Sign in to follow this  
Jester.

Bandit? Spawn without a weapon!

As the title suggests, I believe that Bandits should have to scavenge to support their killing habit. Currently there really isn't a consequence for being a bandit... (Though people will even randomly kill you MORE if you have a bandit skin.) This isn't too extreme in my opinion, because weapons constantly spawn all over the map. It would just space out the amount of spawn killing bandits do.

Currently there really isn't a consequence for being a bandit...

That's because there doesnt need to be a consequence.

Yes there does need to be a consequence. This is a Zombie survival game, not Call of Duty.

Wrong. It is a Sandbox survival game, with zombies.

The game is designed for PvP to be a viable playstyle. Think of it like a real post-apocalypse scenario. People will do whatever they can to survive. For some it means banding together and looking after one another, for others it means stealing from others and removing your competition.

That's a bit extreme isn't it? Not all Bandits are complete trigger happy dickwads. Yes it is a Zombie Survival game and not Call of Duty, but lets not turn it into Man vs Wild Impossible mode.

The best part is where he's removing peoples' reputation because they don't agree with him and he cannot form a coherent argument against it.

I'll just leave this here, just because I love the quote so much, and it accurately sums up 95% of the "nerf bandits" threads (which they're likely to remove bandit skins anyway):

Just because I did not script rules' date=' doesn't stop anyone from making their own in game.

Are people so used to games shoving rules, tasks, stories down their throats that they can't handle it when something doesn't? Or would you like a world where the players actually get to do this? Not a structured and controlled environment that is "dressed up" as post-apocalyptic?

I hear what everyone is saying, and yes - its cruel and unsporting when you get killed 10 seconds into the game. But that's what this is, it is brutal, it is cruel. This is not fair. Maybe you will hate this game. Maybe you already do. It is an unforgiving environment with no structure. It is up to you to decide what to do next.

I would rather let the project die (and maybe it will, I accept that) than take over the role of establishing rules and punishments and structure. Instead I am going to work on the world's framework. It is up to the inhabitants of that world, you guys, to decide what kind of world you want it to be.

Is this actually possible? Fuck knows. But I really want to find out, and I've got nothing at all to loose. And to be honest, neither have you because you haven't paid me a cent and I haven't been paid a single cent for any of this.

So here's the challenge - just take a moment and think about what you are asking me for, with alot of these requests. Balancing, structure, rules, protection. These are what the game industry has shoved in your face for the last twenty years. Even the game industry itself can't escape it. EVE-Online tried briefly but caved in. Why? Money. They needed subscribers.

I don't.

This is going all the way, to whatever end that is.

[/quote']

Everyone has died at some point, whether to players or zombies. Either grow a pair, learn from your mistakes and get better, or play something else instead of cluttering the Suggestions area with duplicates and uselessness. This isn't a game that's going to hold your hand.

Can we nerf the zombies, because they're too hostile? Maybe they

can spawn without legs or something? For me it's a survival game and I want to focus on looking for food and cool weapon, not on running from zombies, come on guuuuuyyyys!

Seriously, This quote from rocket is great. We should organize and try to make our lives easier like it is right now, without game doing it for us. It's possible, it just requires some effort.

yeah this is ARMA go back to COD if you want to as you use to say this word, """nerf""", what you call to be in always using your slang """ PvP """". You need to accept that in order to play this game, you need to communicate using teamspeak. DOn't have teamspeak? Then go play battlefield 3. But please, don't spam the public chat with friend or foe, informations and other shit, because you will get laughed at. Don't you have friends to play with? Find them.

Arma is a milsim, you need to understand, this game can't be like battlefield or skyrim. Hide and seek, the oldest game in the world.

I read comments of BAshiok the Diablo 3 developer. Even him was so disappointed by those babbys always tring to change what they don't like. Sometimes you have to deal with it. Not random the fact t hat most of the bandits are ARMA veterans. L2ARMA

Hide. And seek.

Also spawn points shold be more spaced out, instead all the spawn points are set in kamenka, chernogosk, and elekctrodavosk. There 's more 250 km^2.

As the title suggests' date=' I believe that Bandits should have to scavenge to support their killing habit. Currently there really isn't a consequence for being a bandit... (Though people will even randomly kill you MORE if you have a bandit skin.) This isn't too extreme in my opinion, because weapons constantly spawn all over the map. It would just space out the amount of spawn killing bandits do.

