Ranger79

Official disconnect thread

I know this happens alot, but we caught Taldek on tape disconnecting when he got shot at, don't know if anything can be done. First I thought it was Ghost, but he disconnected due to high ping. The slap is at the end of the video (10:52)disconnecting:

EU10 Server, tonight.

http://youtu.be/--kMaCxlS7E

According to the video though you guys said it was Ghost that disconnected, not Taldek.

And watching it, when your buddy yells out and shots are fired, Ghost is the one that disconnects.

Edit: Oh I see it now. Ghost dc'ed because of high ping. Taldek was the one that dc'ed when he was shot. My mistake.

Our group was following a player with an AK. He disconnected out in the middle of the field, since I think he might of saw us. Long story short we remembered his name and look for him in the server player list preview. A few days later we found him and killed him. He raged a bit in chat.

Yeah, this will happen until there is a proper disconnect system.

Oh Christ can we get the police involved. Maybe we can even get an official inquest into people D/C from the server.

This is in alpha, half the things don't even work and THIS is what your worried about.

SMILE TALDEK you've been EXPOSED by the fucking D/C police. :rolleyes:

Bastardville, it ruins the game, quit defending D/Cers, I take it you do this often?

Actually it ruins "your" game I couldn't care less that you missed out on shooting someone for their beans. If you want to go head to head with a player go play project reality.

And no I don't even go near players so go take your assumptions else ware.

Else'where'. And judging by the fact that over 25% of your posts are you defending D/Cers, I am going to assume until the cows come home.

They put in an entire system to dissuade people from doing just this, catching people in the act is even better because it can actually stop repeat offenders.

D/Cing to avoid zombies or being shot ruins the game for everyone by letting people cheat death.

They put in an entire system to dissuade people from doing just this' date=' catching people in the act is even better because it can actually stop repeat offenders.

D/Cing to avoid zombies or being shot ruins the game for everyone by letting people cheat death.

[/quote']

Amen brother!

So what is the plan here your going get him banned for disconnecting? You guys must be desperate for beans.

I've obviously hit a nerve here with some of the more hardcore PVP'ers. :s

Baskerville, they werent hunting him for his beans. he lit THEM up with the flares. He clearly knew they were there and was trying to find them with zero effort made to contact them to see if he was friendly. These guys arent bandits raging cause their prey escaped, these are two guys who had someone stalking them and a tense standoff and when that guy slipped up he took the weak route out instead of following the game to its conclusion. If he just wanted to save his beans he had ample opportunity to move elsewhere. Utter coward, and shit like this ruins immersion.

EDIT plus he had the chance to DC early on in the piece as well. Instead he tried to get them first. He was clearly looking to engage them by lighting them up. You dont commit to engagement then DC when you make a mistake.

A way to detect if someone disconnects shortly after a player has injured them that then kills them on reconnect would sort this out pretty fast.

and why were you laying it those woods????

and everybody is doing it, so there is no point to threads like this one...

The funny thing is if you lock close you se that Taldek and Ghost connects around 3.50 so it cant bein ether of them playing wite you from the begining...

Yesterday we found a team of 3 players MR DELICIOUS, MR DELIGHTFUL and one other similiar called guy.

All three were bandits and were coming from the barn north of elektro to elektro.

We spotted them and opened fire with hunting rifles. One was instantly hit by a bullet in the throat and collapsing. INSTANT F4 HITTING. The guy next to him saw what happened and also INSTANT F4 HITTING.

The third guy thought he would be the hero and spotted our approximate position and opened fire on our positions. He took a hit in the head and guess what? INSTANT F4 HITTING.

We are pretty sure the two guys we hit died and just disconnected during the little while before the system declares you dead. Because we hit both on the head/neck and that is pretty much instant death with a CZ.

Yet no bodies were there and I bet, because they had pretty good equipment, that they waited until there was a low player count server and connected on them and ran back to loot their bodies while the 3rd stood watch.

DCing fest.

Jester, that's a very stupid argument. By the same admission, if someone had access to a speedhack, that would be fine as well, as there 'are no rules'.

I suspect that most well established players use D/C as one method to preserve their character and gear, only some will admit to it. (I don't D/C because I'm not really that good. Pistols and beans for me most of the time.)

The only way of stopping it is to make an optional disconnect method that leaves you on the server for a short while (10 seconds or so). Disconnect any other way and your character is instantly dead and the corpse is left for looting, teabagging or whatever.

I suspect that most well established players use D/C as one method to preserve their character and gear' date=' only some will admit to it. (I don't D/C because I'm not really that good. Pistols and beans for me most of the time.)

The only way of stopping it is to make an optional disconnect method that leaves you on the server for a short while (10 seconds or so). Disconnect any other way and your character is instantly dead and the corpse is left for looting, teabagging or whatever.

[/quote']

What happens if you lose internet connection, or the power goes out, while playing?

I think having your body stay for 30 seconds after disconnecting cleanly or "losing connection" (Alt F4, Pulling the plug, etc) would be fine. Being dead on return would be aggregating if your power goes out or something along those lines.

30 seconds is more than enough time for someone shooting at you to get a decent shot. Or even run up to you and kill you. ^_^

Actually it ruins "your" game I couldn't care less that you missed out on shooting someone for their beans. If you want to go head to head with a player go play project reality.

No it ruins the mod... based on your attitude and the way you are presenting yourself through text, I take it you are one of the care-bears who oppose PVP and disconnect as well.

DC sucks i mean i lost a mp5sd, g17 hand grenade and full utilities erlier today because i didnt DC

BUT

With zombies spawning on top of peoples heads DC is sometimes a solution in the last 2 days alone we have had 3 instances of zombies spawning less than 10ft away from us and insta agroing....

The shock system of when your shot you log in unconcious is already great i think ...

What happens if you lose internet connection' date=' or the power goes out, while playing?

I think having your body stay for 30 seconds after disconnecting cleanly or "losing connection" (Alt F4, Pulling the plug, etc) would be fine. Being dead on return would be aggregating if your power goes out or something along those lines.

30 seconds is more than enough time for someone shooting at you to get a decent shot. Or even run up to you and kill you. ^_^

[/quote']

That might work although I think 30 seconds is probably too long. Try counting 30 seconds and imagine your character in game safe for that long. Might be possible in the wilderness but you would likely get killed if you ever stayed put that long in any of the big cities. Also 30 seconds is long enough to leave one server and in theory at least, join another, which would cause it's own set of problems I'm sure... having your character present in two servers at the same time. 5-10 seconds seem reasonable?

No it ruins the mod... based on your attitude and the way you are presenting yourself through text' date=' I take it you are one of the care-bears who oppose PVP and disconnect as well.

[/quote']

If i got a euro for every time you said carebear I'd be rich lol