Ghoul_Life

How to make a clan?

How do i make a clan so me and my buddy can private chat, also what are clans for? what else do you get besides private chat?

Having private chat has nothing to do with clans. Clans are just groups of like-minded people, some are very organised, others are more casual. If you just want to chat with your friend while you play Skype could work for you.

Thanks alot (Skypes probably what the people on the server was talking about)

Playing with a group/clan gives you a massive advantage over others not because of scripted mechanics but because the game is realistic enough to allow for things that work in real life to also work in game. Simply put, your survival chances will go up massively if you work with others. For private audio chat you just need to use either skype, teamspeak 3 or ventrilo.

Playing with a group/clan gives you a massive advantage over others not because of scripted mechanics but because the game is realistic enough to allow for things that work in real life to also work in game. Simply put, your survival chances will go up massively if you work with others. For private audio chat you just need to use either skype, teamspeak 3 or ventrilo.

This.

Just think about the advantage of having a buddy that give you a blood transfusion when you are low on blood.

You can have different roles (spotter, scout, medic e t c) which all give you added value to the game play.

I reccommend using TeamSpeak and/or ventrillo for your gaming needs. Skype is simple, easy to use and all, but is not made for gaming, and when I am playing and get a skype message, even playing SimCity, it will take me out and show me it because it feels as though "Hey there" is more important than "Your Nuclear Plant just caught on fire! Dispatch those trucks!". Teamspeak servers are hard to set up, but finding an already made server that will give you your own little nook to hide in and chat is always good. Ventrillo is not as good quality, network, or setup as teamspeak but is a lot more user friendly and does what it is supposed to do well.

As for a clan in DayZ... well they really don't matter unless you're doing something and have a goal. Everything else I call a survivor group, but it isn't necessarily derogatory or anything... they're just not active bandit hunters or bandits. Or medics. Or whatever.