neetrucfuclie

Make DayZ more DayZ by cutting off the offline relationships of players by respawn in random server

First sorry for my English. And this idea has in my mind for serveral months and for some reason I cannot play DayZ right now so I don't know if DayZ still need this suggestion.

I think many offline-union, I mean the players who have known each other offline have been impacting the core ideal of this game. Players who can find companions offline will take neither their lives nor their social relationships in game seriously. It results many players are easy to decide to kill other players they don't know in real life, and tend not to join hands with other survivors. Moreover, when players died, they only lose their equipments, but not their social relationships, thus death became a not very punishment, so the players are not so cherish thier lives, an extreme example is some players even enter the game just for killing others, but this is a survival game isn't it? The essence of this multi-players game is the entanglement of the relationships between each player isn't it? Due to the above reasons, things in DayZ are not DayZ enough, sometimes it's even became just a degenerated ArmA 2 battle with zombies and humans.

My idea is, abolishing server selection, making players enter servers random, fixing one "life" of a player in one server, after a player died, he/she will respawn in the other server randomly, it'll need a whole new network system I think.

I think this idea will definitely make DayZ more DayZ, but whether more people like it or not is another story, it's just a suggestion.

Edited by neetrucfuclie
  • Like 1

a game called dark souls tried this, but they still weren't able to enforce the randomness and people still found each other one way or another.

People like to play games with friends...

• Like 5

NOPE, this will destroy the game completely or at least in my eyes

• Like 1

Yes, I totally agree with you, this idea doesn't mean that people should play alone, it means people should pay more attention on their friendship in game, it'll make the friendship in game much firmer and valuable, and bring the new friendship to players. And when players losing it, it'll make players realized more importance of the friendship.

Sorry for my English again.

NOPE, this will destroy the game completely or at least in my eyes

I understand, I think at least DayZ can seperate a new mode for this, just like the two modes of PVP and PVE in other MMORPGs, people can choose their way to play.

Well first thing i would do in an Katastrophy Szenario is try to gather Friends and Family around me.

Then Gear up and try to Survive and rebuild.

Im on your Side on the Topic of "Punishment for ruthless Killer" maybe you like my Idea:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/38742-suggestions-for-the-dayz-standalone-thinking-outside-of-the-limitations-of-an-arma-2-mod/page__st__640#entry936796

Well you see, your idea is kinda interesting but let's think about it.

I wanna play with some real life friends and make new friends while I play too.

I completely understand your concern, in a real life situation pulling the trigger wouldn't be as easy as it is in a game because you have all the pressure of being alone in a huge world and wanting company like every human do. This is impossible to emulate in a game thus making the PvP aspect of this game exists. People kill each other for a reward, in the case of the games those are the guns, ammo, food, etc the victim is carrying.

In a real life situation you could do the same and get the same result OR you could try becoming friends with that person. Doing so would lead to various advantages that can't be emulated by the game like having a company to talk to, having someone to care for you in case you got ill, have someone to keep a watch during the night and etc.

So yeah, after all this is a game. A game in which we can't actually represent feelings of loneliness very well.

TL ; DR: it sounds like a great idea at first but when you really think of it you are just trying to patch a "problem" inherent to gaming.

• Like 2

Well first thing i would do in an Katastrophy Szenario is try to gather Friends and Family around me.

Then Gear up and try to Survive and rebuild.

Im on your Side on the Topic of "Punishment for ruthless Killer" maybe you like my Idea:

http://dayzmod.com/f...640#entry936796

Nice to meet you, I read your ideas, it's very interesting. But in my opinion, I prefer the systems built by the participators, not by the supernatural powers like a god or Rocket, I really want to see the political behaviours and their influences from players to players not from the developer, it mean the less rules by program the more rules by players' actions in game the better.

Edited by neetrucfuclie

Well you see, your idea is kinda interesting but let's think about it.

I wanna play with some real life friends and make new friends while I play too.

I completely understand your concern, in a real life situation pulling the trigger wouldn't be as easy as it is in a game because you have all the pressure of being alone in a huge world and wanting company like every human do. This is impossible to emulate in a game thus making the PvP aspect of this game exists. People kill each other for a reward, in the case of the games those are the guns, ammo, food, etc the victim is carrying.

