sostronk

Why aren't whitelisted private hives running this

Encrypted SS programs that are required to be run whilst playing in them. Ive had experience having to use these in leagues for other games. In them it pretty much ruled out fog of war, ESP and wall hacks. They are quite simple to make. In one game I played, company of heroes, GameReplays had cash tournaments on a regular basis that were invitational to some of the top players in the world. In order for them to play they were required to use the program which would take random screenshots during the game. In this case admins and moderators (I was a admin), we had to go through all the screenshots at the end. But you can run a program to go through them, although it may or may not pick it up depending on how good the program is. Just a thought, I know there are a number of whitelisted private hives that are using spectator programs etc. I think a SS program is alot less invasive and alot more conclusive as its actually takes images of what the player sees. With alot, but not all scripts being detected now, I imagine ESP would be a big issue and I think this program would help alot of whitelisted hives deal with the problems. Just a thought!

i think most ss programs just screenshot the actual game, meaning if they don't have esp or anything it won't matter and they could still have a program running in the background

I understand its to stop people from cheating and so on but i really don't like the idea of a random program running on my machines sending screenshots to some random person somewhere in the world i don't know.

I can see it being abused by a lot of people.

Edited by D3nty

In my experience these programs are generally a massive pain in the arse to get working correctly, most people aren't going to be bothered unless it's for a ladder/tournament where it's required and even then its usually only used when the ladder/tournament involves cash/prizes or if it's a finals match. Good luck getting random pub players to fiddle around with a third party program for 30 minutes before they can start playing.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

To all those that say people will not spend time to set this up:

Yes they will, if you're going to go ahead and dedicate yourself to a private hive serve you might aswell make sure it's a good one. With extra security measures like this you will know that you are not wasting your time on a hacker-filled server.