Sign in to follow this  
Gashed

Let me make this perfectly clear to anyone who wants to play on a private hive server.

If you don't like the rules, you don't play. There is nobody you can complain to.

If you disapprove of being banned for something that wouldn't get you banned on the main hive, don't play. There is nobody you can complain to.

If you don't approve of sidechat, don't play. There is nobody you can complain to.

Get the message? We private hive owners/admins run a private hive because WE want to run a server with our own limitations and rules.

If you think you shouldn't be banned for calling other people "faggots" and "cunts" or screaming down side chat like a little girl everytime you die, you don't play. There is nobody above the admin of that server, for that server. He runs it during his spare time, for himself. If others choose to play, you play by his rules.

We can remove you from our server whenever we want. Hell, we don't even have to provide a reason. Fact is, you're in our territory, what we say goes.

/Rant. I assure you I'm not as power-mad as this post makes me sound. Needed to vent.

Edited by Gashed
  • Like 9

THANK YOU!

I'm tired of being called out as an abusive admin because people can't follow the rules i CLEARLY post on out forums.

• Like 1

THANK YOU!

I'm tired of being called out as an abusive admin because people can't follow the rules i CLEARLY post on out forums.

Frustrates me to no end. Not once have I banned or kicked people for killing me, or stealing my car, or raiding my camp. But fucking hell, if you're screaming down side you're gone faster than you can say "WATCH OUT, THERE'S A SNIPE-".

Edited by Gashed

With all that, all I can say is...

What's your server? It sounds like it's right up my alley!

wait wait I forgot I actually had something snarky to say.

And that is...

If you play on a public hive, there is nobody you can complain to.

I had my stuff quarantined on a server that constantly locked down for 5 hours a night. Several posts in the server section got me... silence. Requests for assistance or even public shaming went completely unanswered.

Having been an Admin in several FPS games, I find it far more rewarding to actually be professional an polite to people than "yell" at them on a forum. In last few days I have been looking at alot of these private servers, all I have found is hate, abuse, power/ego boosting people, while they attempt to extort real $$ out of people "or els we will have your CDkey banned"....lol. Good luck with that. I must say there is only one private server I have found, that is mature, sensible an "fun" an thats a lingor server in USA.

They also don't try to screw people down for cash.

Edited by Tassy
  • Like 1

Take my beans good sir.

Edited by Woodo

Having been an Admin in several FPS games, I find it far more rewarding to actually be professional an polite to people than "yell" at them on a forum. In last few days I have been looking at alot of these private servers, all I have found is hate, abuse, power/ego boosting people, while they attempt to extort real $$ out of people "or els we will have your CDkey banned"....lol. Good luck with that. I must say there is only one private server I have found, that is mature, sensible an "fun" an thats a lingor server in USA.

They also don't try to screw people down for cash.

Damn you Tassy, you gave the bait but where's the beef? I need server details. I'm going to formal resume that shit.

100 percent agree with you on this one... People complain and complain and complain yet come back cause its nearly hacker free... but we have black suvs on our private hive and therefor we are the devils....we also get u hoard all the vechiles.... when we have 150 plus on our server. WE PAY FOR IT we let you play on it for freeeee!!!

If you don't like the rules, you don't play. There is nobody you can complain to.

If you disapprove of being banned for something that wouldn't get you banned on the main hive, don't play. There is nobody you can complain to.

If you don't approve of sidechat, don't play. There is nobody you can complain to.

Get the message? We private hive owners/admins run a private hive because WE want to run a server with our own limitations and rules.

If you think you shouldn't be banned for calling other people "faggots" and "cunts" or screaming down side chat like a little girl everytime you die, you don't play. There is nobody above the admin of that server, for that server. He runs it during his spare time, for himself. If others choose to play, you play by his rules.

We can remove you from our server whenever we want. Hell, we don't even have to provide a reason. Fact is, you're in our territory, what we say goes.

/Rant. I assure you I'm not as power-mad as this post makes me sound. Needed to vent.

You need to change 'we private hive owners' to 'some private hive owner' because I'm not as elitist as you with the running of my server. So long as people follow the DayZ rules I'm happy.

Again, Austerror DayZ does not condone the OP's post.

Cheers.

100 percent agree with you on this one... People complain and complain and complain yet come back cause its nearly hacker free... but we have black suvs on our private hive and therefor we are the devils....we also get u hoard all the vechiles.... when we have 150 plus on our server. WE PAY FOR IT we let you play on it for freeeee!!!

No one AT ALL complains on my private server (of 50+ players, of whom I know 1 oog). Perhaps this is more an issue as to how you are running your server rather than your assumption of players unrealistic expectations.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 1

As one of the general admins of our servers. I've had little complaints of Admin abuse or against the rules. We keep it simple. Ban the hackers. Try to monitor the combat logging and give out warnings for that. But we generally have little issues with complaints. And usually its a hacker or a toxic user who complain.

What really bugs me is when the randoms wander onto our teamspeak and start pestering us for locations of vehicles and tents. Like we're personal ESPs. Annoying as all shit.

But anyways.

100% agree. If you don't like the Private Hive's rules. Get the fuck out and go elsewhere. If the rules are bothersome to you. We don't want you.

• Like 1