Reverend Killjoy

Fishing off Death Mountain

actually sad, you can kill dozens of bambis and noobs running around at bright daylight between cherno and electro coast with an AS50 (why do i never see these people?... oh right, i am north doing real pvp), but yet fail to hit A TRUCK

IT WAS A BIG TRUCK

YOU MISSED IT

Edited by Zombo
  • Like 1

If you don't like snipers, don't whine on the forums and feed the trolls. Grab a gun, go onto the highest population server, and kill them. We all know where Killjoy hangs around (on the highest pop server sitting up on Death Mountain), so take him out. Do what Sacriel did and counter-snipe our DMR-wielding bretheren at Cherno and Elektro. When you attack them on the forums all you will get is LOLs and overused internet memes.

Edited by ApplejackDaniels
Thread clean-up.
  • Like 1

*cleans up the thread*

To both Demissary and Rossums: If you have to keep arguing, you will do it via PM from now on.

• Like 2

Hard days work? While i do enjoy the fear bandits present, it is nonsense to tell people who have downloaded day z specific instructions.

1. Install DayZ

2.Choose Server

3.Wait a million hours at loading screen because your player is being killed by snipers before you are into the game.

4. (Finally in Game) Run for a while.

5. Exit DayZ because you will get killed by a coward that says "too bad, you are playing a PvP game" (Snipers - too much of a coward and button masher to play Arma or battle closer than 600m away.)

The term Bambi is getting a little tacky but it is still better that "A brand new player or a new spawn that would have otherwise whipped your ass in a previous character and could destroy you in arma."

If you played arma, you'd know that a lot of encounters are at 600m+. Going in like it's call of duty is just stupid.

You can't have my beans for this one.

The Gods of the game gave us sniper rifles. If they are used, it was planned that noobs will get sniped yada yada.

One would suggest you avoid death mountain, and hence the situation itself.

Edited by TheDogsBalls

See, we should pity this guy. He's missing the whole point of the mod. For him, it's find weapons, get somewhere, and kill people. There is no trip, only destination. The point of this mod is trip; laughing with your mate when you run over a pig, shitting yourself when you see a helicopter with both door gunners, running away from the three-mile trail of zeds you picked up, and grinning ear to ear when you find a UAZ. This guy gets none of that, only a cheap smile at playing a game like it's CoD. Protip: stop for a second, and fucking enjoy it. This goes for life too. I don't care where you are, stop right now and go outside. Find a bug. Watch it. It's amazing. There is so much we miss, and even in a game, true purpose should not be oversaught.

TL;DR, This is an anti-game, the CoD prick should pack the hell out.

• Like 4

You can't have my beans for this one.

The Gods of the game gave us sniper rifles. If they are used, it was planned that noobs will get sniped yada yada.

One would suggest you avoid death mountain, and hence the situation itself.

How is a bambi fresh out of Cherno going to know about death mountain? And did it ever occur to you that sniper rifles were made to take out threats before they got close, not pick off helpless bambis?

Why does he have to do it up close if he has a sniper rifle the point of having that weapon is too snipe people.....

In my opinion using the sniper is a pussies game, real men track thier prey and take them out close range, anyone can snipe someone at 500+ meters in DayZ its just plain ridiculous.

• Like 1

In my opinion using the sniper is a pussies game, real men track thier prey and take them out close range, anyone can snipe someone at 500+ meters in DayZ its just plain ridiculous.

Wow, so much wrong with this

Sniping actually takes skill, skill to shoot (it's ARMA, not WarZ), skill to place yourself where you won't be seen easily, and having an escape route, also having a team to snipe with is really fun, having to coordinate with your spotter and looter makes you so much more effective than being a solo sniper

however, the real sniper shoots ONE target, and then gets the hell out of there, or to the next spot, because you never only look for one spot to snipe something from, and you never know who is in your area hearing where you shoot from (actually real snipers are doing it like this, shoot, then gtfo)

the typical cherno or bambi sniper wil just lay at one spot for days, killing off people, and once they could be a threat (since they will know afterwards where he is sniping and will respawn with that knowledge) he will hop servers, which is meta-gaming at it's finest, rinse and repeat

the actual shooting from a far away position however still takes skill to shoot, and the OP clearly has that skill, even if he can only keep being alive by using cheap meta-game strategies

he just missed the point of the game completely, he could just as well play duckhunt simulator 2010 or the shooting range from ARMA2:OA

• Like 2

Wow, so much wrong with this

Sniping actually takes skill, skill to shoot (it's ARMA, not WarZ), skill to place yourself where you won't be seen easily, and having an escape route, also having a team to snipe with is really fun, having to coordinate with your spotter and looter makes you so much more effective than being a solo sniper

however, the real sniper shoots ONE target, and then gets the hell out of there, or to the next spot, because you never only look for one spot to snipe something from, and you never know who is in your area hearing where you shoot from (actually real snipers are doing it like this, shoot, then gtfo)

the typical cherno or bambi sniper wil just lay at one spot for days, killing off people, and once they could be a threat (since they will know afterwards where he is sniping and will respawn with that knowledge) he will hop servers, which is meta-gaming at it's finest, rinse and repeat

the actual shooting from a far away position however still takes skill to shoot, and the OP clearly has that skill, even if he can only keep being alive by using cheap meta-game strategies

he just missed the point of the game completely, he could just as well play duckhunt simulator 2010 or the shooting range from ARMA2:OA

Couldn't have said it any better, have my beans good sir!

• Like 1