in combat mode, as griffin says, it's a deliberate mechanic.

Rgds

LoK

throwing a tin can might do some minor damage.

throwing a smoke is also tactical element of combat

(and can do severe damage to buildings xD)

i fail to see how throwing a flare is combat related though.

usually, in a fight is where i actually don't want to use

these things. i guess activating a chemlight will flag me too?

:S

Edited by Azrail

throwing a tin can might do some minor damage.

i fail to see how throwing a flare is combat related though.

I look at the this opposite way, tin can isn't really gonna be used for combat, but on a night server you might throw a flare onto a person to shoot them or something.

Flares, Chemlights and whatnot can be used to blind people using NVG's at nighttime, no? I would consider this combat related.

Flares, Chemlights and whatnot can be used to blind people using NVG's at nighttime

does that actually work?

we tried a long long time ago and i think it didn't...

might be wrong though.

if it does work, everything is alright.

It's only 30 seconds, lol. xD

My only concern with the new combat system is the little icon that pops up telling everyone nearby that you've just thrown a can, killed a zombie with a hatchet or carried out some other action that they would have had no idea about otherwise. :(

My only concern with the new combat system is the little icon that pops up telling everyone nearby that you've just thrown a can, killed a zombie with a hatchet or carried out some other action that they would have had no idea about otherwise.

I noticed this too. The can throwing is less stealthy, you would probably hear it anyway, but the melee weapons set off the combat time from way too far compared to the range of them.

Maybe there's one all-encompassing range setting for any attack/action. I'm guessing it will be further developed, the overall idea is good.

To be honest I think just getting rid of the icon showing that you are 'in combat' would fix it. If you didn't hear the can being thrown or see the hatchet guy then the game shouldn't tell you. :S

Yeah, it is nice apart from that though.