Wallace (DayZ)

Did I just pick up a hacked item?

So I was out in the woods earlier and came across a tent that had every tool in the game on it, every one, including the radio. But then I read on Dayz Wiki that it's impossible to obtain the radio legitematly. Did I pick up a hacked in radio? Should I drop it?

There's no crime in using hacked items, only spawning them in. You should be safe, unless another players kills you and sees you have a radio. Your choice weather to keep it or not, but they're basically useless.

the radio "can" be legit

and its worthless so the worst thing that can happen is that some servers will delete it

There's no crime in using hacked items, only spawning them in. You should be safe, unless another players kills you and sees you have a radio. Your choice weather to keep it or not, but they're basically useless.

Not quite. Admins can ban you from their servers for carrying hacked gear (even a harmless radio), if you're really unlucky you can be added to the community ban list too resulting in further bans. This applies to both public and private hives.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

Not quite. Admins can ban you from their servers for carrying hacked gear (even a harmless radio), if you're really unlucky you can be added to the community ban list too resulting in further bans. This applies to both public and private hives.

What?

Admins wonder why they are hated; they ban you because you have a hacked item which they cannot prove you hacked in. They then post on the forums that you're a hacker and you get a Global Ban. Plus Rocket clearly states that as long as you didn't hack it in you can keep it.

if you're really unlucky you can be added to the community ban list too resulting in further bans. This applies to both public and private hives.

another reason this mod has gone to shit.

i hope warZ fuks it up the a$$.

What?

Admins wonder why they are hated; they ban you because you have a hacked item which they cannot prove you hacked in. They then post on the forums that you're a hacker and you get a Global Ban. Plus Rocket clearly states that as long as you didn't hack it in you can keep it.

No. It's really important that people understand the difference between an Admin ban and a Global Ban. An Admin ban is issued by a server owner, it bans you from that server. A global ban is issued by Battleye. It can only be issued by Battleye.

No. It's really important that people understand the difference between an Admin ban and a Global Ban. An Admin ban is issued by a server owner, it bans you from that server. A global ban is issued by Battleye. It can only be issued by Battleye.

This is why I'm praying DayZ standalone isn't stupid and they do servers the right way. Having people being able to rent servers and ban people = bad. Having BI host the servers and manage them = good.

• Like 2

I'm sure a radio is a little less threatening than the likes of duped in AS-50TWS, you should be fine.

He could always throw it at them.

• Like 1

Getting banned because of carrying a hacked in weapon has nothing to do with the mod.

Piss off you warz fanboy

• Like 2

Well yea it is a hacked item found one of these in a hacked box didn't pick up any of the hacked gear though just a SVD Camo

but with my experience with the game you won't be banned for carrying a hacked tool/weapon probably from the servers

but not from the whole game i would drop it because you can't use it for anything in DayZ

This mod hasn't gone to shit it has always been good and due to most bugs and issues they are releasing a standalone version i'm pretty sure WarZ is just a cheap copy not worth buying but if you want to play that game instead of DayZ go ahead.

go back to warZ than. its not even a third of the game dayz is, and dayz is a MOD currently. warZ will die off soon

This mod hasn't gone to shit it has always been good and due to most bugs and issues they are releasing a standalone version i'm pretty sure WarZ is just a cheap copy not worth buying but if you want to play that game instead of DayZ go ahead.

dear god... Someone get this man some punctuation.

.,:;.,><.)(*;'!`".,,."!.,.)(*^,,,,,,,><>>,,..,,...,..,...

That should keep him going for a while.

• Like 1

Cheap Game? Have you seen the price?