[/quote']

No.

The name of the game is survival by any means necessary. If you do not like the any means necessary part, then this isn't the game for you.

You're right, this isnt CoD...where your friends and foes are clearly defined, and social interaction is at the level of apes, if apes could talk and were racist.

This is a sandbox, where you have to earn your friends, and pick your fights.

I wish there was a script that would permaban everyone who made dumb threads like these' date=' from both the game and forum.

[/quote']

While I also disagree with these threads, they are each different suggestions, and are constructive. Some good ideas can come from bad suggestions.

lol bandit army is all over the forum, attacking anyone who's against mindless killings...thank god for alt+f4 :D

Bandit does not mean 'mindless killer'.

Oh, and referring back to the OP, yes there are consequences for being a bandit. You think people not immediately killing you on sight on a survivor skin is hard? Try being a bandit. There is this misconception that all bandits are random player killers, and will kill anybody they see - thus leading to probably 99% of survivors shooting them on sight.

And Grimm, I understand that these can be constructive, but people really need to think before posting. This isn't a 'zombie survival' game, it's closer to an apocalypse simulator. You need to understand that OP.

And Grimm' date='

[/quote']

"Griff" to you, nobb

:)

lol bandit army is all over the forum' date=' attacking anyone who's against mindless killings...thank god for alt+f4 :D

[/quote']

This would be a good reason to ban you from this mod IMHO.

As much as I hate bandits and shoot them on-site :D. I have to say I dont support this suggestion. Maybe give them two less magazines when they spawn and no food and I think that should seem fair. :D Bandit Scum.

Hi I'm new in the forum but i think i need to leave my opinion there.

Lets face it. What make this MOD so great is the "pressure" of not knowing if you are going to be shot the next minute. If, what and who are close to you. This so yea PVP it's what make this game great.

But in truth i've found one thing. IT'S WAY EASIER to be a bandit than a "survivor". Why?

How the game is right now is WAY easier/more rewarding being a bandit and just shot everyone in sight.

If you kill, you get the enemy gear and one less one "possible" threat. If you get yourself killed, you just respawn and run to a city to take more gear.

While if you try to play as a "survivor" you are living from trash and will likely to get killed.

Don't say "but shooting everything in sigh is a viable way to survive in a apocalipse zombie."

Because remember something. in IRL you can shot everything in sight, but if you die, you are death. END. You aren't going to respawn in the coast with a gun and some bullets.

So people aren't going to be "the rambo" and shoot everything in sigh like they do in this MOD right now. And who do that will die quickly.

So yea this game need to have some Downside for being a bandit. I'm not going to tell respawn without a single thing, but at least without food, and water.

"Survive of the fittest, not of the try hard who got killed 4 times in a row, and got luck enough to get you on sigh before you do so"

Want to be a bandit? so you dont need of anyone? OK but you need to be good enogh for that, not just "i respawned, lols, lets shot who i see with my makarov and take the bet of killing him before he kills me."

Sorry my poor Grammar but i think you guys will understand what i'm trying to say.

Thx for the attention.

Divinorium.

Sorry my poor Grammar but i think you guys will understand what i'm trying to say.

Thx for the attention.

Divinorium.

Yeah you've brought up some good points and I totally agree with you.

It's good to see more people taking note of the current state of the game and how it's evolving, instead of the usual knee-jerk 1-sentence responses that nearly everyone else comes up with.

Personally, I am going to take the minority here, and try to get into a CIVIL discussion about it.

--- I think bandits NEED punishment. I understand, not everyone chooses the life of a bandit, however, every single time I (as a poor survivor) tried to get supplies for my own survival, I was shot on sight by a bandit. This is NOT what people would do in a real situation. If anything, they would hold up the survivor, steal his stuff, and run away. Thats what a bandit is. In this mod, a bandit REALLY IS a mindless killer. I have escaped with a friend more north, and inland, and we have had one hell of a time surviving, sheltering, and such. We are having sooo much fun, but anywhere on the southern parts of the map, its a team deathmatch between survivors (with a single pistol) vs a bandit with a sniper, full auto rifle, or a revolver. THAT is not fun. If I wanted killing for sake of points, I would play BF3, COD, or any other FPS.

