Sign in to follow this  
cowan108

Gore. Gore. WE NEED GORE!

Everyone seems to be focused on .50 cal rifles in this thread. I think it's worth mentioning that a load of buckshot can also take off a limb, if hit in the right place.

I know what buckshot can do to a deer.. lol does that count?

It would be awesome if you stumble upon a dead body of a player, who has been eaten by zombies and the guts are hanging out with a pool of blood.

That would add to the horror aspect.

I like the melee system in Dead Island, to cut limbs off with an axe would be a great addition to DayZ. Of course only on zombies, I'm not so sure about the player characters. If you would shoot someones arm off with a 12 gauge(not sure if that's even possible) he should immediately die. That means, if you give someone the death shot, it should destroy something.

Most important gore in a zombie game is on the zombies. IMO

Edited by SpittyTheDude

Alright, I understand a 9mm doesnt do shit to your body, but a .50 cal rifle will literally tear you in half. We need more gore. Limbs must be able to be torn off, heads explode, blood everywhere! A body shot to the torso with a high caliber rifle will not just make you crumple to the ground, the body's insides will either fly out behind it, or the whole person will be thrown back. Who's with me?

Yes please, make this game 18+ so you know who are not allowed to play this game anymore :P ;)

And beeing thrown back by a bullet is hollywoodish, if physics would work that way the shooter must also fly several meters backwards or do a salto...or break his shoulder.

They actually busted this on Mythbusters, being shot doesn't throw anyone back. The only way for someone to go flying back when they get shot is for the person firing the gun to do the same (Newton's law of action creating an equal and opposite reaction) so being shot by anything wouldn't cause you to be thrown against the wall. What does happen when you're shot with a high powered rifle (eg. 50. BMG) is the impact of the bullet hitting your flesh and the sheer transfer of inertia to your body would literally shred the hit area and the trauma of losing whatever limb was hit would kill you within moments. There's a reason 50. BMG rifles against infantry is considered a war crime to the Geneva Convention, 50. BMG are -supposed- to be used as anti-vehicle weapons. The standard practice (according to Anthony Swafford, author of Jarhead) in sniper teams with the Barrett 50.cal or variation of weapon that fires 50. BMG is that the sniper humps the anti infantry rifle and the spotter humps the 50. cal. (hump meaning carry, not fuck. Sex with guns does not have a happy ending). On a side note: 9mm is lethal at short range but because both the barrel is short (in comparison to a rifle), the bullet smaller and the amount of powder used to propel it less in quantity it doesn't fly as far. Make no mistake though, being shot by an M1911 within 50 meters would still be very dangerous, within 5 meters it would definitely be lethal to the chest.

That all being said, I think gore is something that the game could use but not in excess. If the gore is scaled by caliber and distance in how much gibbing it causes, it would be nice. Just as long as it isn't like... Fallout Bloody Mess gibbing (shooting a supermutant in the foot and his head implodes in to salsa and all his limbs go flying away from his now stumpy corpse).

Mo gore and gibs please, i want to be dragging people intestines halfway down the road after i do the bruce lee jump n twist on their body. I want to throw zombies heads at people, create buckets of blood and gore and bits of sick to prop above an apartment door for the next visitor. Even impale still living zombies or drop heavy things on them from above. What about grenades covering nearby walls with bits of zombie that slowly drip down like the fully charged baseball bat kill in Manhunt. Also where are the half eaten zombies, the ones with 1 leg or no arms, or even the head + arm + half torso zombie (sheared neck to armpit) just flailing about in a corner. Finally when they are killed some should still twitch on the floor with foam oozing from their mouth.

• Like 1

Toggeable gore maybe. But I'm not a fan of excessive amounts of gore.

nonono, if gore, gore for everyone! so if you are sensible you will kill less people, fearing to approach disgusting piles of intestine and brainz

wot bludy said is right

gore for everyone

and seeing dead bodies puts you into shock :D unless you have killed the man or seen plenty of dead men before............

like there should be tourniquets you can use if you take like a bullet from an AKM or something and you're gushing blood

:D

also the blood shouldnt just go through the ground

it should leave a trail so if you are shot at by a guy he can follow the trail of blood XD

They actually busted this on Mythbusters, being shot doesn't throw anyone back.

You don't need Mythbusters to find that out, the first guy to ever fire a gun should have felt that...

honestly i think gore is just pointless. we dont need intestines, eyeballs, testicles, or asses flying everywhere. i think its better when the bodies are left in 1 piece. i agree with bullet boles and maybe shunks flying out when you shoot a guy in the head but bursting heads and flying legs? no

Limbs must be able to be torn off, heads explode, blood everywhere!

If you get shot by any kind or calibre of gun you head would not explode and to be honest i think having a certain amount of gore such as gibbing but not insides and heads explodin.

NO JUST NO

i would like it if u really can look down and see your guts hanging out and you select actian Hold Guts In , then start to scream Momma Momma just like at saving private ryan