In a real life situation you could do the same and get the same result OR you could try becoming friends with that person. Doing so would lead to various advantages that can't be emulated by the game like having a company to talk to, having someone to care for you in case you got ill, have someone to keep a watch during the night and etc.

So yeah, after all this is a game. A game in which we can't actually represent feelings of loneliness very well.

TL ; DR: it sounds like a great idea at first but when you really think of it you are just trying to patch a "problem" inherent to gaming.

Of course, people killed others for reward, and I'm agree this kind of killing. I think you maybe thought I want this game to be a totally friendly game, if u think so you've misunderstood me probably because of my unskilled English.

What I want is neither the friendly nor the hostile, but the entanglement of these two relationships between players, a balance, a balance caused by the players' situation only in game, not offline.

For example, in game, a group often have much survival rate than a solo ( well, not for some people who too expert in solo ), but it not means that the larger the group the higher the survival rate, because of the hunger, the injury and the limited food and medicine. Think about the situation that a group of three is facing hunger, but the supplies of them can only fed two until they find the next supermarket or animal, or survival. It still have many chances to make players kill each other, even their friend, but not just for fun, and sometimes it'll be a very hard decision to make just like that in the real life.

I just want to eliminate the people who too like to kill, who doesn't in the game's logic: even don't want the goods from the kill, even don't care about their own lives.

Edited by neetrucfuclie

Beans for this idea.

I've had a similar idea in my head as well, a dark fantasy about a world sized map where players would travel for weeks before they met the first other human. Imagine playing the game for that long, starting to think you're alone and suddenly you see another player on a distance. What to do, what to do!? Oh no, he's got a sniper rifle, what does that mean, is he dangerous!? A DayZ experience increased by magnitudes.

Since a world size map is pretty difficult to achieve, hiding the server details for the players would be an alternative solution.

Absolutely. Still, it kinda trivializes the game. Since you know you're going to meet up with your friends you'll never team up with a random stranger.

Ah well it will probably not happen. While DayZ was an "anti-game", the stand-alone will have a profit goal and eventually cater for the mainstream player. Wouldn't be surprised if there will be clan support, friends list, global chats etc etc. Meh.

Edited by platecloak

The problem with this idea is that far from making DayZ more DayZ as you suggest, it would in fact make DayZ less DayZ.

If you want to play the lone wolf then do so, no one is stopping you but the clans or gangs or whatever you call them are integral to the game, they add a sense of realism too as there is no doubt that alliances would form in a post apocalyptic situation, and that bands of roaming humans would be both the biggest threat to, and the best source of hope for a survivor just as they are in the game.

Edited by Rastamaus

No need to restrict server selection. Invent something that makes great value of cooperating with random strangers instead of killing them. Or make killers bear responsibility and get hunted down for murders... like, cough, I suggested nearby in Perma-identity thread :P

Maybe if there was something to do BESIDES kill people...:)

I like playing with my friends, you can make a stronger group that way. Its also much more fun to play with someone u know because you can chitchat during the endless jogging about random shit more enjoyably than with some guy whose ass you saved in elektro :)

Are you FOREVER ALONE?

To the subject, this must be in one of the worstest ideas ever, I rather take wall limbing machetes... This crosses the line where you cannot implement all to make it more "realistic".

One of the key features in this game is to survive with a friend, that is the thing that makes so intense situations.

So no.. will never be implemented.

Actually, this could work also if it's voluntary.

There could be ordinary servers and an option to join a pool of servers where server details such as number of players and who's

playing is hidden.

If the pool is large enough, the player would know that it would never be practical to try to meet up with someone - and all other players joining the pool would be in the same situation. No player would never know if the server is full or empty.

A problem could be tents and vehicles the player have saved. It should be arranged so that tents and vehicles follow the owner. Again, if the pool is large enough any server with a clear area around the player's tent could be selected and then the tent be placed there.

Why would I ever play a zombie survival game where I can't enjoy it with friends? This would just increase the number of lone-wolf bandits and is way too radical.