Hopefully this made since, and shed some light on my stance, I am looking forward to hearing people's reasons why the current bandit's actions are acceptable.

Bandits don't need punishment. Specially not the kind where you spawn without a gun in a game with zombies that doesn't have a melee option, lol

It's funny how some people want this game to become full PvE apparently (like the poster above me), little do they know that zombies can only be this smart and it would get boring within days.

Also saying that bandit is easier than survivor is not necessarily true, for one you can actually meet cool people as surv and having a good group to back you up > mindlessly KOSing everyone.

Let's face it, it's up to people to decide whether to kill others or not. I don't see anything unrealistic about it. It's one's own mind that made that choice. Want bandits to have a more severe punishment? Hunt them down yourself. The permadeath of your character is punishment enough. In the end, we all suffer the same way from death, just like we would in real life. Why should it be different for Bandits?

Who else would punish Bandits if there was a zombie apocalypse? Think again, because there's noone. You do what you want, there is no law, no rules whatsoever. You find a good gun first, then hell, you have the advantage and it's the other guy's problem. You as a person decide to kill someone, what's the reason you should be punished? Why should anyone at all be punished for making a choice?

And that is the beauty of this mod. How people react to certain situations, what choices do they make. Do I kill this person, can I trust him or not? Is he going to shoot me if I try talking to him? Should I take the risk? He seems better geared, maybe I should go away. Infact, that whole town sounds like whole lot of gunfire, up to me to decide whether to enter it or get more survivors and enter it together or just run away.

That is what this mod is about.

And you guys are trying to kill it by discouraging people to play a certain style, just because YOU don't approve it.

Just because I did not script rules' date=' doesn't stop anyone from making their own in game.

Are people so used to games shoving rules, tasks, stories down their throats that they can't handle it when something doesn't? Or would you like a world where the players actually get to do this? Not a structured and controlled environment that is "dressed up" as post-apocalyptic?

I hear what everyone is saying, and yes - its cruel and unsporting when you get killed 10 seconds into the game. But that's what this is, it is brutal, it is cruel. This is not fair. Maybe you will hate this game. Maybe you already do. It is an unforgiving environment with no structure. It is up to you to decide what to do next.

I would rather let the project die (and maybe it will, I accept that) than take over the role of establishing rules and punishments and structure. Instead I am going to work on the world's framework. It is up to the inhabitants of that world, you guys, to decide what kind of world you want it to be.

Is this actually possible? Fuck knows. But I really want to find out, and I've got nothing at all to loose. And to be honest, neither have you because you haven't paid me a cent and I haven't been paid a single cent for any of this.

So here's the challenge - just take a moment and think about what you are asking me for, with alot of these requests. Balancing, structure, rules, protection. These are what the game industry has shoved in your face for the last twenty years. Even the game industry itself can't escape it. EVE-Online tried briefly but caved in. Why? Money. They needed subscribers.

I don't.

This is going all the way, to whatever end that is.[/quote']

Posting it again so you can realise that the main developer is perfectly OK with the lack of rules and the emergence of banditry.

It's a feature of the game, accept it or leave.

I don't understand why people are so against bandits. Yesterday i became a bandit becouse i was forced to kill two people who were hostile towards me, it's all about survival, if i find that a player is a threat, i shoot them, no questions ask. The only consequence at this time is that you're forced into a bandit skin that makes no sense, as you should still be classified as a bandit with the normal skins tbh, being a bandit kinda gives a big ass ring over your head saying that you're a bandit.

With the way the game is going, the developer should just remove the zombies and add more players to the servers. Then rename it "Free4All Day" LOL!

I found a way to out smart the bandits... once I'm getting shot at, I disconnect from the server (very quickly) and reconnect to another server... I heal myself & move out of the danger zone! I've done it about 6-8 times now and it works. Just make sure you're always moving so you won't get a headshot on you!

There are loopholes for everything in this world!

P.S. One thing the developers should do is to put in the chat status how (who or what kill him/her) a player dies

example: "PlayerX was killed by PlayerY" or "PlayerX was killed by zombies"... that way everyone on the server knows that PlayerY is bandit.