NonovUrbizniz (DayZ)

Clipped through wall of sealed room NOW WHAT?!?!

Ugh. Riding a bike in Vybor, got hit a wall near a school building, go to get off the bike and it clips my character through the wall of the school... INTO A SEALED ROOM.

WTF do you do in this case?

I can't die, I can't get out, I can't have someone kill me or recover my gear...

Any advice is appreciated but I already kinda screwed the pooch anyway.

Would love to hear how to solve this one.

If everything else fails: Try to get in combat mode in 1.7.3. by shooting once and force game off (alt+f4, or if it didn't work shut the game from processes) and hope you will get combat logged and die of it. : D

Edited by Separat0r

Yea it is not hard just go prone and crawl out will work most of the time

Or at the very least break your legs/kill you ;)

The two posts above are about as advisable as it gets. If you can't get out by means of vaulting, crawling, rolling, etc., then follow the steps Separat0r mentioned

If everything else fails: Try to get in combat mode in 1.7.3. by shooting once and force game off (alt+f4, or if it didn't work shut the game from processes) and hope you will get combat logged and die of it. : D

It's stupid IMO that as a server admin I'm given NO extra tools to bug test without losing my actual character that I love....

I spend a LOT of time researching updates, security, different versions etc etc. and I admin a server, the fact that I just have to kill myself and then be unable to retrieve my kit because I'm not given any tools to quickly check stuff, then when something goes wrong I'm given no tools to recover from those errors...

I really feel like server admins should be given a setting in the config file to have the server live but not open to the public so they can quickly check the map state and bug check using god mode and teleporting etc to speed things up...

Is there a way for me to run an offline copy of my server on my local machine and turn battleye off so I can jump around the map and check things before going live with an update? I'm totally new to the admining thing and completely new to Battleye which while obviously needed seems sort crappy.

I'd like to see the ability to override a global ban on you OWN server ONLY. Is that something you can do and I just missed it? Or is the concern then hackers will just run servers and do what they want?... If that's the case then users should get updated Community ban lists so they know if banned players have been unbanned on the server they're joining...

To some degree hack servers can be lots of fun... it should be a choice. Not some iron fisted law from above. I don't even freaking play arma.

This is were private hives win again. You just ask for a reset and we teleport you back to the beach or if they can be bothered come to you and teleport you to thier position outside the building.

This is were private hives win again. You just ask for a reset and we teleport you back to the beach or if they can be bothered come to you and teleport you to thier position outside the building.

Yep. I'm the freaking admin lol... and I can't fix a bug that affects my own character, I'm going to switch over to a hive soon I think.