Wallace (DayZ)

The Mountain Dew Curse is real I promise you!

Today I was out tent hunting and found a tent with 5 mountain dew. I'd heard about the curse but took them any way. The next tree tents I found had an FN FAL with 2 clips, a M9 SD with 1 magazine, an L85 and an AS50, plus a Tractor and tent. I thought that I had gotten the opposite effect from the curse. I drove the tractor to ,my spot I had picked out to pitch my tent. When I got there and tryed to pitch it, nothing happened. So I tried to pitch it again, same thing. I figured I had to find a different spot, so I moved around andkept trying to pitch it. Next thing I know about 12 tents pop up and I'm banned for Object access flooding. Wow. Not even 20 mins after I loot the Mountain Dew.

Me and the server admin worked it out after I was able to convince him that i was honestly not using cheats. But it goes to show, the curse is real. I've still got the Dew though.

I found the dew in a body at the top of devils castle. i take it and next thing i know I have been thrown through the wall and out of the castle, sent plummeting to my appending doom

The trick is to drink the Dew! The curse comes upon thee for hoarding them...

I found a Dew in Cherno the other day. Ran to a "safe" spot and drank it.

No adverse effects befell unto me. No curse here I tell you!

Drink the Dew... don't "save" it or hoard them!

• Like 3

Pfft, curse. I've had a dew for days at a time, nothing bad happens to me. you guys are just trying to blame amazing mountian dew for your bad luck.

• Like 2

Killing or stealing a mountain dew is a death wish. The gods understand you have stolen and you will be delt with accordingly. On the other hand in my experience finding legit mountain dew on the ground and storing it is a good luck charm. Though i have only legitly found it twice.

earlier today i found a mountain dew and then not 30 minutes later got killed and lost as50, l85 aws, night vision, rangefinders... you get the picture. but most importantly i lost my ghillie :( not 5 minutes later i found another ghillie suit and then i realized i was in electro and got all my weapons back! i still have the mountain dew... curse? maybe so, but what if it really makes you understand the value of you arsenal.

• Like 1

Me and a friend almost got ran over by a UAZ in the middle no nowhere.

So we opened up with an M240 and M4. Vehicle exploded and then we executed the driver.

He had a mountain dew...

We left it where it was, lest the curse follow us.

Edited by JCDenton

if you see a dew. either bring it to "NO I DONT WANT TO MENTION THAT PLACE" and place it on the top of the tower (helicopter and pro-skills needed)

or just drink it as fast as you can

Edited by LawsOfFire

I've carried around Mountain Dew for over 70 in game days, drank three cans of them...nothing bad has happened.

I've carried around Mountain Dew for over 70 in game days, drank three cans of them...nothing bad has happened.

Didnt you just repeatedly die off ladders on the Namalsk private hive?

Didnt you just repeatedly die off ladders on the Namalsk private hive?

YES HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

What was your in-game name?

YES HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

What was your in-game name?

ingame is archer :P Fun times, the good old days, of players vs zombies vs ladders....

• Like 1

ingame is archer :P Fun times, the good old days, of players vs zombies vs ladders....

Mmm...I fell off the ladder, went unconscious and was stuck through a wall. My character then woke up, but I couldn't move.

Weird stuff. Ladders these days.

I had one in my inventory,

died by the SAME CAMPER 6 hours before in the same exact spot.

After about 15 minutes of holding it, facking Dew.

Bullshit. Just walk like I do.

Wouldn't The DayZ equivalent of a pirate be a bandit?

Squad Leader Jack Sparrow?

Edited by Wallace

Once, scouring Elektro for loot after respawning, I came across a can of Dew lying by a hatchet in the middle of a house.

Obviously I took it as a portent that I was to take the Dew and with it the Curse, so that I may prevent grave misfortune from falling upon others.

Taking the Dew and wielding the Hatchet, I departed into Elektro and took up residence at the two-floor building by the school and supermarket. After an hour and a half of vigilantly scanning the streets from the second-floor windows there came a strapping young lad with a hatchet. After forcing him downstairs we came to an agreement that we would split the house even; I got top and he got bottom.

It did not last.

My homicidal tenet returned 10 minutes later, bolted up the stairs and chopped out all my blood. In my death throes, he bandaged me and proceeded to drag me whilst unconscious so that I could not move when I woke up (though given the fact that my legs were broken, I could not have moved anyways).

Dragging me out back he ordered me to slay the horde of zombies that had gathered from the commotion. If I preformed admirably he would give me meat and morphine.

I failed, but before I was eaten I managed to inform him of the Dew and my sovereign duty to defend it and keep the Curse in check. Understanding, he selflessly (or foolishly) pried the can of Dew from my cold, dead hands once the zombie scum had been dealt with.

I can only pray that the Curse did not destroy him, as it had destroyed me, and that he did not partake of the beverage.

• Like 2

Wouldn't The DayZ equivalent of a pirate be a bandit?

Squad Leader Jack Sparrow?

No, the DayZ equivalent of a pirate is me, a bandit can be compared to a goat.

I've come across dew I think 3 times, 2 of the times after living quite awhile I died right after. The other time I survived very very long (might just seem so long as I was new to the game).