Sign in to follow this  
DrainBamaged

Vilayer-DayZPlanet Hive Wipe?

Did Vilayer wipe DayZPlanet-Fallujah database/hive again?

Logged off last night with a new camp and saved gear, logged in this a.m. to find it all gone. Multiple restarts and the tents are still gone.

Before you ask, this is a passworded server.

Vilayer has done some performance tweeks to the server that the hive runs on, this has caused some issues with some data loss.

I'm pretty sure "issues" and "data loss" aren't "performance tweeks," ... I could be wrong though.

However, I'll wait and see what Lee has to say.

Edited by DrainBamaged
  • Like 1

They really need to get this shit under control. Of course I want performance increase (we also have ViLayer), but the maintenance should be scheduled and announced. This random hacking in the servers is annoying. Yes, it's hacking as opposed to cracking before you say anything.

If we are aware then it's no issue and you can plan other things.

Follow up question as well:

Does this "performance tweek" restart the timer for vehicles and aircraft spawning? Because at the time of this incident we were still waiting for our vehicles and aircraft to start spawning back in after the last one on the 17th-18th of October, 2012. Just curious so I can tell my pissed off players something.

Follow up question as well:

Does this "performance tweek" restart the timer for vehicles and aircraft spawning? Because at the time of this incident we were still waiting for our vehicles and aircraft to start spawning back in after the last one on the 17th-18th of October, 2012. Just curious so I can tell my pissed off players something.

We've had all kinds of issues with vehicle spawns, especially on Chernarus.

Vehicles spawns in clusters with sometimes up to 8 vehicles. Usually some of them disappear after

a server restart which is a night mare since you never know which one.

No choppers. We literally combed the map. But that could be the spawn cycle.

Crash sites works though.

our vilayer server messed up too, logged in friday like a new spawn with everything lost. Started over and geared up again and logged out friday after a bit too much to drink, logged in yesterday with everything lost again.

Gearing up again hasn't bothered me, it's the feeling of 'what's the point?' if next time you log-in you are like a new spawn again.

Some word on what is actually going on/how long it will probably take would be nice.

According to Vilayer they were upgrading the private hive. Something to do with maximising CPU efficiency and getting it to work off all cores... we should notice faster loading times, but still i have long loading times, maybe something to do with the 60 players on the server....

the mods theyve been doing with the dayz code is fantastic tbh, theyve got rid of a lot of bugs and introduced some good features :)

I'm certainly not denying that they've done a lot of good work with all the add-ons. However, as far as I'm concerned, what's the use in all the add-ons if I can't keep the gear for longer than a few days before it's wiped away.

A simple notice posted in advance would have been nice. I don't even know anymore why I am still paying for multiple servers that connect to the Vilayer-DayZPlanet Hive when they've become unplayable. It's frustrating and really pissing off my players and me.