Didnt read all 8 pages' date=' but has anyone actually looted NVG and GPS off the ground and remember what they look like while laying there? I believe the GPS looks like an ammo pouch but was more curious whether or not the NVGs look like NVGs like the Binocs do on the ground.

[/quote']

The NVG look like NVG, not a misc. pouch. They are really annoying to find by helicopter crashes, I assure you. Was so close to missing them sitting there in grass. .___.

I have found NVG's multiple times (as loot' date=' not on player's corpses).

Its all about where you look.

[/quote']

Scumbag admin:

Posts in thread asking people to detail WHERE they got NVG's, claims he has found several NVG's, emphasizes that "location matters", but refuses to give any hint about those locations.

Seriously?

I have found NVG's multiple times (as loot' date=' not on player's corpses).

Its all about where you look.

[/quote']

Scumbag admin:

Posts in thread asking people to detail WHERE they got NVG's, claims he has found several NVG's, emphasizes that "location matters", but refuses to give any hint about those locations.

Seriously?

Seriously. People have posted the loot list in this thread and this whole forum since this game came out.

Use it.

I've lost count how many times I've visited the barracks at the NW airfield. Never found a single NVG. GPS OTOH I've found a couple.

I always think it's funny when I read stuff on forums like "I found 3 NVGs just in the last two days.". Or "NVGs are easy to find if you know where to look, I usually get mine within 20 minutes of spawning in Kamenka".

Yeah...suuuure...

-_-

well crashed helis work again so there is a 4% chance to find them on those.. I seen a live streamer find a crashed heli with a Fal and the m107 as loot and probably more because he was a baddie and didn't look hard enough.

I found NVG's at a heli crash site, so did my friend. And I got a GPS by killing some dude at the NE airfield.

well crashed helis work again so there is a 4% chance to find them on those.. I seen a live streamer find a crashed heli with a Fal and the m107 as loot and probably more because he was a baddie and didn't look hard enough.

Yeah, helis can have loooots of loot. One I found last night had 4 guns and NVG. <_>

Yea, heli's can have a TON of loot on them, so I don't see any reason why people can't find NVGs in the first 30 minutes of game play if they're EXTREMELY lucky.

Found 4 heli crashes, no NVG and GPS and i made sure i checked everywhere, i stayed at each heli for like 6 minutes and circled it like 10 times but no luck.

I did find the most rare item though, the l85a2 CWS. Just luck.

In the 'how well geared are you?' thread' date=' some survivors have said they acquired nv goggles, "gps's" and toolboxes within a couple of days.

At 0.11% spawn rate, couldn't you travel to north west airfield over 900 times and still not find one of those first two items?

Devs said less than 3 percent of players have nv goggles currently, yet so many people claim to have them and many say they should be more rare, why dont I find them?

I'm not calling cheats or lies obviously, I just want mine.

How did u get yours, when, where?

[/quote']

Ive picked up 3 on separate occasions, always from other players or their hidden camps, I can only assume that they were either really lucky or had been server hopping/farming for a while, my guess would be the latter.

Found a GPS on a player I killed. Same character found one in a barracks.

Now that I'm trying to find one, I cant.

NVGs not seen at all.

PS. Helis have random loot, I found one and it only had an M14 and some random crap. So they dont always guarentee lots of guns or anything. I spent 15 minutes going around it to make sure.

I dunno if cross shade is still trolling this thread or not. But ZedsDeadBaby has his math right. In this case the loot piles are all individually spawning. So you can think of each pile as a separate independent 52 card pile. Not as a single card pile.

Say we wanted to draw an ace of spades. We don't care about any card. Just the ace. If we only draw from 1 pile, then we get a 1/52 chance to get it.

If we draw out of 2 piles, then we get a 1/52 chance and an additional 1/52 chance.

This is represented by the ^x in the equations and increases base on the amount of separate piles. This will increase the chance of the one specific loot you need coming out of the pile. But unlike a single draw pile of 52 cards, which after 52 draws reaches 100%. This equation only approaches 100%, never reaching it.

gotta server hop the hot spots yo...

or at least thats what people do I believe, only ever had nvg and gps once, off a guy I killed.

think about it, a small percentage of players keeps finding it, others taking it from dead players, its normal that its actually not that super rare

Hackers made it even more rare Especialy when you kill them and they respawn same posotion do that for 20 times and you got 20 NVG's lol xD