rocket

Devblog details on engine architecture for DayZ

VAC is an anti cheat protection produced by valve, for valve

Why on earth would BI jump on a completely different, and presumably incompatible anticheat bandwaggon, when they have a proper and working anticheat solution at hand?

I think this TSAndrey guy just doesnt know what he is talking about..

That is some really exciting news!! The future of DayZ is looking very bright these dayz, thanks so much for all your hard work Rocket and the DayZ Dev Team!

There will be no microtransactions.

There will be no subscription payments.

For as long as I am involved in the project.

You sir, are da' man! Please take this coyote pack full of :beans: as a token of my gratitude. :P

Hi, I really dont give a sh+t about warnings on a forum.

And my misinformation that wasnt made reacted Rocket, that posted infos.

Your welcome

Making accusations based on nothing to get the devs to respond is definitely not the way to go about it.

Hold on now! He hasn't said "no megatransactions" yet! Show me the quote where he says that! This means that underground bunkers will costs thousands of dollars! This is horrible! HOOORIBLE!

tumblr_m2rhw3YX681rqlmkso1_500.gif

I've already bought my bunker and spent 100 ingots furnishing it in the finest game breaking vanity items available.

I've already bought my bunker and spent 100 ingots furnishing it in the finest game breaking vanity items available.

I'll get to work gold plating that toilet brush for ya Frag :wink:

Why on earth would BI jump on a completely different, and presumably incompatible anticheat bandwaggon, when they have a proper and working anticheat solution at hand?

VAC =/= Valve games only

There's quite a few on games on Steam that use VAC that Valve didn't make. It's a great anti-cheat engine and there's really no reason to not use it

"We’re ripping out everything not required and replacing it with an optimized solution that has players (the survivors) and AI (the zombies)."

this worries me, what about the squad badges o vehicles and shoulder badges on model units, what about custom faces?

or is ther a new customization like saints row 3, global agenda or apb?

• Like 1

"We’re ripping out everything not required and replacing it with an optimized solution that has players (the survivors) and AI (the zombies)."

this worries me, what about the squad badges o vehicles and shoulder badges on model units, what about custom faces?

or is ther a new customization like saints row 3, global agenda or apb?

Customization like Saints Row would be awesome for a late stage of the game, but better stick with the customization we have for now...

Customization like Saints Row would be awesome for a late stage of the game, but better stick with the customization we have for now...

While Saints Row customisation WOULD be awesome, sticking with the options we have now is not. Being able to choose your skin colour, assortment of faces, hairstyles/hats and glasses is enough for me. We don't need anything too fancy in a game that has perma-death, that could be minutes after spawn, but we need at least 4 pivotal options that allow us to make unique characters: Gender, Skin Colour, Face Shapes and Hairstyle/Hats. It'd be great to be able to choose the hair or/and hat colour, but not completely necessary.

Cause Rocket already mentioned VAC as a posibillity. And VAC sucks...

Does this mean zombie spawns will be handled by the server and not the client?

Because it would sure be nice to not be able to use zombie spawns as a player presence indicator anymore... Not to mention using them for target practice at longer ranges.

Every anticheat system sucks if you ask from us games, as long as there is hacks the systems will suck QQ... nothing wrong with BE, VAC is working also.

While Saints Row customisation WOULD be awesome, sticking with the options we have now is not. Being able to choose your skin colour, assortment of faces, hairstyles/hats and glasses is enough for me. We don't need anything too fancy in a game that has perma-death, that could be minutes after spawn, but we need at least 4 pivotal options that allow us to make unique characters: Gender, Skin Colour, Face Shapes and Hairstyle/Hats. It'd be great to be able to choose the hair or/and hat colour, but not completely necessary.

When he said "Saints Row customization", the first thought I had was using double-sided dildo's as a melee device. But I digress. I think the standalone will include some more customization, I mean, I don't expect to be able to tweak the angle of my nose or anything... and what we have now is pretty in-depth (just not configurable), However, I'm more looking forward to cuztomizing one's gear (LBVs, boots, pants, holsters, hats, etc). Which I feel is a bit more plausible than face-tweaking.