logan23

Tried the No Gun and Limit Gear start option

Nice, I decided to do this but started with absolutely nothing, not even a backpack. It's a new lets play series of mine, feel free to check it out:

Doing this now versus when it's an actual FEATURE and the trolls know they can spawncamp anyone on the coast is a completely different thing.

The same people who say the makarov won't help you against a spawn camper are the ones complaining about being killed by new spawns with makarovs.

The truth is if you're spawn camping with a sniper rifle, odds are really good you're going to get domed by a makarov if you're not careful.

I had to do something similar after spawning in the ocean.

Somehow, I managed to swim to shore with only my ALICE pack on my back, nothing at all in my primary or secondary slots (CZ 550 and Revolver, you will be missed).

All I had were two bandages, two cans of food, a bottle of water, and a little bit of medical gear (1 painkiller, 1 morphine injector).

I'm only glad that I never ended up aggroing any zombies; if I had, I'd have surely been screwed. Finding a pistol and barely scraping by on one magazine was a challenge indeed, but what makes me say NO to any sort of 'removing starting weapons' is the incident I had when I got to Kamenka.

I came across a player with a horde chasing him, who decided to shoot at me rather than the horde. I couldn't shoot back; I was completely helpless, and since I had to run for my life I also ended up attracting a bunch of zombies.

If you want to take the hard path and ditch your starting guns and gear, by all means, go ahead!

I'd be fine if we were only given two or three magazines for the Makarov instead of 6, but those two or three mags would be enough to prevent a newly spawned player from getting raped by the first bandit he ran into, or getting endlessly chased across the map by a single zombie.

Doing this now versus when it's an actual FEATURE and the trolls know they can spawncamp anyone on the coast is a completely different thing.

The same people who say the makarov won't help you against a spawn camper are the ones complaining about being killed by new spawns with makarovs.

The truth is if you're spawn camping with a sniper rifle' date=' odds are really good you're going to get domed by a makarov if you're not careful.

[/quote']

Best solution i can come up with the Spawn Campers is to place a Fog effect (this is present in Arma2) around the beach areas which will give spawned players a few meters of cover so they can plan where to head out to. I will assume that scopes can see through Thick Fog?

This is a in game effect like rain but instead of possibly lowing your temp and get you sick, Fog would give a chance to collect your thought before heading out. But you can still get killed after your leave the Fog so think smart.

youll be able to hide from zombies.. and if everyone starts empty chance is high you meet somebody without a weapon either..

having less means also you are an less attractive target.. sinve you have nothing to loot.. and agrooing zeds can cost you more ammo than tha single can of beans you are wearing..

in the end a banit can shoot you no matter what.. and if he is a spawn sniper you can start with a rocketlauncher and still get killed after a few seconds.. does not matter what you spawn with.. if he is out for a kill.

Hey guys' date='

I saw a thread on removing the starting gun and I decided to give it a try.

I decided to remove all my gear, gun, and back pack except-

1- Can of Beans

1-Canteen

1- bandage

(Flares only at night test)[/quote']

Proving my point that anyone who wants to use this method of game play are free to do so without forcing it on everyone.

So you're gonna be the guy that runs in an starts poppin off makarov bullets at players then after dying you continue to respawn until you get Cherno or Elektro and then go do it again? Joy.

I did the test myself just a little further. On a server with no 3rd person view and way points disabled, I emptied everything out and started with a clean slate. It did take me much longer to find items but only because I was being more cautious going through towns. I did find more food/drinks/bandages than guns, of course, but I am sure if this feature is added then gun drops would increase (did find tons of mac ammo so I am sure a mac will be one of those in theory). It was hard only if I inadvertently agrod a Z but again if you can hide from them it shouldn't be a problem. As for player kills, I would always get shot getting close to a main town like Cherno or Elektro, But I feel that would happen no matter what. For my test I did it only during the day. I am afraid of the dark and night time always makes me wonder if my monitor is even on.

So I will be excited if/when this is enabled just not playing it at night.

EDIT: For full disclosure. I did use one of the many maps on the interwebs to get me around.

Hey guys' date='

I saw a thread on removing the starting gun and I decided to give it a try.

I decided to remove all my gear, gun, and back pack except-

1- Can of Beans

1-Canteen

1- bandage

(Flares only at night test)[/quote']

Proving my point that anyone who wants to use this method of game play are free to do so without forcing it on everyone.

So you're gonna be the guy that runs in an starts poppin off makarov bullets at players then after dying you continue to respawn until you get Cherno or Elektro and then go do it again? Joy.

Why would you think such a moronic thing based on my post?